It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koch brothers become political Big Brother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Koch brothers become political Big Brother

rt.com

The Kochs have shifted from conservative CEOs to propaganda machines as they push libertarian ideology at the workplace.
Koch Industries’ employees have been forced to attend seminars, received out of the ordinary 17 page documents which praise the Calvin Coolidge and push libertarianism.
The Kochs even went as far as sending an urgent memo to all staff just prior to the November 2010 midterm elections offering advice on who they should vote for if they wished to avoid dismal consequences to their jobs, families and friends.
The US Supreme Court decision on Citizens United has changed h
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Before I begin I would like to say that I understand that Russia Today has an obvious bias. However I believe they are willing to ask the provocative questions on one side of the continuom and say things Western media centres would not.
With that said, if what is said in this article is true, I am truly stunned. The fact that Koch is offering punishments and pressures to it's employee's is uterly outrageous. It seems to me, that it is just another signal that shows who really is running things. That is the corporations and those who seek to make a profit.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
The Krotch* brothers*

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
A friend i talk with at my local gas station, someimes talks to me about politics. few days ago, the topic again came up. if i remember correctly, he said american communsits are still around today, in america, i forget the name they use,..but i seem to rememeber him syaing they hide behind another political name...liberalism*

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The supreme court apparently entrenched the rights of corporations to use their money to sway elections in their recent decision in a lawsuit brought by Citizens United. The very thing most of us complain about here on ATS has been reinforced by the SCOTUS.

As the lowly citizen loses another one to the corporate elite, the complete takeover of democracy by the rich is now pretty much a done deal.
edit on 4/21/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Ahhh, the evil corporations. I remember the good old days when it was Bush's fault. Now with progressives in office, it's corporations fault. Do liberals ever take the blame for something they've done? Department of education, teachers, welfare programs, all sorts of liberal agendas and programs fail and fail epically yet it is never ever their fault. Now we have slam after slam on corporations that steal potential welfare servants from the government and they are the bad guys.

Who are liberals going to blame next? Nirubu? Comet Elinin? Zombies? Garth Brooks?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
And in typical Drone Mind fashion the herd follows and believes they are the end all be all. Typical Twits

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Ahhh, the evil corporations. I remember the good old days when it was Bush's fault. Now with progressives in office, it's corporations fault. Do liberals ever take the blame for something they've done? Department of education, teachers, welfare programs, all sorts of liberal agendas and programs fail and fail epically yet it is never ever their fault. Now we have slam after slam on corporations that steal potential welfare servants from the government and they are the bad guys.

Who are liberals going to blame next? Nirubu? Comet Elinin? Zombies? Garth Brooks?

There is no difference between Bush and the "evil" corps. They are one and the same. Bush and all legislators dance to the same tune played by the same piper. Political conservatism and liberalism are fake concepts made to keep guys like you from seeing the real game.

Its working.

edit on 4/21/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

The question you have to ask yourself is do you want more government or less.

Once you answer that question then you'll have your answer as to whether you are aiberal or conservative.

Don't like the Koch brothers? Don't give them your business. We can't do that with big government.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Seems clear to me the Koch brothers are NOT libertarians - they're corporatists, pushing corporate government.

...am I missing something?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

reply to post by wayno

The question you have to ask yourself is do you want more government or less.

Once you answer that question then you'll have your answer as to whether you are aiberal or conservative.

Don't like the Koch brothers? Don't give them your business. We can't do that with big government.

When did a conservative in office ever, let me repeat, EVER downsize the government?

The current group of right wingers want to cut back SS and medicare to scale back government. Even just the mention of that will scare the seniors back into the lib camp.

Keep it up and see what happens.

edit on 21-4-2011 by whaaa because: chains and ivy

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Lets get a REAL conservative in office and we'll see. It's obviously not going to happen with a progressive in office.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

Lets get a REAL conservative in office and we'll see. It's obviously not going to happen with a progressive in office.

Do you think that a candidate hand picked by the Koch bros. will be a REAL conservative or a fascist corporatist.

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

Lets get a REAL conservative in office and we'll see.

Baby Bush talked the talk - AND he auctioned off all the nation's resources and real assets to his buddies in a fire sale, AND he created a global mercenary industry on the backs of American taxpayers, AND he put everyone into servitude - and their children, grandchildren, great grandchildren - and debt for generations.

Forget separating conservatives and liberals.

Start weeding out the corporatists!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I don't want to choose between bad and worse. Been doing that for years. That's why I joined the Tea Party. Hopefully we can find someone who is neither.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I'd have to admit that I don't know much about "corporatalists". (sp?) Aren't they just a business aspect of the government? Look at GE and Jeff Imholt. 77% profits and he's got a seat at the White House.
I'd be afraid of any corporation that has such close ties to ANY White House administration.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

I don't want to choose between bad and worse. Been doing that for years. That's why I joined the Tea Party. Hopefully we can find someone who is neither.

I sincerely hope that could be the case but who does the TPM have that wouldn't be corrupted by big money?

Anyone that enters govt., even TPM people have an ulterior motive [usually money]. Honest uncorrupted politicians
simply don't exist.

I had hoped that Obama might be an exception and actually have the voters best interest in mind. Didn't happen!! Sold out!

edit on 21-4-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Honest uncorrupted politicians simply don't exist.

No truer words have ever been spoken. That's why I'm all for a return to citizen politicians, but that kind of change can't happen overnight.
Baby steps, baby steps. . . . .

new topics

top topics

join