It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Australian media is saying about the OBL killing ... may surprise you!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
alot of us ameircans did not celebrate obls death

alot of us americans are shamed of our country at the moment.

dont believe everything you see on tv.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

I also have contacts within the militay both here and in NZ.....

they too agree this story is a load of BS....

increased danger? Well, 541 Taliban militants supposedly dug their way out of an Afghani jail that was heavily guarded.....HELLO !!!

This appears on 26th April 2011:

www.express.co.uk...

then this appears hours AFTER the "great" escape:

www.express.co.uk...

and now this:

Osama allegely killed on 1st May 2011.

The military are not told of any back door goings on......they are not on a need to know basis other than what their military chiefs want them to know and even then most of them only find out like the rest of us.

Having military contacts means squat.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Besides, celebrating his death is a bit strange... The war will still go on, and will go on for who knows how long. This is not the same as Victory Day after world war two like some people on other threads have suggested what this day is like. His death will also not bring back those that died in this city that I live in. He was an evil man and death was coming to him, but I think there should have been a trial akin to Nuremberg, along with those in gitmo.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
alot of us ameircans did not celebrate obls death

alot of us americans are shamed of our country at the moment.

dont believe everything you see on tv.

Yes we do.

Didn't you see that crowd that instantaneously appeared in front of the White House (flags, signs, and everything) right after Osama's death announcement?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando

And who is Australia to be opening its little pie whole face on the subject any way!!
edit on 3-5-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

Please refer to my last post - this "Australian" was one of the first on the ground in Afghanistan.

Where were you?

Ive read many reports in the last 10 years of the Afghanistan campaign that stated if it wasn't for the Aussie Special Forces watching over the US troops high up in the mountains ridges, the US casualty rates would have been alot higher.....heck, I even heard the Aussies had members placed with US soldiers mainly because they were so scared of friendly fire...dont know how true the last bit is but it wouldn't surprise me.

In regard to the OP's initial post......how the world views the US from outside the US should really make the US itself take a step back and ponder the results of its actions. Its all good to be patriotic and gun-ho American inside the USA, but the majority of the world including the public of many of your Western Allies has had enough of the double standards the the US consistantly applies to the international rule of law whenever it suits them.

Setting these sort of precedents does nobody any favours.

The US is spiralling downwards and slowly becoming that which they proclaim to be fighting against and trying to protect against......then again if Israeli Mossad hit squads can assume the identity of Australian citizens and take part in international assasinations as we saw last year I think it was in Saudi Arabia then why cant the USA?

Global Superpower only in military, not economics let alone bloody morals!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando

Originally posted by PhantomSnake
Honestly watching their reaction made me feel incredibly ill
that must be incredibly bad karma!
no wonder i've heard many people say they deserve whatevers coming...

i just hope now we can somehow sever ties and avoid any more of our soldiers getting hurt
as many people will agree
if the SHTF
ide rather be standing behind an Aussie SAS
than a yank with lots gadgets

Hahah - come to Australia, I've already got a big piece of land, with enough supplies and arms to wait it all out ...

Don't they have tuff gun laws in Australia, unless your former military such as yourself?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dwmjr1985
Besides, celebrating his death is a bit strange... The war will still go on, and will go on for who knows how long. This is not the same as Victory Day after world war two like some people on other threads have suggested what this day is like. His death will also not bring back those that died in this city that I live in. He was an evil man and death was coming to him, but I think there should have been a trial akin to Nuremberg, along with those in gitmo.

Not sure why you find it so strange. This is the biggest symbolic victory in the war against terror since 9/11. I think the people celebrating were just glad to have something to rally behind. It's been a LONG 10 years since 9/11. Multiple wars, tough economic times, etc.

People just want, hell maybe even need, something to be happy for.
edit on 4-5-2011 by Tosskey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Bush publicly stated after September 11, 2001, that he wanted bin Laden's "head on a plate". Did Obama order his capture, or his execution?

The question would be did Bush get Osamas head on a plate and did he put it where Geronimo's head used to be in the Skull and Bones building? And wasn't Geronimo one of the code words during the raid?

www.conservativerefocus.com... oom

We've Id'ed Geronimo: Bin Laden Codeword ResonatesThroughout Tense White House Situation Room

en.wikinews.org...'s_grave

Apaches accuse Prescott Bush of robbing Geronimo's graveFrom Wikinews, the free news source you can write!
UncheckedJump to: navigation, search
Sunday, December 25, 2005

Native Americans are petitioning Congress to investigate the elite Skull and Bones group and return what they believe are the remains of Apache warrior Geronimo for reburial.

The petition alleges that Geronimo's grave was robbed in 1918 by members of the society, including Prescott Bush, President George W. Bush's grandfather. The alleged graverobbers stole Geronimo's head and his prized silver bridle, which had been buried with him. These allegations are also within a book by Yale graduate, Alexandra Robbins, titled; "Secrets of the Tomb". Robbins suggests that the reason these men robbed graves is; "Bones as a society is preoccupied with death; skulls, skeletons, and artwork depicting death are prevalent in the tomb. When Bonesmen steal things they use the euphemism that they are taking 'gifts to the goddess' whom they honor within the tomb."

Guess we will never know?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." -- Martin Luther King, Jr

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus

Please stop thinking and support your government.

Spoken like a true gov't shill

2nd line

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Not sure why you find it so strange. This is the biggest symbolic victory in the war against terror since 9/11. I think the people celebrating were just glad to have something to rally behind.

You really think a bunch of useful idiots manipulated and staged into celebrating this farce reflect well upon the United States of America? Those people wouldn't have a clue if they were celebrating their own demise, which strangely enough, appears what they were doing the other night.

Instead of going to the White House to demand answers to a multitude of unanswered questions, they go to the White House to kiss ass. For their sake, I hope they got some cheap American piss water beer out of the deal, since it looks like they finished up all the Kool Aid real fast.
edit on 4-5-2011 by SphinxMontreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus

Originally posted by XRaDiiX
I was thinking the same thing when OBL was assassinated (Purportedly). Apparently he was physically ill so he was probably killed while laying in bed and they now come out on the MSM saying he was Unarmed; i think its obvious he was assassinated on-purpose also the U.S does not want him to be in a world court or public trial because he might say something that threatens the U.S's legitimacy.

I also am not sure if he was even killed recently their has been much talk of conspiracies about other possible scenarios like he was frozen, or he was killed years ago etc... Idk what to think. ATM

edit on 3-5-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

What nonsense.

Osama, while unarmed, and being old and sick, was able to resist several highly trained and physically fit Navy SEALS. Even though the SEALS probably outnumbered him, they were getting their asses kicked around the room so they had to shoot Osama in the face.

Yep thats the MSM View on the matter

And they actually think people will eat that story up. I call bull and many other people i know are suggesting the same.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

geronimo was a terrible name for bin laden if people know anything about geronimo

he became a legendary warrior who could not be killed.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dwmjr1985

yes the Gun laws are tuff.......for the law abiding citizens.....just ask the local bikie chapters what they have in their arms chache...you can bet they are not limited to bolt action rifles and 10 shot magazines.....

then again you can still do quiet well and have a supply of quality rifles within the legal limits.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ramuh
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." -- Martin Luther King, Jr

Only if martin luther king was here some 50,000 years ago?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

If it were in an some other parts of the world.. The body would have been dragged down the street , spat on, kicked and probably further mutilated . Head torn off all while being recorded on mobile devices. I think a few drunk teenagers were pretty harmless. Why dont you try living in those parts of the world. Since you seem so ashamed. boohoo

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Didn't you see that crowd that instantaneously appeared in front of the White House (flags, signs, and everything) right after Osama's death announcement?

Yeah, a little too instantaneous for my blood. I guess political rallies, false flag events and fake riots aren't the only things these scam artists enjoy staging.

For your own welfare, you may want to start thinking prior to supporting your Government with yet another mindless knee jerk brain fart. There is nothing more dangerous to a society than a large group of morons who respond like well trained dogs being given commands. Check that - dogs are a lot more intelligent and useful to a society than these slugs.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
If only the citizenry of America could represent Americans to the world at large.

Not the government, not our political so-called "leaders", not the heavily propagandized main stream media, but the very people of this land that are being potrayed to the world at large.

What a different view the world would have.
edit on 5/4/2011 by dethduck because: Spacey

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

yes when kiwi boys turn adolescent we give them a sheep to practice on then once they marry it gets imported to aus to eat :p

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ramuh

And I think this statement stands out amongst all the hyperbole.

Very nice work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join