It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Articles from 2001/2002 claimed Osama was Sick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I just came across these newspaper articles that claimed that Osama was unwell and suffered from kidney failure/diabetes/Lung disease in the early 2000's.

February 1, 2002.

This is a man who was clearly not well. I mean, as you see from these pictures here, he's really, by December he's looking pretty terrible. But by December, of course, that tape that was aired then, he's barely moving the left side of his body. So he's clearly got diabetes. He has low blood pressure. He's got a wound in his foot. He's apparently got dialysis ... for kidney problems.

CNN

1 November 2001.

Two months before September 11 Osama bin Laden flew to Dubai for 10 days for treatment at the American hospital, where he was visited by the local CIA agent, according to the French newspaper Le Figaro. The disclosures are known to come from French intelligence which is keen to reveal the ambiguous role of the CIA, and to restrain Washington from extending the war to Iraq and elsewhere.

The Guardian

28 Dec 2001

OSAMA BIN LADEN heaped praise on 'the 19 students who shook the American empire' in the September 11 attacks in a chilling video shown in full last night by an Arab television station. The recording was dismissed by the Bush administration yesterday as sick propaganda possibly designed to mask the fact the al-Qa'eda leader was already dead.

The Telegraph

January 18, 2002

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- Pakistan's president says he thinks Osama bin Laden is most likely dead because the suspected terrorist has been unable to get treatment for his kidney disease.

In Washington, a senior Bush administration official said Musharraf reached "reasonable conclusion" but warned it is only a guess.

"He is using very reasonable deductive reasoning, (but) we don't know (bin Laden) is dead," said the official, who requested anonymity. "We don't have remains or evidence of his death. So it is a decent and reasonable conclusion -- a good guess but it is a guess."

The official said U.S. intelligence is that bin Laden needs dialysis every three days and "it is fairly obvious that that could be an issue when you are running from place to place, and facing the idea of needing to generate electricity in a mountain hideout."

CNN

October 7, 2002

KABUL, Afghanistan (CNN) -- Osama bin Laden is "probably" dead, but former Taliban leader Mullah Omar is alive, Afghan President Hamid Karzai has said.

CNN

18 July, 2002

The US Federal Bureau of Investigation's counter-terrorism chief, Dale Watson, says he thinks Osama bin Laden is "probably" dead.

BBC

December 26, 2001

Usama bin Laden has died a peaceful death due to an untreated lung complication, the Pakistan Observer reported, citing a Taliban leader who allegedly attended the funeral of the Al Qaeda leader. "The Coalition troops are engaged in a mad search operation but they would never be able to fulfill their cherished goal of getting Usama alive or dead," the source said. Bin Laden, according to the source, was suffering from a serious lung complication and succumbed to the disease in mid-December, in the vicinity of the Tora Bora mountains. The source claimed that bin Laden was laid to rest honorably in his last abode and his grave was made as per his Wahabi belief.

FOX news

How strange is this? All of the above mentioned sources are major dis-information agents and mass brain washers. Why the hell would they all write this a couple of months after 911 took place? More dis-info?
edit on 4-5-2011 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Thank you for your time to put these together for us...... I already knew about these but sadly, there's gonna be people on here and offline who might not even believe those articles. Hope, I may be wrong but over the last 10 years with all this Terror hype BS tells me different about some people..

And to add... There also been reports and confirmation about Bin Laden being sick and wont be living for too long to that he's already been dead as of late 2001/2002 from international sources, High-Officials and so on. If he didn't die during that time then he could have died during these 10 years already and not hmm last week, so the government says..

Also, I remembered once back in 2004-05, There were sites reporting there was a Memorial Service for Bin Laden in the Middle East with flyers and all. I never really looked into it so I cant say it was true or not.
edit on 4-5-2011 by MilzGatez because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
You might want to download and save that.

There's another thread with doctors now disputing that he ever had kidney problems.

New (or more) disinfo. And no body to check for verification.

How convenient.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
While I've known about his apparent kidney and possibly liver problems for some time, I was under the impression it was more of a fringe theory. Now I see it was all over the MSM at the time. Good finds.

As for your first quote, I heard that the lack of movement in his left side was more likely due to stroke rather than diabetes, as strokes apparently have a high occurrence in those who suffer kidney failure.
Dead or Alive?

edit on 4/5/2011 by BombDefined because: spelling and clarity

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

The whole topic stinks of propaganda. Why would they tell us Osama is dead a couple of months after 9/11, Including officials from the Bush administration. Then bring about the character again looking healthier than ever with an all of a sudden black beard after invading Iraq?, Even the Taliban released reports that Osama had died in 2001.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BombDefined

I had also suspected stroke for his limp arm. Thanks for the link to the book and it states that he was on hemo-dialysis and this could have been a result of diabetes causing his kidneys to fail. I was also shocked to find out these articles were all over the MSM.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

The whole topic stinks of propaganda. Why would they tell us Osama is dead a couple of months after 9/11, Including officials from the Bush administration. Then bring about the character again looking healthier than ever with an all of a sudden black beard after invading Iraq?, Even the Taliban released reports that Osama had died in 2001.

If you dont mind me answering that.... exactly as you said... its propaganda....During the early years after 9/11... All the terrorist BS with Osama being the leader and what not..... was still new and was still being written to feed the American people to show them this is serious business. So I assume these Media outlets were digging for more information and found some....but were buried...also with the Officials in the Bush Admin. not all being under the "know it all" or maybe did get confirmation from within and said the things they said...even with the Taliban releasing reports, many people dont know about all of that.

After sometime, People kinda forgot about Osama due to the Saddam capture and killing and invading a country that suppose to had WMD and more so they had to bring Osama back into the picture once the USA was already in Iraq taking over to keep the War On Terror alive and to keep on what they been planning for years but all the videos and recording after the 3rd video(if im correct) that were suppose to be Osama were all staged and made, The guy they showed wasnt even Osama,

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MilzGatez

When I saw the 911 confession tape I couldn't help but laugh, Definitely not Osama.

Bin Laden Tape faked

Good Morning America host Chris Cuomo is schooled by four Pakistanis on Bin Laden's CIA connections. Cuomo seems surprised.

Laden At Rawalpindi Hospital September 10th 1 28 2002 CBS

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

LOL I wish i had a truck with a huge tv and speaker and drive around NYC playing those clips and others like them so people can know the truth, can know whats going on, to know the media sometime tell you the truth at the early stages then switch it up,,,,

If people going to "deny" these clips and reports that been covered,leaked,etc all throughout the years then they will stay under the dumbness spell for maybe forever.

Thinking and asking questions is ALWAYS GOOD, Remember, There's never a dumb question lol

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

This is important information - bumped, starred and flagged.

new topics

top topics

join