It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Launches Presidential Campaign

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
For Ron Paul to be elected with media bias against him(he got how much tv time and debates last time around?) will require a huge grass roots movement, but even then it will be hard.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Maybe he should have changed the name of his party to constitutionalist. Or purist. I think people are too stuck in the name of his party. But I love that man. If I were single I would follow him across the country. He stands for everything I thought this country was about when I was in 5th grade learning about our country's history.

I think that this time around he may have a fighting chance. That is if they fix the issue with voting system.

Remember, only vote on paper when faced with a choice.

I still don't understand why they can't make it the popular vote of the people all the way. And vote over the internet and TV. The technology is there. It's not like they don't already know where we are at all times.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

I'm sorry but Trump was right. Ron Paul cannot win.
He doesn't have the "right stuff".

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikemp44

Everything I am reading says he announced last night and again this morning that he is employing an exploratory committee as a precursor to his 2012 bid. He said it on Hannity, and he said it again on The View this morning.

It looks like he is going to run.

One of many links

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tnhiker

He needs Jesse, and Trump, and Palin (whom I do not like). If he can get all the Constitutionalists, Libertarians, and Tea Party press hounds behind him, he has a great shot at winning.

As a matter of fact, he would be smart to announce right now, name a running partner right now, put his platform out there right now, and he might win in a landslide even before 2012 comes around! It is possible he could put the whole thing to bed and make the election just a formality!

The temperment of the country is supportive of his platform right now. He needs some talking heads on his side, and Trump, Palin, and Jesse are perfect for that!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
You mean an election where I can actually vote for a candidate that I like???

That lesser of two evils bull crap was starting to get old...

edit on 26-4-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
RP is all that America has left. It already seems like politics is turning into more of a joke with D. Trump running. Politicians are nothing short of children pointing their finger blaming the other party. There are only a few good politicians left. I gave up on America a long time ago.

I hope in my lifetime at least, we can see something that will abolish the party system for good. United we stand, divided we fall..

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think he has a huge shot this time. He broke all kinds of fundraising records in 2007 and people barley knew who he was. The media has given him tons more attention since then. Its seems like he's been on the MSM almost every day talking about something.

Even my democrat liberal friends on facebook like ron paul. I think he has a huge chance.

Of course I don't agree with him on everything. (nuke power) but whatever.

He does seem a bit old and I kinda feel sorry for him cause it seems like alot of work and pressure to be Ron Paul right now. Seems like he likes it though.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I love it. Ron Paul! posted to my facebook page.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

well you asked so here they are news.search.yahoo.com... has the top 9 stories of the run er possibility of running.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The fact that MSNBC, CNN, and FOX all dismiss him like he's the plague is enough reason for all of us to give him more credit and pay attention. They are scared of him because he threatens them. If an independent gets in (and he is, no matter what label is put on him), it will completely destroy the money-making machine these networks rely on to pay their mortgages.

They need the left and right to fight, otherwise they would have to actually report the news and that scares the crap out of them.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

It will be interesting watching this campaign move forward. I wonder how much momentum it will gather? I also like what he says but my understanding of our political machine, it will never let him win (The Powers at be). Popular vote will not work as we have seen in 2004.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Why the hell would you want Ron Paul as President?

I thought you liked the guy.

Lets have a half second of realism...the issues with the united states are bigger than any one president, and whomever enters into the office immediately becomes the evil NWO symbol of hate and mudslinging by the chimps (us).

The guy that is unelectable and will never see office...well, obviously that guy is the one that everyone loves and the world would be solved if only he got in office. Its a symbol...its a cult.

So, you lot better hope he never gets in office..else you might have to deal with the realization that its not just the system thats corrupt, its our own similistic viewpoint of how the "other guy" was the right answer that in error also...

Naa, keep him out of office...people need symbols they can hope for.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I used to have lots of respect for Ron Paul, but now I'm not so sure.

He was a guest on the colbert report last night. He rambled on about the fed the whole time, and said a bunch of things that had the audience dead silent.

Thats no way to approach an election. Its a big joke, if you ask me (not that your asking me)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

I watched that interview. I thought he did ok. Its quite impossible to get your point across in 5 minutes especially being interviewed by Colbert who is looking to interject at any second to make a joke. Its not his fault the audience is mostly clueless about the Fed.

edit on 26-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the best chance for some form of a semi-decent future for America. I wish him the best of luck, and hope America can see through the smoke and mirrors. Ron Paul ftw!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger

He was a guest on the colbert report last night. He rambled on about the fed the whole time, and said a bunch of things that had the audience dead silent.

Thats no way to approach an election. Its a big joke, if you ask me (not that your asking me)

Like...totally! When I heard that Ron Paul, a Congressman who will probably be running for President, was going on the show, I was expecting him to make lots of funny jokes and maybe even dance around like a monkey. But WTF?? All he did was ramble on about important and serious issues regarding politics, the economy, etc, and just said a bunch of scary facts that failed to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

So boy was I disappointed... he like TOTALLY lost all my respect!

edit on 26/4/11 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

Lol!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger

He was funny I thought

He is a libertarian, the audience of colbert is liberal, of course the audience wouldn't appreciate some of the things he was talking about (and all for some things also, such as the end of all wars).

As he said, he has an important announcement he will be making in the next year or four

RP knows he is unelectable...his only real motivation towards these things are to simply hope a bit of sway goes into the mainstream candidates and his points are discussed somewhat by both sides (a libertarian offers a bit for both libs and cons)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
He doesn't have much character. Americans love a President with character.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join