It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Landings= Real or Faked

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
So wts the verdict in the thread you quote. Was it verified if the landings were real or faked.

The thread dealt with a whole raft of JL claims and in the case of the moon having an atmosphere and gravity approx 60% of the earth, like all the other sensational claims, there was no evidence to support the idea whatsoever. All evidence indicates that the landings were real, the video was shot on the moon, the gravitation was around 1/6 of earth and there was no atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

Was the playback speed the same as recording speed.
For electronic videos can be doctored to suit any purpose.
Wonder if any1 has saved a copy of the original film maybe in
hollywood or a news broadcasting service.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The only video of the event I've seen lately is the utube one and it's exactly as I remembered the original that I saw on TV back in the 70s. I'm old enough to have seen the original and I actually took some time off work to watch the Apollo 11 landing in '69 (1 small step & all that) on a TV in a department store window. That was quite a thing of interest back then and it got a lot of airplay so there must be better quality versions of the original non-digital video in the wild and TV network or NASA archives would be the place to find one if you're persistent enough.

Video can be manipulated but not to the extent required to make a 4' fall in a vacuum on earth (about 0.5sec) look like the same fall on the moon (1.2sec) which is more than doubling the duration. Remember there was no digital processing back then and the clip has audio that syncs with the actions. If there was any manipulation, it was pretty much done the day of the original broadcast and much of the moon transmissions came through radio telescopes here in Australia so we had direct access to some of the original clips.
edit on 30/4/2011 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

Thanks. That pretty much sums it up really

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
considering that people are stupid.
no, nobody has ever been to the moon.

maybe a monkey has been sent. i don't buy it.

our space station looks like a bunch of pop-cans glued together with air-tanks taped to the side.

3/4 of the population can't even change a dang spark plug.

PBR = culture

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
People who deny the moon landings, deny the evidence of science.

And people who ignore things that are scientifically proven, obviously don't agree with logic.

Therefore, you should ignore them.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
Hi Folks.

There has been much debate if indeed the moon landings actually took place.
Personally I think they did take place.
Yesterday, out of the blue I had an idea to really verify scientifically.
I remember seeing a film shot on the moon, on one of the missions, dont know which one..
The film shows one of the astronaults testing galeleos theory of falling bodies, and he drops
a feather and a steel ball and sure enough, they reach the surface at the same instant.
Now if this film is played on a large screen and the precise frame spped of recording is known.
then 2 points can be chosen on the screen and the speed of fall of the objects calculated ie Dist/Time.
Or measure the accel between release and the surface of the moon.
Then compare this free fall velocity and see if it tallies with the gravitational accel on the moon.
If I.m not mistaken the free fall velocity on earth is 11 ft/sec.

Wonder if any1 has already done this with the film.
edit on 29-4-2011 by Angelic Resurrection because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 420CUMMINS

....considering that people are stupid.

YOU said it, not me.

Those who believe in the "hoax"??

Yeah.

Not the brightest bulbs in the chandelier............

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join