It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Authority State of Florida?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Watching TV and a ticker flashed across the top twice. It said roughly:

Civil Authority to affect the following areas: All of Florida / 12:59pm to 2:59pm

What does this mean? They're going to have a three hour long test of the emergency broadcast system???

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Civil authority? Idk.. That would trip me out, lol

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

Here's what I found so far...

Civil authority (also known as civil government) is that apparatus of the state other than its military units that enforces law and order. It is also used to distinguish between religious authority (for example Canon law) and secular authority. In a religious context it may be defined "as synonymous with human government, in contradistinction to a government by God, or the divine government."

Wiki

And there's this story: This story

Was there any catastrophic weather in your area? Maybe the Terror alert is "Imminent?" This could also have something to do with the presidents visit in preparation for the shuttle launch.

Keep us informed as to what you see happening at that time. Good luck!
edit on 4/27/2011 by forall2see because: added content.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Most often a civil authority warning is issued when there is a threat of some natural event, tornado, earthquake, flood, ect... also note worthy is the weekly test that is usually run by your local law enforcment agency, fire department, or like civil service agencies. Nothing to worry about if it is just a warning, but given your area and the increase storm developments, I would be on alert for those natural dangers.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

FEMA tests. They're practising "the coming to take you away".

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm in Florida, east coast. I have the SyFy channel on and nothing popped up.

Where are you in Florida?

They do tests of the emergency broadcast system but I did notice it had a different name last week. It could be this and just a test maybe?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by forall2see

Florida was not touched by the string of storms and other than a fizzled out premature tropical depression, the weather has been less than expected (they've called for rain everyday since Sunday...got some sprinkles down here Monday night, that was it).

I did not know there was a launch today. I keep feeling like they say "This is the last shuttle launch" and then there is another one just a month or two later, not sure what that is all about, but I don't follow that closely.

I hope there is nothing freaky being expected. Will find out in 20 minutes when our networks tell us whatever it is they are planning.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I'm in Ft. Laud, but this was channel 7, which I normally don't watch. It was brief and only repeated twice. There was no visual or audio interruption to Family Feud (I'm at work, don't judge me!)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'm in Florida, in Tallahassee, and I work for the government, and I haven't seen or heard anything. Usually we would get a group email, or some advance notice. I will go and look at the agencies sites and see if I can find anything.

Perhaps it was just a message ran across in error?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

Hmmm, maybe that explains that the Navy kid was doing a "ride-along" with one of our local sheriff customers who popped in for lunch a few hours ago...I was driving home from the airport with my mom last night and there was Navy (or Air force, I don't know the difference between the uniforms) servicemen all over A1A at the beach; standing in groups, walking between bars. I guess a ship is in town, but we are a major port.

You know, just to make it clear. I'm not making anything up and I'm not trying to be gloom and doom or more conspiratorial than ATS called for.

Oh, and news flash. Gabriel Giffords from my old home, Tucson, has just landed.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Could be, when I get off of work, I will look more into it. However, at the moment, I've got the same channel on and I will see what they say.

I'm sure it's just a test, whatever it is. I don't know why an unplanned event would be forewarned...unless those doing the forewarning are not those who did the event-planning.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There have been no press releases from my department except for the risk of salmonella when handling hatchling ducks and chickens over Easter.

I searched our online databases, and I found some reference to Civil Authority in the Continuity Of Operations Plan (COOP). It is standard stuff that has been there for years, but we did have a COOP drill a week or two ago, so maybe that message was part of another exercise?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

The launch is not today. I was just thinking that they we're somehow prepping for Mr. "Birth Certificate after two and a half years and a lot of moneys arrival"

edit on 4/27/2011 by forall2see because: (no reason given)

top topics

join