It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump DODGED the Draft (and lied about it)!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro
reply to post by no special characters

If it weren't for the "patriotic idiots" in my family and the families of countless others you wouldn't have the freedom to dissent on topics.

while you're busy polishing your rifle tell us how American boys & girls getting hurt and killed as well as hurting and killing others in wars since 1956 has anything to do with freedom to chat about topics online.

if it weren't for patriotic idiots we would not have one armed forces military American abroad facing danger at this minute. instead, young fools jump in line, go where they don't belong and are not welcome, and come home different people, sometimes physically damaged or disabled, sadly some even die.

there is nothing good about it. war is sick. innocent people, civilians, babies, infants, children, teenagers, women & men die. i can't write what i feel, that is not allowed on this site. use your imagination. i will pray for you to wake up and smell the coffee for i pity you deeply.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Once again, you show yourself to be more than a few fries short of the whole Happy Meal. The people who fought in Vietnam were drafted. They had no real legal recourse.

It's never the people who have to bleed who want wars; it's the cowards in the suits at home who make the decisions who want the wars.

EDIT: Back on topic, I don't doubt that Daddy Trump could get junior a deferment or some such dodge. Too bad: that hair alone would've scared the hell out of the 'Cong.
edit on 29-4-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Someone once said "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism".. rejecting a phony war based on GOP & DNC lies, by dodging it.. if thats what he did, is patriotic.

Avoiding GOP & DNC indentured servitude in favor of hanging around getting laid while managing millions of dollars... is a heckofa lot smarter than marching off as ordered to kill strangers for the billionaire DC mafioso IMO. If he runs against them both as an independent.. I'll gladly throw away my worthless vote on Trump considering his alleged draft dodging a huge plus..I can't in good conscious contribute to national suicide with alternating slashes to the country's already bleeding "left" & "right" wrists. .. GOP & DNC empty vessel clones are doing a great job of that already.

The nations so called "leaders" always say their wars are good, that killing strangers is "serving America".. thing is, I don't need to be led, I am my own leader.. I decide whats good, or true.. and I applaud Trump, or anyone, who thinks for themselves and rejects liars opinions, cliches and simplistic jingoistic slogans of fake zip code emotions.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

No sir, no paper gives me rights. If you believe your rights only exist on paper, then they probably do. If you think I only have freedom because somebody else went to war for me, you are sorely mistaken. Every man is responspible for their own lives, not some fool on a mission from some elitist in a palace.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I wish Obama supporters could look at their hero in the same guidelines as trump. Then we could get rid of him….
Americans(and yes I’m one) are the dumbest people ever to walk this planet.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PplVSNWO

No, what I'm saying is that without men and women fighting or willing to fight than all you have are pieces of paper... the most uncomfortable toilet paper on the planet in fact.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by no special characters

Presidents don't send people to war, people choose to go to war and use that as an excuse to feel cleaner once they have nightmares of them killing civilians.

Umm, no. The vietnam war was a draft.

no choice there, bub.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

I don't own a gun nor do I want to own one. I don't agree with all aspects of war or conflict either, but I don't want to see every single man or woman in the service labeled a "patriotic idiot" because they are doing what they feel is their duty in life. I'm not going to look at a painter and think "creative idiot" or the grocery store cashier as an "unambitious idiot".

Oh, and I'm not American but my country has fought side by side with the USA since World War I.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

he Democratic recipients of Trump’s donations make up what looks like a Republican enemies list, including former senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (N.Y.), Sen. John F. Kerry (Mass.), Rep. Charles B. Rangel (N.Y.), Sen. Charles E. Schumer (N.Y.) and the late liberal lion Edward M. Kennedy (Mass.).

The biggest recipient of all has been the Democratic Senate Campaign Committee of New York, which has taken in more than $125,000 from Trump and his companies. Overall, Trump has given nearly $600,000 to New York state campaigns, with more than two-thirds going to Democrats.

His representatives did not respond to requests for comment Tuesday.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
Someone once said "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism".. rejecting a phony war based on GOP & DNC lies, by dodging it.. if thats what he did, is patriotic.

Absolutely. So now all we need to do is simply ask Trump if that is what he was doing.

"I actually got lucky because I had a very high draft number. I'll never forget, that was an amazing period of time in my life," the reality TV star and billionaire real estate developer said in a TV interview on Tuesday.

"I was going to the Wharton School of Finance, and I was watching as they did the draft numbers and I got a very, very high number and those numbers never got up to," said The Donald, neglecting to utter the word "deferment."

Oh, nevermind.

Originally posted by Dendro
No, what I'm saying is that without men and women fighting or willing to fight than all you have are pieces of paper... the most uncomfortable toilet paper on the planet in fact.

Vietnam was right on the edge of completely destroying America and it's freedoms until we went in there for a few decades huh.
edit on 4/30/11 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I am not a fan of Trump but who really cares if he dodged the draft? At that time in history I would have done that same damn thing. Why fight in a war based on lies? It is no secret anymore that the Vietnam war was based on lies. Am I really expected to fight in a war that the people who sent me to fight purposely didn't allow their own children to fight in?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

The point isn't the dodge, but that he lied about it recently. Which is the point of the OP.

second

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

The point isn't the dodge, but that he lied about it recently. Which is the point of the OP.

second

Exactly. I really do not understand all the posters rushing in here to defend him for perhaps doing something noble or standing on principle. They just asked him abut it and he said he got lucky which was a lie. Nothing noble about that at all. People seem to want to make him into a hero even Trump cannot lie himself into being.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Just do a little research on who these posters actually are.

I'm no Dem, but it's quite obvious to me that anyone supporting a Trump run at the white house is either working for Trump specifically, or working for he DNC.

The Dems would LOVE to see someone like Trump go up against Obama.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
More proof Trump is in cahoots with Obama...to make all "conspiracy" nuts look like fools...

It's working...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
More proof Trump is in cahoots with Obama...to make all "conspiracy" nuts look like fools...

It's working...

The Trump supporters that have flooded the forum recently might be shocked to discover some think they are actually doing the work of Obama and the Dems.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Every single one of these corporate douchebags have dodged the dang draft.
That's no news to me.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

To some extend you could say you're right as the internet is developed as part of the US industrial complex. I'd like to believe that we would've had some type of other network if it wasn't developed by the US army by now.

It's just very hilarious to see that state owned property (YOU) gets to send off to some far away country to kill people for a reason that I doubt 80% of the Americans even know to this day. And people that actually see the stupidity of it or just want to chill and not kill people are enemies of the state. Hell the fact that you take pride in winning the lottery by landing your *ss in the US when you were born is truly insulting to the people of China or other parts.

Such freedom, when the bankers leave your country and the Mexicans seep in to loot what's left my doors will be open to take you in, till than think a little more about reality without these BS words like Patriots, freedom and liberty.

Words without meaning I guess.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

second

I couldn't have said it better myself and i'm the OP. Forget about the war for just a minute and lets discuss this bold faced LIE told to the American people by this swindler then look me in my eyes and tell me you'd love to have him as your President.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join