It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone else in Northern New England see some neat lights in the sky?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hi there all.

Well had a purty cool experience tonight. Was walking my mutt - looking @ the stars.

One light in the sky caught my eye. At first I thought it was a planet. But this "planet" was HAULING - fast across the sky. I watched it until I could no more. It was traveling from NNW to E.

Maybe a minute or two went by...and from the South, an airplane. BIG looking. Maybe military? Went shooting across the sky heading East. Almost, as if, in "hot pursuit". As fast as it was going there was no way the second air craft was gonna even get close to the first spotted "craft".

Mutt was done. Weird "craft" and/or strange light was outta sight.

At this point, I thought I had too much cough medicine & went inside.

I heard my spouses phone ring & my spouse runs past me, out the door. (I didn't even talk to my spouse about this yet.)

I go back outside sans dog. My spouse was talking to friend about a "light" my spouse's friend just saw in the Eastern sky. My spouse, still on phone, goes back inside...didn't see anything.

I stood outside, kinda baffled as to the flurry of activity all around me. I was still watching the sky.

I could see from East to West, high, high up in the sky-what appeared to be satellites. Moving from East to West & then West to East. These "satellites" weren't very bright at all. I saw like 3 or 4 moving at a time!

Whatever any of this was-it sure was a neat light show.

As for proof-I have none.

I'm prior military and a "trained observer"-(whatever that means.)

I have seen a lot of military planes-been in a lot of military aircraft. But the first "light" or "craft" or whatever it was- was different from what I have seen.

*Did anyone else in Northern New England see anything like this?* At around 9ish?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
NOOOOOO!

I live in the same area and now I'm ticked that I missed something!

It's a conspiracy against me.

These sightings are starting to happen rather quickly lately! So hope springs enternal for my chance.

Now get in your car and take that LUCKY dog of yours, and get to Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Sorry DreamVapor!

If I ever see anything like that again - I'll whisper to the sky:
go see DreamVapor!

My spouse queried the matter online & found something about "Lyriad" shower from the comet "Thatcher"???

Gambling would be fun right about now. But gotta do the Easter thing so that will have to wait. But I'll have my mutt pick out a scratch ticket. Maybe I'll get lucky. LOL.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nerdyclutzyblonde

Hey, had guests over for a bbq last night to celebrate my birthday. about 11 pm sitting on the loungers and spotted a big ball in the sky coming towards us, so bright I can only compare it to the star sirius. It was quite low and moving at some speed. We live in Grenwich, London near flight paths and there were plenty of aircraft near by in various directions to compare it to. It had everyone on there feet in amazement. Me and my son run to the front of the house as it flew over the top of us and watched as it suddenly accended to very high altitude before dissapearing. Everyone was speechless, I was so pleased to have witnessed this with so many other witnesses. It was a perfect sphere, low, and moving at speed. Woke up this morning with a big smile on my face.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
its been overcast in sourthern RI for the past few days....nothing strange here

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinoman

Hi Dinoman.

What an awesome birthday present you recieved for your birthday! How cool.

That's so cool a bunch of you saw it!

You're in England - I'm in Northern New England. I *think* we are +4 GMT right now.
It changes when we move our clocks forward/behind.

Anyway, what I saw sounds very similar. Although I saw it about 1:00AM to 1:15AM your time.

We have plenty of planes flying overhead to compare it too. It did NOT *seem* to be a plane. I have no idea what it was. To be honest, it looked like a bright planet, hauling booty, across the sky.

I'm glad that my spouse's friend saw it too or I would've thought I had gone mad.

That's so cool that you got an awesome birthday present!!!

Happy belated birthday!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Me and my wife followed this "thing" in the daylight in the north east of england on Sunday 24th April, dinner time. Approx 2.00pm GMT. What we saw looked like the moon but really visible and very light green. I started following it thought when it seemed to be moving, then I thought no its not the moon, thats a planet...then this thing moved into the distance. We tried to head towards when it looked like it was "falling/moving to ground" very slowly. Then it disappeard...right before our eyes! My wife is a huge skeptic and she will hardly talk about it lol but the strangest thing for me was their was 5 small aircraft flying around the sky at the same time and this "thing" seemed to disappear as soon as we and the aircraft got close. Was very strange and would love to know what it was.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'm gutted no-one else has seen this lol It was something I really wish someone could explain 100%

new topics

top topics

join