It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Soon To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facility?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This is disgusting. I really wish I did not have to live in a world with such religious bigots. I cant believe we are willing to accept a world were people are looking forward to and actively trying to bring about the apocalypse To make matters worse we even have ATS members sitting on the side lines cheering them on like vultures.
We are acting like Iran having nuclear cababilty means the end of the world. This isnt the taliban we are talking about here. Iran may be a theocracy but they are still a legitamite nation. With concerns about their future as a nation.Does any one honestly think that they will jeapordize their existence by attacking isreal with a nuke. MAD still applies in this situation. Even if they were to secretly slip some plutonium to terrorists it would still come back to get them. Nuclear material is traceable.
An israeli attack that is not met with condemnation and retribution will only inflame the situation more then we can possibly imagine.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
When talking about Iran and the threat they pose to both Israel and the world I would like to have you read the following thred... when you do you may see with your own eyes just how dangerous it would be for us if Iran does get nuclear weapons.. Just read.. and read through the thread.. I dare you..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

An islamic nation like Iran having nukes is the last thing any of you should ever want to see happen.. But what the hell do I know?

Gazz

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The thread seemed to deal more with terror groups and their goal of a islam ruled world then the threat posed by a nuclear iran. Iran is not al quaeda, Iran is a nation not a terrorist group. Its like comparing the baathist rebels in iraq with Syria. Similar beliefs different goals.
Compare what would happen if Al quaeda set off an nuke in new york and if Iran set off a nuke in new york .
Al quaeda sets off a nuke they merely keep on being hunted.
Iran sets off a nuke they get wiped off the face of the earth in a nuclear counter barrage.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The differnece between the people of iran and the rest of the muslim world is that they actually live under a islamic theocracy. They realize how much it sucks. With every passing generation Iran is getting more and more sick of theocracy. Recently there were huge riots between reformists and hardliners in iran that lasted for a good ten days. If left alone its only a matter of time before iran comes around to a less venomouos world viewpoint. Israel destroying a nuclear powerplant will only strengthen the hardliners and give them an excuse to rollback any of the gains made by reformist iranian officials.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
iran is definitely next on US' list. i have to wonder if atacking them would be a way to make sure iran keeps trading oil on the god ole US dollar. also didn't we just move the 2nd infantry to iraq, so if iran wanted to get to isreal they would have to go through us basically. very convenient.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Iran is a very large country, with dozens of nuclear laboraties, facilties. So it would require considerables flights for IAF to destroy all of them, with a very improbable success.
Plus, Israel lack Humint from the iranian nuclear program to know is worth bombing. I would be suprised to see an atatck anytime soon, unless the IAEA succeed in gathering enought intelligence (who will surely be leaked to IAF from you-know-who).

US Navy could more easily bomb the all iran facilities, but it would means war and iranians have the possibility to cut US supplies lines by taking control of the shia region (they already massed severall divisions at their borders, just in case).

Iran would be dangerous with nuclear weapons ? no more than just another member of the "Nuke Club". Of course, the risk of a nuclear war slightly raise.

www.fas.org...

www.pinr.com...

[edit on 10-8-2004 by Gamelin]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gamelin
Iran is a very large country, with dozens of nuclear laboraties, facilties. So it would require considerables flights for IAF to destroy all of them, with a very improbable success.
Plus, Israel lack Humint from the iranian nuclear program to know is worth bombing. I would be suprised to see an atatck anytime soon, unless the IAEA succeed in gathering enought intelligence (who will surely be leaked to IAF from you-know-who).

US Navy could more easily bomb the all iran facilities, but it would means war and iranians have the possibility to cut US supplies lines by taking control of the shia region (they already massed severall divisions at their borders, just in case).

Iran would be dangerous with nuclear weapons ? no more than just another member of the "Nuke Club". Of course, the risk of a nuclear war slightly raise.

www.fas.org...

www.pinr.com...

wow. impressive...
Have you ever heard of what happened during the early hours of the Six-Day War? obviously you haven't. Israel could, with ease, destroy all nuclear facilities in Iran within 3 hrs, the most!!!

Iran is governed by Islamic Extremists who guarantee Israel's destruction. I dont think its a good idea for Iran to have nukes...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJAghetto
wow. impressive...
Have you ever heard of what happened during the early hours of the Six-Day War? obviously you haven't. Israel could, with ease, destroy all nuclear facilities in Iran within 3 hrs, the most!!!

Iran is governed by Islamic Extremists who guarantee Israel's destruction. I dont think its a good idea for Iran to have nukes...

If Israel was able to do so, they would act rather than talking. But for now, it's more saber rattling for israely nationalism since the IAF have not the capability to do it :
Bombing Iran would be a very complex operation, with a lot of targets at long range, farther than Sinai or Syria. And very few planes since only the 25 F-15I have the required range. The F-16I will have it too, but they are still delivered and the first squadron is not ready yet (probably not before end of year).

Let's notice than Bushwer is working already, so bombing it would mean a second Tchernobyl. So as far as I see, Israel is governed by jews fanatics who garantee Iran's destruction too.

Your problem with an persian nuke is more a possible deterence of Israel invasion of an arab State than a unprobable iranian premptive strike... since Iran can be detered too.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
IRAN could use the 3M82 MOSKIT - SS-N-22 SUNBURN missiles against US navel forces they were sold to by russia

Iran very likely has Sunburn missiles and when they say they will strike hard if Israel launches an attack on their nuclear works I believe them. When people hear this they think "what the hell does Iran have?"

If the USA puts carriers within Sunburn range during open hostilities (and assuming they have not developed a countermeasure) they will be blown out of the water. You will have your war. They can destroy a carrier without nuclear warheads so a nuclear retaliation might seem unjustifiable. Just a regular war casualty. Of course to many Americans that would be totally unfair. You saw the shock and awe when one chopper was shot down in Iraq with 12 casualties. A sunken carrier would be a spectacular event, 5000 crew and an entire air wing. If a nuke is used you can write off the carrier task force as well. These task forces are necessary to protect the carrier as they are a very tempting and vulnerable target. Even this shield is not foolproof as demonstrated when a carrier accidentally hit an undetected Soviet sub somewhere off Japan.

homepage.mac.com...

the iraninan have good air craft ( its how they use them that is the real issue for them )

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join