It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet Another Out Of Control Cop

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Video: Atlanta cop, woman in fight at IHOP

An off-duty Atlanta police officer got into a scuffle with a woman and punched her in the face, and the early morning incident at an IHOP was captured on video, the Atlanta Police Department confirmed.

It was not clear what started the struggle around 4 a.m. Sunday, but the incident started as a conflict between the officer, working a second job at the Buckhead restaurant, and another woman with the one who was hit.

According to several videos posted on YouTube.com, the officer, whose name was not known, shouted at a woman sitting in the corner of a booth near the door and then he lunged at her. A woman wearing a black dress appeared to be trying to separate the officer and her friend when the officer slapped her. The woman in the black dress hit him back and he responded with a punch to her face

www.ajc.com...

OK, so the woman who was punched apparently put her hand on the cop's shoulder. He took this as a threat and drilled this lady in the face.

Shouldn't these police officers respond with a level of force that is comparable to the threat? If someone pulls a weapon, you draw yours. But if someone puts their hand on your shoulder does it really require a male officer to punch a woman in the face?

I know for a fact that cops are trained in ways to subdue someone without having to cause physical harm. Just another coward hiding behind a badge and gun, IMO.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever

OK, so the woman who was punched apparently put her hand on the cop's shoulder. He took this as a threat and drilled this lady in the face.

The police are god-kings, she should have known better to lay her hands on a god.

*Seriously, leave the US if you can. For your children.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
After watching the video, my stomach turned.......just disgusting......no offense to any ATS members who are police officers, but really?? What are you being taught in police academy?? It just seems like every where I turn officers are blindly following a system of corruption that is evolving into a policed state.....

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

The police are god-kings, she should have known better to lay her hands on a god.

*Seriously, leave the US if you can. For your children.

Exactly! So does this mean that if someone puts their hand on my shoulder I am allowed to go all Chuck Norris on them? This current trend of police brutality is really disturbing. Or maybe it's always been this way and now everyone has a cell phone with a camera to record these incidents. Either way, something needs to happen.

Not to mention, I've had IHOP's pancakes. They aren't worth getting your a$$ kicked over.
edit on 27-4-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Looks like policies & procedures as usual...

punch at 0:29

maced cop returns for punches at 1:42

punches around 0:19 ("I did it to stun her")

fun begins at 0:38...

slammed against wall face first 0:28...

I could makes pages of these clips, so why isn't this behavior being corrected? Because THEY don't consider it broken or wrong, or it would change overnight. Wake Up Sheeple!
edit on 27-4-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Looks like when it the vid starts rolling her friend (the other woman) is crouched down in a corner of the booth and the cop has her by either her hair or collar (I can't tell) and is trying to drag her out.

The other lady puts a hand on his shoulder / collar area and he decks her. She takes a few swings at him and he decks her hard and everything breaks loose from there.

One question I'd have is what did the other lady do? Apparently that is what started this whole thing. Is she just guilty of POP? (****ing off police) or something more? Despite the cop originally being all over her we don't see her getting arrested in this.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Disgusting! All of those videos turned my stomach. They probably beat their wives also. What is wrong with cops? Something happens to the wiring in their brain. I have several friends who are cops. The majority turned into instant a__holes as soon as they got that badge.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

They have a gang mentality to do as they wish because the badge protects their actions. --NO feelings caught-- Im speaking of the evol of the forces. They behave so ignorantly and dont seem to set good public examples. In no way should he have hit her, but you know he feel his badge make him GOD
not a good look from above...

Be well

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

reply to post by JibbyJedi

Disgusting! All of those videos turned my stomach. They probably beat their wives also. What is wrong with cops? Something happens to the wiring in their brain. I have several friends who are cops. The majority turned into instant a__holes as soon as they got that badge.
I think it's part of the interview process. "are you totally and completly lacking in any human emotions, other than anger?" and "do you hate people, and wish to rule over them like some lorded up bitch"

I hate the police, and these videos are just a small example of why.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The video:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It's rare when you see someone "break through the police uniform's shields". When 10 guys in uniform can't be touched by 10,000 angry people, what else do you call that? A hypnotic program trance.

If a police officer is having a bad night and has a few whiskeys while still in uniform, we aren't allowed to defend ourselves against his irrational assaults? It's just a hypothetical scenario, but no one has ever clarified to me where the line is when it comes to corrupt police actions vs civilian legal response to that.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

Thank you for embedding the video. Much appreciated.

edit on 27-4-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
People need to research the "Force Continuum" that guides the police on how much force is allowed to give.. A cop can give equal or one-step above the amount of force in return. For example, if you punch a cop in the face, you BETTER expect that cop to punch you in return, PERIOD! In that IHOP, there was too many people around to spray OC, or to deploy the tazer, or to even take out the stick. So, that cop only had a few options which he chose to strike back, and he was completely right to do so.

Plus, Ive been noticing that women are fighting grown men more often these days, and men are hitting back. Nature selection, maybe? lol

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

Woooo! He thru a full fist super lame for themz guys.
Better mental checks indeed. Thank GOD there is only 1 judge. They dont represent the community they reppin they squadz....... SMH straight face punch why his partner grabbed her other arm

edit on 4/27/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeySEEmonkeyDO
People need to research the "Force Continuum" that guides the police on how much force is allowed to give.. A cop can give equal or one-step above the amount of force in return. For example, if you punch a cop in the face, you BETTER expect that cop to punch you in return, PERIOD! In that IHOP, there was too many people around to spray OC, or to deploy the tazer, or to even take out the stick. So, that cop only had a few options which he chose to strike back, and he was completely right to do so.

Plus, Ive been noticing that women are fighting grown men more often these days, and men are hitting back. Nature selection, maybe? lol

Bull$h!t. He had every intention of hitting her because someone bruised his cop ego. You keep drinking the kool-aid. Maybe when you and the rest of the sheeple stop grazing long enough to lift your heads and take a look around you, maybe then you will see that the system is corrupt.

I'm sure he thought, "Nope too many people to pull out the taser, can't pepper spray her, that would ruin the breakfast bar that these fine IHOP employess have worked so hard to prepare. Guess I have to punch her and protect these fine citizens."

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Naw women got that pass, as a man you gotta step away with the marks and keep it moving. Again just because their protocal allows force their soul should guide them and it doesnt they follow whats on paper not internally. He could of even called a lady cop to assist but he shows his strengths lol. There is no excuse.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I am more interested in what started it all. I am guessing there was no cause for a police officer (an off-duty one at that) to get involved at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Bull$h!t. He had every intention of hitting her because someone bruised his cop ego. You keep drinking the kool-aid. Maybe when you and the rest of the sheeple stop grazing long enough to lift your heads and take a look around you, maybe then you will see that the system is corrupt.

I'm sure he thought, "Nope too many people to pull out the taser, can't pepper spray her, that would ruin the breakfast bar that these fine IHOP employess have worked so hard to prepare. Guess I have to punch her and protect these fine citizens."

Listen.... Im sorry if you refuse to research the Force Continuum, but the facts are out there. Im sure if she never punched him, he would of never punched her in return. She was obviously interfering with him arresting another person at that table, and dserved to be arrested just on that crime alone. If he used his OC spray, then it would of affected him and everyone around them. The tazer is very inaccurate could of possibly struck someone else or even bounced off the table hitting others.

It's very easy to play monday morning quarkerback, but I'm sure if you were in that situation, you would either done the same thing or tucked your tail inbetween your legs and retreated. If you hit a cop, then expect to hit back.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Naw women got that pass, as a man you gotta step away with the marks and keep it moving. Again just because their protocal allows force their soul should guide them and it doesnt they follow whats on paper not internally. He could of even called a lady cop to assist but he shows his strengths lol. There is no excuse.

I'm not making an excuse for it.. I was just pointing it out.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join