It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sun is "beaming"....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

Thankyou, still, it would've been cool if the sun had flipped though.
But there is one video where it had flipped 360, maybe not this time though.
Peace & love.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

That would have been from SDO, another craft. It does a 360° rotation every now and then to calibrate some of its instruments.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Sorry haven't been through the entire thread yet, I was just wondering if this had been posted:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/233d13465420.jpg[/atsimg]
I haven't edited this picture in anyway.

Whats all that about?

ALS

edit on 24-4-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Sorry haven't been through the entire thread yet, I was just wondering if this had been posted:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/233d13465420.jpg[/atsimg]
I haven't edited this picture in anyway.

Whats all that about?

ALS

Wow, was there any photoshop done to that pic? cuz it looks just like an EYE. An all seeing eye of some sort.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEndisNigh

No you can see it if you follow the instructions:

Originally posted by spydrbyte25
This is interesting. Go to following SOHO site:

SOHO

Now, select "LASCO C3" and in the Start/End Date's Box, enter:

2011-04-22 - 2011-04-22

Now find the find the following time: 10:06

Why is there no images between 10:06-18:11??

That makes for a total of 8 hours unaccounted for or MISSING???

Seems something may have possible crashed into sun and that is now why latest pictures show half of it intensely bright.

Thought it was a bit odd myself

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

No, atleast not by me. I took it straight from the SOHO website.

sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

Its about halfway down the page, its amazing how much it looks like the Illuminati eye.

ALS

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Whats all that about?

ALS
As explained a couple posts back, Pauligirl was kind enough to send an email to get a definitive answers from the scientists involved. As they said:

What happened here is we rotated SOHO by 180-degrees, as we do approximately every ~3-months. So this explains the pylon moving. The reason the images go kinda funky is because our data processing relies on using a "background model" to removed excess background brightness form the images and make our pictures look pretty, the way you see them. The raw, unprocessed files (which are freely and readily available online!) are a lot uglier than those nice blue or red ones you see online. So this background model I refer to is necessary for making the pretty pics, but to make a good background model we need at least 3-days of data at a given roll angle, otherwise we have to use an old model from a previous roll, or one from the same time the previous year, both of which are sub-optimal. Therefore, immediately after SOHO rolls, we are unable to make images that look as pretty as you are used to, and they will typically look either very bright, very dark, or a mixture of bright and dark areas. After a few days, we will have enough data to make our background model and we will go back and reprocess those files. The original, raw data files always remain unchanged though.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by UdderlyInsane
Thought it was a bit odd myself

The "missing" data is because the satellite is in its keyhole period. A thorough explanation of keyhole operations can be found here:

In order to get a good downlink signal, SOHO's High Gain Antenna (HGA) needs to be pointed correctly as the spacecraft traverses its highly elliptical orbit around the L1 Lagrangian point, some 1.5 million kilometres sunward of the Earth. In early May 2003, the HGA started showing signs of trouble. Its East-West pointing mechanism started missing steps, eventually triggering an on-board protective action that reconfigured the spacecraft to use its omnidirectional Low Gain Antenna (LGA - see closeup). This configuration, which gives a much weaker signal at Earth, was only meant to transmit low rate data, sufficient for health monitoring and engineering but containing no science data.

Since the HGA was not far off the intended pointing, high rate science telemetry could soon be restored, but a long period of troubleshooting and testing started, while the antenna pointing mechanism performance seemed to degrade (see links below for details). In the end, it was concluded that an undetermined mechanical problem was indeed the cause of the problems, and the antenna appeared to be stuck. However, it could still be moved using the primary and backup drive motors at the same time, doubling the torque. The problem is, nobody could say how long that would last! So, a strategic decision was made to park the antenna at the "sweet spot", which maximises the time during one half-orbit when the signal is strong enough for normal use. By turning the spacecraft up-side-down during the other half of the orbit, the coverage is doubled!

But when SOHO is in the "middle" parts of its orbit (see figure), there is no way it can point at the Sun while also pointing its HGA towards Earth. SOHO has "keyhole periods", occurring twice per orbit. Each orbit around L1 takes about half a year, so keyholes affect SOHO operations roughly every 3 months.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Here is some interesting reading. The Sun (and Earth) do have pole shifts, as we know....the last Sun pole shift was in 2002 ( I think...aprox), and the next they expect in 2012.....right now the Sun is going into an active period....which is the time the Sun does a shift...... and also why we are seeing so much action from the Sun. However, the video shows the SATELLITE doing a flip...NOT the Sun.....this is done ROUTINELY. The Sun has had pole shifts since the Sun was born. We are all still here. This is normal....this site is full of articles which explain a lot of these things...enjoy! science.nasa.gov...
edit on 25-4-2011 by StealthyKat because: sp

edit on 25-4-2011 by StealthyKat because: added content

edit on 25-4-2011 by StealthyKat because: ugggh correction

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The suns CME display is beyond fascinating. We live in the atmosphere of the Sun. Thanks for the images.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

No, atleast not by me. I took it straight from the SOHO website.

sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

Its about halfway down the page, its amazing how much it looks like the Illuminati eye.

ALS

Im wondering why everyone thinks the illuminati symbol is the all seeing eye? If im not mistaken the owl is a prominent symobol of the illuminati which stands for wisdom. The whole point of the illuminati was a place for people to express intellectual thought and discussion without the persecution of a church run government.
Anywho, unless you know how the satellite runs, or how the images are produced, or have academic training in studying the sun (its cycles, it's "biology" if you will), its a hard topic to press.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join