It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recap 4/27/2011 minus the B.C & Wedding

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
So it seems like a whole lot happened yesterday but people are just focused on the damn Birth Certificate and even worse the Royal Wedding...

I would like to start with some other things I saw happening.

I was on CNN when the Birth Certificate became breaking news. Literally, 5min before that happened, there was breaking news titled "Shakeup at Pentagon and C.I.A revealed."

Washington (CNN) -- In the most extensive reshaping of the Obama administration's national security team to date, the president will name Central Intelligence Agency Director Leon Panetta as his nominee to succeed Robert Gates as defense secretary, top U.S. officials said Wednesday. Gen. David Petraeus will be nominated to take over as CIA director, and Lt. Gen. John Allen will succeed Petraeus as head of the U.S-led international military force in Afghanistan, a senior administration official told reporters. In addition, longtime diplomat Ryan Crocker will be nominated as the next U.S. ambassador to Afghanistan, the official said. President Barack Obama will formally announce the changes on Thursday, according to the senior administration official. It is the biggest reshaping of Obama's national security team since he took office in January 2009 and reflects a longstanding plan by Gates to step aside this year. More changes also are coming. Both Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and FBI Director Robert Mueller are not eligible for renomination for terms that expire this year.

CNN

Now to the weather in the U.S. In the past 24hrs, about 200 people just hours away from me lost their lives. That saddens me. I also heard there were something like 150 tornados in a number of hours? Some of these towns were COMPLETELY OBLITERATED. It looks like someone dropped a bomb on them, it's terrible.

In this video, uploaded about 2hrs ago, you can hear the massive roar, the sound itself is terrifying! Also, these guys are stormchasers, so in this video they were able to see 4 different tornados forming.

We also had thousands of dead fish turn up in Lakeside NY, next to where they have public campgrounds and beaches where they were preparing for the season...

MORIAH, N.Y. (AP) - Crews are cleaning up the thousands of dead fish that have washed up along Lake Champlain's New York shoreline, including a stretch where public campgrounds and beaches are being prepared for opening this spring. Lakeside residents in Vermont began reporting thousands of dead alewives showing up along the shore earlier this month. Vermont fisheries biologists say alewives, a species not native to the lake, are sensitive to frigid temperatures and likely died off during the winter. Officials in the Essex County town of Moriah (mor-EYE'-uh) tell the Press-Republican of Plattsburgh that the stench from fish rotting on the shore would have affected the opening of local campgrounds. Inmate work crews from a nearby shock incarceration camp are dumping the fish in large trash containers that are then hauled away to a landfill.

Link

These are the things that really stuck out to me yesterday, I feel these topics are way more important than 50 threads on obamas birth certificate and another 100 on the Royal Wedding. Please, I ask for this to be an open discussion, but without the B.C and wedding gossip, I dont want to derail this thread.

Be safe guys, these are trying times......
edit on 28-4-2011 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

Im adding these pictures i just found of some of the damage in Alabama, Just heartbreaking....

These pictures came from Codeword.org

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
A very good post S&F for you my friend ...

Yeah, the Royal Wedding and Obama's BC are such a crappy cause for Breaking News ...

There's so much more happening in the World that we need to know about!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I agree with you, read something yesterday stating that 559 tornadoes were counted just for the month of April. The last record for April was 274 tornadoes in 1974. That was before I read about yesterdays massive system....

Then there was also the Federal Reserve speech presented by Bernanke, the key in that one was they are promising more openness with the Federal Reserve which NEVER happened before. Of course we are looking at professional, political crooks here.....

Trying times indeed!

S&F for bringing out the important issues!
edit on 28-4-2011 by Drythmoore because: More info good!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

A very good post S&F for you my friend ... Yeah, the Royal Wedding and Obama's BC are such a crappy cause for Breaking News ... There's so much more happening in the World that we need to know about!

Thank you!

Honestly, I was fed up last night thinking about these people in all these states losing their homes and lives, wondering why these fish showed up dead AGAIN, and then coming to ATS thinking the more important issues would be raised and I can maybe feel like other people were just as upset.....complete opposite!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Drythmoore

I agree with you, read something yesterday stating that 559 tornadoes were counted just for the month of April. The last record for April was 274 tornadoes in 1974. Then there was also the Federal Reserve speech presented by Bernanke, the key in that one was they are promising more openness with the Federal Reserve which NEVER happened before. Trying times indeed!

I just heard on the news about an hr ago....(mind you today is the 28th), I thought I heard wrong but they said before the month of April is up we should see about 300 more tornados
You see why I thought I heard wrong?!?!

I heard Bernanke say they were still looking for more ways to be more transparent and open with the public, I think that was just fed lingo....I think he really meant to say "looking for more ways to screw and rob you, just openly"

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

Exactly, even now people are just posting stuff about The Wedding and The Birth Certificate!

Since yesterday afternoon, ATS has been a borough for worthless news and links in regards to the above!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Yeah, I know what you mean regarding the Fed. What gets me is that they are starting to actually say something. That is what they never did before. Look back into the 90's and earlier, they were completely secret about everything. I also wonder if this has anything to do with the 100 year lease, it is set to expire in 2012.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
HOW MANY? That is completely nuts. So sad.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

Exactly, even now people are just posting stuff about The Wedding and The Birth Certificate! Since yesterday afternoon, ATS has been a borough for worthless news and links in regards to the above!

It's pretty sad actually, Why cant there be one or two threads on it, save some cyperspace, and keep the debates there. We claim that we are "awake" and "aware", how aware are you when your focused on a wedding from a family that is more selfish and self centered than anything else.

We have some serious things going on, yea yea to the people that say :this is nothing new, things always happens", yea it always happens but it seems like everything is magnified if that makes sense. Things are getting worse and it's bad enough that we have mainstream to feed us the gossip and crap, but what once was haven (in a way) for real news, its starting to look like mainstream, im referring to here, ats.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Drythmoore

Yeah, I know what you mean regarding the Fed. What gets me is that they are starting to actually say something. That is what they never did before. Look back into the 90's and earlier, they were completely secret about everything. I also wonder if this has anything to do with the 100 year lease, it is set to expire in 2012.

I know, your absolutely correct. It makes you think what else they have planned. As you said, the lease is set to expire, but didnt they also just celebrate the 100 years also?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Thank you so much for posting this! S&F. I had read about the stories, but those videos really bring it home. That tornado footage is scary! I feel for the people who lost loved ones.

The only way to make the content here GOOD, is to post GOOD content and ignore the shabby crap that has become so popular these days.

What we feed grows, what we starve dies.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thank you so much for posting this! S&F. I had read about the stories, but those videos really bring it home. That tornado footage is scary! I feel for the people who lost loved ones. The only way to make the content here GOOD, is to post GOOD content and ignore the shabby crap that has become so popular these days. What we feed grows, what we starve dies.

Well....Thank you to you also. It's nice to know that there are people that feel the same as I do and care about whats going on outside the b.c and wedding world.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Wonder what's in store for Florida

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by heavenlysouldier

Seems like florida is ok for now....

Weather Satellite

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

props to reason!

these storms are nuts and quite sad. I hope everyone reading this is sending their vibes (and maybe some cash) down south!

the fish thing is alarming, for sure, but what jumped out at me was the fact that "inmate work crews" (newspeak for slave labor) were cleaning it up. don't we have agencies and task forces and volunteer networks for that kind of thing? why is it okay to get free labor out of someone just because they broke a law or two? and making them clean up dead fish? pukefest. it sickens me when people hide behind labels to make bad things seem all right. being a criminal has nothing to do with doing hard labor.

it's so nice to see that there are true ATSers on this site still. When I joined a year ago, there was this strong old-school presence, dudes like Slayer69 and the like, which helped keep us on topic and away from the MSM troll bait. but just in this past year, it seems like this site has degenerated into Red Vs. Blue, Left Vs. Right bull crap. either that, or sheep jumping onto the newest "Truth" movement.

stay focused! we are at war with our elite rulers right now, whether you know it or not! it's only a matter of time before the People's Resistance goes global and this war goes hot. better make sure you know which side you are actually on, there's so much disinformation and misinformation out there these days.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

the fish thing is alarming, for sure, but what jumped out at me was the fact that "inmate work crews" (newspeak for slave labor) were cleaning it up. don't we have agencies and task forces and volunteer networks for that kind of thing? why is it okay to get free labor out of someone just because they broke a law or two? and making them clean up dead fish? pukefest. it sickens me when people hide behind labels to make bad things seem all right. being a criminal has nothing to do with doing hard labor.

You know, I was so caught up on the dead fish, I forgot about the inmates....
IMO I think that was probably done because the agencies or officials didnt want to deal with the stench so they forced it upon the inmates.

it's so nice to see that there are true ATSers on this site still. When I joined a year ago, there was this strong old-school presence, dudes like Slayer69 and the like, which helped keep us on topic and away from the MSM troll bait. but just in this past year, it seems like this site has degenerated into Red Vs. Blue, Left Vs. Right bull crap. either that, or sheep jumping onto the newest "Truth" movement. stay focused! we are at war with our elite rulers right now, whether you know it or not! it's only a matter of time before the People's Resistance goes global and this war goes hot. better make sure you know which side you are actually on, there's so much disinformation and misinformation out there these days.

Great comment

I agree, I was reading ats about 2 years before actually joining, and I joined because of the great people that I knew were here for a very long time, alot of knowledge, good people, I wanted to learn more from them. It's becoming clear that the very smart and openminded people of ats is becoming a dying breed......

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
So tired of the other threads you mentioned. It seems like they will never end!

There are so many more important issues in our country and our world.
I truly believe we are being distracted from the important issues. So many good
minds, and wasting it on silly threads.
to you for starting this thread OP!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by retiredTxn

Thank you, thank you, thank you! So tired of the other threads you mentioned. It seems like they will never end! There are so many more important issues in our country and our world. I truly believe we are being distracted from the important issues. So many good minds, and wasting it on silly threads. to you for starting this thread OP!

And thank you! Yes, I think there are so many distractions going on all at the same time, we should be more alert and aware now than ever before!!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If you hadn't said it in this thread, I would have lol I was at the breaking point with it all. Just a ridiculous amount of distractions the past 2 days, and it's going to get worse...

Experience shows that when there's THIS much going on to distract the masses, that's when you need to be especially vigilant to what the players are doing.

As to the weather thing :

We're in NE Indiana, and by this time of year, we are sitting with air conditioners in our house and hoping we don't swelter to death (we're in a trailer... i.e. man-made microwave house lol)

Yet tonight, we're going to have a low of below freezing and MAYBE 50 degrees tomorrow, if we're lucky.

I'm starting to wonder if the shift in the earth the Japanese Earthquake brought about isn't quite so minor and these horrible weather patterns happening are due to the earth settling into a new balance. After all, that's what storms are for on the face of it.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread! Those tornado videos are unreal. I've seen 3 tornadoes (all from the same storm), but they were nowhere near the size of these monsters and they didn't stay on the ground near as long.

I've always been one to poo-poo those saying the weather is getting crazy and mother nature is getting her revenge and such...but I'm beginning to wonder. This month is unlike any I've seen and even looking at annual death tolls from tornadoes since 1875 (link)...we blow the majority of these numbers away, and it's only April.

Heed the emergency sirens!

<<   2  3 >>

join