It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Responders To Be Warned They Will Be Screened By FBI's Terrorism Watch List

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

WASHINGTON -- A provision in the new 9/11 health bill may be adding insult to injury for people who fell sick after their service in the aftermath of the 2001 Al Qaeda attacks, The Huffington Post has learned. The tens of thousands of cops, firefighters, construction workers and others who survived the worst terrorist assault in U.S. history and risked their lives in its wake will soon be informed that their names must be run through the FBI’s terrorism watch list, according to a letter obtained by HuffPost.

Link

Wake up me droogs!

I also found this nice little adaptation of an old quote which may be relevant in this context:

By Stephen Rohde, a constitutional lawyer and President of the ACLU of Southern California. Adapted from the original by Rev. Martin Niemoller (1937).

First they came for the Muslims, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Muslim.

Then they came to detain immigrants indefinitely solely upon the certification of the Attorney General, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't an immigrant.

Then they came to eavesdrop on suspects consulting with their attorneys, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a suspect.

Then they came to prosecute non-citizens before secret military commissions, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a non-citizen.

Then they came to enter homes and offices for unannounced "sneak and peek" searches, and I didn't speak up because I had nothing to hide.

Then they came to reinstate Cointelpro and resume the infiltration and surveillance of domestic religious and political groups, and I didn't speak up because I had stopped participating in any groups.

Then they came for anyone who objected to government policy because it aided the terrorists and gave ammunition to America's enemies, and I didn't speak up because...... I didn't speak up.

Then they came for me....... and by that time no one was left to speak up.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware
of news, current events, or important information from other sites, please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, and your opinion on the information as
a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on 4/21/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2011 by Kalki2012 because: as suggested by ATS

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
THIS, even though BinLaden himself is not wanted for the 9/11 attacks. Since getting molested at the airport - you, your great grandparents, your grandparents, your kids, your sisters - is alright, this is still just the beginning!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Makes sense. Many of them may be able to piece together the truth. Thus they are a threat. Threat = terrorist to TPTB.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
So the guy who sponsored the amendment on this bill is from Florida.

I wonder if he/his state gets any money out of this.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
All on the back of 19 supposed terrorists.
We all believe, i suppose.
Peoples survival instincts have gone.
The outlook is bleak.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalki2012

Gee, a congressman adds a stupid amendment to a bill at the last minute to make some stupid point. Not the first time, not going to be the last time either. So what does it prove?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hooper

So what does it prove?

That we are living in an age where heroes are easily labelled potential terrorists by the government machine and that this is supposed to be no big deal.

edit on 22-4-2011 by Azp420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azp420
That we are living in an age where heroes are easily labelled potential terrorists by the government machine and that this is supposed to be no big deal.

Remember that if they say something that disagrees with truther theories, they're traitorous shills.

The effect works both ways. If you want them to be unimpeachable from the government then you have to treat them that way yourself. Personally I think they did an amazing job and deserve support, but if they dare to disagree with the Truth Movement they'll suffer similar accusations.

Mostly people at The Pentagon who saw the jet impact, who recovered bodies still strapped into seats etc. These people are regarded as liars even though they are in fact heroes.

Just wanted to put it in perspective. There are assholes on both sides.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azp420
reply to post by hooper

So what does it prove?

edit on 22-4-2011 by Azp420 because: (no reason given)

Please show me where any of the 9/1 responders has been labelled a terrorist.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
What did you expect? If potential whitnesses are conveniently going to die off, they are not going to get in the way of them dying by paying for their treatmen, no they stick it to them real good, to teach them a lesson to think about next time they feel like talking about what they saw and heard that day.

And hooper, seriously, you say what does it proove on anything and everything, what does it proove what architect, pilots engineers and firefighters say. What does it proof that firefighters and other whitnesses heard and saw multiple explosions PRIOR to the impact of the airplanes and on and on and on?

Hooper I am getting the impression you are not interested in the truth. I am getting the impression hooper is only interested in a certain version of the facts to "win" accusing the world of antisemitism while he is at it. Everytime somebody throws the antisemitism card around like that, it makes me think of a mafioso blurting out how he is just being persecuted because people do not like Italians.
edit on 22-4-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Just more information on the article and the amendment

The provision was added in an amendment by Rep. Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.) during the heated debate over the bill in the House Energy and Commerce Committee last May. Sept. 11 responders in the committee room at the time mostly shook their heads at the move, which Democrats accepted on a voice vote after battling to bar other amendments on abortion and immigration that might have killed the bill.Text

Politicians putting their personal beliefs and agendas over what's right. Again. Doesn't surprise me. It's a low life move. Our guys deserve more respect from the both parties.

Actual Ammendment

edit on 22-4-2011 by tncryptogal because: proofreading error

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
According to Aunt Janet, we are ALL possible terrorists.

I think they WANT us to be; impinge on our freedoms enough, and the time WILL come to push back. Then they will have their excuse.

Screw this. I'm going fishing with my boy before buying worms indicates a desire to blow something up.

edit on 4/22/2011 by OldCorp because: fishing. Have a great day ATS

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
They haven't been labeled terrorists.. but think hypothetically; If there was a cover-up on 911, wouldn't this amendment be a good way to keep people from wandering off the golden path of the OS?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Wow mods getting too ancy with the other thread, anyways since that one was closed let me post the working link from that one.... here.

www.blacklistednews.com...

Of course this is too be expected, they have treated the first responders like trash so far, and now this.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kalki2012

WASHINGTON -- A provision in the new 9/11 health bill may be adding insult to injury for people who fell sick after their service in the aftermath of the 2001 Al Qaeda attacks, The Huffington Post has learned. The tens of thousands of cops, firefighters, construction workers and others who survived the worst terrorist assault in U.S. history and risked their lives in its wake will soon be informed that their names must be run through the FBI’s terrorism watch list, according to a letter obtained by HuffPost.

Link

yep got it up here this morning www.abovetopsecret.com...
still great info the more peeps that read it the better.
Have a flag and a star on me OP

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Hooper ... you have a very um ... interesting post history.

Don't you ever get outside of the 9/11 forum?

ETA: For the sake of being on topic I'll just say that if what is in the OP is true then that is truly sick and twisted. I'd ask what this world is coming to but I think I already know!

edit on 22-4-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalki2012

I'm not an authority on the NWO,but I do remember reading a document written by one of the big R's(Rothchild or Rockefeller)stating that they would make hero's into terrorist,does anyone know what the document is called or were it could be found?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a bump for the fact some of you are still not awake to the real evil TPTB represent

America is now worst in many ways than Nazi Germany ever was. imho

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by UcDat
a bump for the fact some of you are still not awake to the real evil TPTB represent

I would not say that, YET. However, we are on the way down that road. If the sheeple do not wake up soon it will be too late.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by UcDat

I would not say that, YET. However, we are on the way down that road. If the sheeple do not wake up soon it will be too late.

well i got 3 little letters for ya TSA

then there's the patriot act Guantanamo and the likes so ya it is that bad and worst already... imo

I dont even think the Germans wages so many unfounded wars.or killed as many as the USA and NATO and the UN have...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join