It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Days to go untill Britains biggest ever media event!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

it's unfair of you to assume that someone who objects to the obscene amounts of media coverage for this wedding thinks that the royal family is lizards. i don't subscribe to any of the more incredible theories floated around this site, but i am also strongly opposed to the sensationalization of this marriage, so where does that leave me? if you brits want to pretend like this event is going to change the world, that's fine, but there are MUCH more important things to worry about here in america besides who will be the future queen of our former colonial masters. there is literally not one single way in which this wedding will (directly) impact America, so why should we care?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

hey, i don't think anyone is trying to take away from britain or its legacy. half of the modern world would't be what it is without the british empire. we non-brits just have no idea what all the fuss is about. like i said, if you brits want to get all crazy over the wedding, fine. but don't expect the rest of the world to think that a mundane occurrence is anything but.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

as soon as the royals spend more than they make on charity, then you can talk. till then, they're just like the rest of the "world leaders." they only give as much as they have to to look charitable.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Hi OP and People,

I just wish both to live a happy and fulfilling life as Husband and Wife. You know, I had the honor to once have a relationship with an English woman. In my fifty+ years now, I have never had such a warm-hearted and caring Lady. Charles might just aleert his intention to step-aside and let William pour into the future King's chair...

Decoy

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I don't have anything against the OP or anyone else who wants to watch this Wedding. As i've said in a couple of my posts on here....Each to their own and if it makes you happy, good for you. We all have our little pleasures in life and if you like or want to do something you should not let someone with a differing opinion sway that.

But also, the people who have differing opinions shoudn't be generalised in the way the OP has done. Apparently because certain people on here will not be enjoying the Wedding like the OP, they are all Doom and Gloomers who need to get off the internet and enjoy life more (i.e. watch the over hyped Wedding).
Now, i would have stayed away from this thread if it wasn't for those statements. I felt the need to come in and defend my corner. I may not have done that in the best and clearest way possible, because i was a little annoyed to be honest, this whole wedding saga is driving me up the wall.

You see. I don't buy newspapers anymore, i very rarely switch on my television unless i'm going to watch a DVD. So for the most part, i have managed to avoid this media circus. But, i can't avoid the people who have been pulled into this orchestrated frenzy of faux excitement and happiness.

Everywhere i go, my Friends, Family, Colleagues, Neighbours, People in shops, are all talking about this event as if it's the saving grace of our Country. They are talking like they personally know these people and that it will be the happiest, most exciting thing to happen in recent times.

Discussions have started up with Friends and Family, to which i would say, i'm really not interested in this Wedding because of so and so, and i get looked at like i've morphed into an Alien before their eyes. They instantly go on the defensive, protecting their tiny piece of faux happiness, and a bunch of Strangers they don't even bloody know. The weirdest thing about it, is that my Family and Friends are not even Royalists.
It's as if most of my little Town near London has been brainwashed, and i'm not exaggerating one bit (I wish i was though). It's been quite startling watching people get pulled into this media frenzy and act like this is the only thing on the face of the planet that will bring them happiness.

This Wedding is not the most exciting thing to happen in our recent times, neither is it the most happiest, neither is it going to be the saving grace of our Country. These are all lines that are being fed to you by the media, and many people are lapping it up like it's true, it's not, not one bit. It's just a Wedding, a very overhyped one at that. Between people you don't even know, and who don't even know you. A great big bling plated distraction for us mere peasents... That's all we really are to these people.
If you want to watch it, fair enough, but it's not going to magically make you any happier then you were previously.

Ask yourselves, are you going to be watching this Wedding for your own personal enjoyment and reasons? Or are you going to be watching it because you have been pulled into the media frenzy and are blindly following the herd?

edit on 27-4-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join