It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan's army warns US not to stage more raids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

ISLAMABAD – Pakistan's army broke its silence Thursday over the U.S. commando raid that killed Osama bin Laden, acknowledging its own "shortcomings" in efforts to find the al-Qaida leader but threatening to review cooperation with Washington if there is another similar violation of Pakistani sovereignty.

The tough-sounding statement was a sign of the anger in the army. It also appeared aimed at appeasing politicians, the public and the media in the country over what's viewed by many here as a national humiliation delivered by a deeply unpopular America.

Looks like Pakistan is pretty ticked off about the US having troops on their soil. Will the US continue to keep special forces on the ground in Pakistan?

The army warned the United States not to launch another attack like the one that took out bin Laden. On Wednesday, U.S. State Department spokesman Mark Toner did not rule out the possibility the U.S. would do just that.

Theres a possibility that the US will continue raids on Pakistani ground.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

They're in a catch 22 situation as the US contributes alot of fundung to their army. Millions I believe, also trillions in aid to the government.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Also this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... which is where my comments are.

ETA: We don't give their government trillions. Billions, yes.
edit on 5/5/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Lol or what?

What are they going to do, physically stop us?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The way im looking at this is, the rest of the world is now turning against the American war machine, they now are truley seeing how Americia manipulates facts and figures to gain superiority but that time is coming to an end.

Pakistan was violated by another nation, look at it this way. Would you like it if your neighbour came into your house uninvited/unknown and took a sh*t in the livingroom and proceded to steal a TV, then blab to the rest of your neighbours what a good time he had and flaunt his trophy to the world with rejoyces and partys over a state controlled murder.

Dam straight Pakistan should stand their ground because if they kick off against America you can sure bet the rest of the world would be ganging up against it also. The world is sick and tired of America flexing its muscles and sooner or later it will be delt a crashing blow.

I do not advocate any type of war , i live in the UK, i believe in God not religion, served in the UK's army and will always support our troops.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

Well they could make life hell for soldiers in Afghanistan, which will continue to drain your country like cancer.

If the Pakistani government doesn't want them there, then it's time to go. However I suspect behind closed doors Pakistan is benefiting somehow.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So it begins....

I feared this was going to happen!

I have this ffeling that we may have actually killed ISI jailers to get to osama, and the byplay we're seeing indicates to me I may be right to think so.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

They have nukes my friend, nothing to laugh at, all they have to do is sell one to a 'terriorist' orginasition and its going to get messy.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It is time we take their nukes. You wouldn't allow a third grader to keep a loaded pistol.

I am sure India would be quite pleased too.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I think this whole "OBL Kill thing" was to piss off Pakistan,who is also playing with China i believe (The US dosn´t like that...),until they have enough and stike back... And if that doesn´t work,well,the whole "Pakistan is helping Al-Qaeda" Propaganda which has beeing hinted at is already there (what do you think they will find on the Data Osama had? Take a guess...)

And then you have those "Hidden Nukes" BS. Guess where they will come from when they are found (either trough Osama´s Data,or after one blows up)?

Other then Pakistan allied with China,there is nothing there...so why?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

Well they could make life hell for soldiers in Afghanistan, which will continue to drain your country like cancer.

If the Pakistani government doesn't want them there, then it's time to go. However I suspect behind closed doors Pakistan is benefiting somehow.

If they like the billions in foreign aid they receive from us, they are going to do nothing but sit there and love the hell out of whatever we do.

If not, we can simply keep our money and watch them suffer.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Sooo, now we believe that they killed osama?

I can't keep up with all these conspiracies.

Pakistan has no right to get uppity - they effectively were harboring a wanted criminal who was sitting right under their noses.

They're just a wee bit butt hurt is all..

new topics

top topics

join