It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who think's death is a big sleep nothing more?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

Thank you. How odd, I used to name my mood as quixotic as well. Like minds.

2nd line as required.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
reply to post by BLKMJK

Thank you. How odd, I used to name my mood as quixotic as well. Like minds.

2nd line as required.

LOL! Really? That is funny

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I dont know, an probably never will.

However, when my father died, I walked into the room where his body was placed on a bed. This was not long after he died, but some hours. I instantly perceived mentally and emotionally a huge black vacuum in the room of some sorts. Compare it to a mix of a black hole and the aftermath of a nuclear blast if you want.

The "feeling" i got from it was that his spirit or soul had "left the building" and left this vacuum behind. I also thought to my self: "wow, according to this field void of energy his soul must have really taken off to a far, far away place unreachable by any man spirit or ghost". I don't know why that were my thoughts at that moment..They just were.. Maybe because of the distinct collapse of spirit energy I felt. I've seen dead people before, but it was never like that..

There's more to the story, but I think I'll leave it at that.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Pointofview

Sorry about your Father's passing. My Aunt told me of a similar experience when my uncle died of a heart attack coming back from Christmas shopping. She does not believe in the after life but did say she could feel him leaving and a strange void when he had passed.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

The dead are a sleep not conscientious of anything at all . Many people when they sleep wake up not remembering having any dreams at all (Deep Sleep). If you die while sleeping it maybe a peaceful transition as long as it 's not because of a heart attack while sleeping .

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
"Sleep" Those little slices of death,how i loathe them Sorry just thought id quote Edgar Allen Poe

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Non-existence is like space in music. It is part of life. It makes life possible. It makes life beatiful really.

Consider how life might be grotesque without it -- in several senses.

To grow old indefinitley -- like Endymion -- is just one example.

No death, no evolution. We would possibly still be mindless micro-organisms -- mere slime molds, perhaps.

As for life-after-death:

The after-life has become largely a myth used to control and manipulate our consciousness. Like that of a creator god. Through churches and new age cults, the after-life is used to manipulate the individual with false promises.

Death, once accepted, liberates. It frees us from the mind-forged manacles of what has become the psychopomp class.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by brianboru

This is as flakey as things I've heard from "churches and new age cults". You don't know anymore than they do. I hate when people state there opinion as fact. There's too much of that. Get over yourself, your gonna die like the rest of us.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

something and nothing?? what? what is this nothing?

and "they" have it all wrong. they have had it wrong for centuries. i am! thats all you can safely except. you know that you are.

to say "i think, therefore i am" is totally in error! you know you exist before you take thought.

for accuracy, "iam, then i am able to, or choose to, think."

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kazanoom

The very title of the thread is asking for people's opinions. All I did was state mine.

No, I don't have absolute proof that death is merely non-existence -- any more than anyone has proof that there is a life-after-death.

It seems you had a problem with my daring to even assert my opinion -- the minority opinion in my home country (the United States) a land wracked by various superstitions.

I have the distinct feeling you are one such countryman of mine.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
You can't die in your sleep and that is a fact. Have you ever woken up by a shiver or tremor in the middle of the night? Well thats the way the brain acts when your body goes into a deeper sleep than usual and it interprets it as death so it contracts every muscle in your body to wake you up.

So if you die this will happen but unfortunately .. you still die ... sad ...

As for the things you see when you die, thats the brain releasing all sorts of crazy s...ts to make you feel better and then you die ... but what happens after you die nobody knows what happens.

Just do a little research on the process of death and you will see how horrible and disgusting it truly is.

And you can't dream if your brain dies (this is true death not that your heart stops or things like that... the brain is the true power behind every human)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by brianboru

Not at all, believe what you want, this is America after all. Just don't speak for me or anyone else. You stated it with such certainty like it was written in stone. Come on. this the internet, not law school. The pretense was palpable and tasted like piss IMO.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I believe that we do continue on after physical death. What does happen to our energy? I think it is transformed into what some may refer to as spirit. And perhaps we are then even on a different frequency level. Or maybe another dimension.

There have been countless stories throughout human history of people telling about their near death experiences. Though I'm sure some were due to drugs. But not all. Some were literally declared dead, and/or brain dead when they experienced it. And now that medical science is able to bring more people back, there are many more such stories.

Also, why are humans 'programmed', genetically speaking, to think of such things? It has no benefit to the survival of the species.

edit on 30-5-2011 by LarryinPA because: Wanted to take out the last sentance.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
From my understanding and also of studying of the non-fiction book authors of the dead passing over etc, such as Robert H Monroe, Raymond Moody and Alison DuBois.
So then I have come to personally understand that when a living entity, "dies" or expires in physicality as such, then one is re-incarnated in to another progressive body in to another dimension to learn new lessons or re-learn again old ones not learnt in that previous life existence. With Dream matrix interactive parameters set so one can get the best understandings of their environment to enhance learning and living and ultimately know thyself untimately.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join