It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil prices slip 2% after bin Laden's death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Oil prices slipped early Monday, as investors breathed a sigh of relief following news that U.S. forces had killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden. Crude for June delivery fell $2.07, or nearly 2%, to $111.86 a barrel in early morning trading.

money.cnn.com...

can anyone explain to me why oil would drop because of the death of a terrorist who may or may not of attacked America 10 years ago??

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I wonder how much fuel would drop if the REAL terrorists were killed!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gmac10001

Great! Now lets see if the the price at the bowser drops! Hmmmmmmm

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by gmac10001

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Oil prices slipped early Monday, as investors breathed a sigh of relief following news that U.S. forces had killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden. Crude for June delivery fell $2.07, or nearly 2%, to $111.86 a barrel in early morning trading.

money.cnn.com...

can anyone explain to me why oil would drop because of the death of a terrorist who may or may not of attacked America 10 years ago??

Because the vast majority of the population believes Osama masterminded 9/11. Take away the mastermind, and you (psychologically) take away the threat of another attack. What if Hitler was killed when Germany attacked Poland? Do you think they would have made it to France or started the Holocaust? Taking out the perceived leader could mean things will be safer and more stable now.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if it dropped 20%....The government wants the sheeple to believe what they do is right and for a reason. If they can justify it by granting citizens more money by lowering prices of oil, they will tell you anything you want to believe!!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

not according to my other thread, they just woke up another enemy with motive, you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders can you see this situation for what it really is.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join