It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

animals loosing sense of direction.(humpback whale in VA)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
well we all know about the birds loosing there sense of direction and the alligator turning up in virginai along with a great white and a giant stork. well now we have a humpback whale close enough to touch at the beach. when the local news updates there site ill get the link. let me go get some other links.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 7/31/2004 by machinegunjordan]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Just my opinion, but I think there should be a study on the effects of radio waves on the animals' internal navigation system. With the cellphone, satellite, Wi-Fi, etc, frequencies are constantly jammed with signals that weren't around even a decade ago. I would start there.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Just my opinion, but I think there should be a study on the effects of radio waves on the animals' internal navigation system. With the cellphone, satellite, Wi-Fi, etc, frequencies are constantly jammed with signals that weren't around even a decade ago. I would start there.
they are most likely loosing sensee of direction because of the weakining magnetic field of earth which is what they use to navigate. one last link to find.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
here is the link about the whale.

home.hamptonroads.com...

i am going to sandbridge beach today so if i happen to see this whale i will snap some pics.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
well i thought people would care about this thread but i guess i was wrong. i find it interesting

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
last time ichecked it has something to do with them getting the polar coordinates confused. Birds and other animals have a sort of internal compass they can use to findtheir way. Sometimes it messes up

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

That�s a very good point. I�ve never thought of that possibility.

BTW, I�ve had 2 strange sightings the last couple of days. First I saw hundreds of birds like a swarm of bees. Flying around and around. They appeared like a small tornado in a way, if you understand what I mean. Don�t know what kind of birds. Small ones and dark in color. I thought no more about it. But then yesterday I saw the same scene, but this time white seagals. Hundreds of them, flying around and around, the whole swarm appeared like a small tornado, and this was over land not sea. They looked kind of crazy to me. They looked like they had lost their way.
Radiowaves/cellphones etc. ... Good theory.

EDIT: Some minor typos

[edit on 2004/8/1 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
well they use the earths magnetic field to navigate and the earths magnetic field is weakening which is very sad.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I agree I think its the earth's geo-magnetic field that is collapsing much faster than scientists ever expected. The birds are just one of the symptoms of this, now the strange behaviour by whales. I found this article in it the answer presented is sonar use by the military, I think it may be so but more likely the same cause as the strange behavior by the birds.

" Residents of Hanalei Bay on Kaua'i woke up last weekend to a distressing sight: As many as 200 melon-headed whales, a small and sociable species that usually stays in deep waters, were swimming in a tight circle as close as 100 feet from the beach, showing clear signs of stress.

To keep the animals from beaching, residents kept a vigil all day and through the night, until a flotilla of kayaks and outrigger canoes could be assembled to herd the animals back out to sea. So far, only one young whale has been found dead.

But among increasingly worried whale advocates and researchers, the event set off immediate alarm bells: Melon-headed whales are not known to beach themselves, and nothing like this mass stranding close call has occurred in Hawai'i for 150 years."

the.honoluluadvertiser.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
well guys when i went to the beach i did not see the whale but i doubt it has left yet.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
poor animals i hope they find their way home

top topics

join