It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Not Prepared Unless You Have

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
I'd definitely recommend a Fresnel Lens for the long term survivalist.

Make sure you pick up one larger than the super cheap credit card sized ones, as they don't have the power quite necessary for simple fire making. Get one about 4 inches +

I'd rather have a proven and long lasting fire starter than a wonky laser, and if you are relying on blinding your enemy with a laser beam, consider yourself drastically unprepared.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

really cool. I'd like to know more. I see some online for like 2 bucks which look like the size of paper. Are these not the ones to buy? I want to get one just want the right one.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Actually nature provides a tobacco substitute! Kinnikinic can be found in most areas of the world. It's edible and when the leaves are dried and pulverized, you have what was known as "frontier tobacco". Use alone or as a regular tobacco extender

I think the most important things in a BOB are a couple books on wild plants and herbs! For food, medicine or what-not.. knowledge is the most important thing.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Invariance because: forgot a point in post

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
good stuff

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Reply to post by anumohi

Some really good products there. Nice find.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The Parry blade.
Not cheap,but definately a must have.

survivalcache.com...

Also this site has alot of useful info and gear.
Different kinds of survival scenarios and how
prepare/survive,although I think ATS is better.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi

oh i assure you that with my wonkey 1 watt 800 nm infrared laser, my enemies will no longer have a function

and they will never see it coming

You wont be able to see it either to aim it. Unless you are packing some Night vision goggles/monocle that I didn't see you list. Interesting ideas though.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
cocerning alcohol be aware

that alcohol the drinking drink acts as a blood thinner hence mean if your wounded it will not clot it you have consumed too much.

just a friendly reminder in a shtf scenario you can not take any chances
edit on 20-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by drift393

Originally posted by anumohi

oh i assure you that with my wonkey 1 watt 800 nm infrared laser, my enemies will no longer have a function

and they will never see it coming

You wont be able to see it either to aim it. Unless you are packing some Night vision goggles/monocle that I didn't see you list. Interesting ideas though.

that's true, i didn't list the laser glasses, most of them like the www.wickedlasers.com... come with glasses and a fancy box.

infrared lasers will light on the target, just like a cheap red pointer one will..except brighter, but only once its on the target

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Originally posted by Tephra
I'd definitely recommend a Fresnel Lens for the long term survivalist.

Make sure you pick up one larger than the super cheap credit card sized ones, as they don't have the power quite necessary for simple fire making. Get one about 4 inches +

I'd rather have a proven and long lasting fire starter than a wonky laser, and if you are relying on blinding your enemy with a laser beam, consider yourself drastically unprepared.

really cool. I'd like to know more. I see some online for like 2 bucks which look like the size of paper. Are these not the ones to buy? I want to get one just want the right one.

Hey, well in all honesty I've actually used quite a few of them over time usually not very satisfied by them.

The credit card ones and some of the floppy ones can get the job done, but usually at the expense of some pretty frustrating attempts....

The one I use is a bit more pricey but it's honestly by far the best. without being toooo big.

Medium HQ Fresnel (My Personal One)

This one is really overkill, it's expensive for a fresnel, and it's like 14 or 15 inches.

Large Fresnel HQ

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
A space blanket, and a contractors heavy duty plastic bag. Put these in a large zip lock bag then roll some heavy twine or paracord around it all. With this small bundle you can make a pretty good small shelter, sleeping bag, or poncho. Remember you can die within 3 hours from exposure. You can also use the baggies to hold water.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

lol, what if the sun is block out for a long period of time. Magnify glass is not going to work their.
My #1 survival Item would have to be my 4x4 with 33" mud tyres with a full tank of deisel and BOB in hand. This is going to bug me the hell out away from all the lunatics on the populated coast that I live on, hopefully if their is enough warning it will be my only chance of finding some safe high ground to escape the impending tsunami's. Also it will come in handy as a shelter to establish my survival plans.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I have a 4x10 inch portable solar trickle charger, it charges 9v, AA, AAA, has a bunch of different plugs to charge a myriad of items, it can even charge a car battery in half a days time. I picked it up at a freight store for about 13 bucks. portable tree climbing spikes, the kind that screw into the trunk that you use to get to a deer stand. I carry a couple of those in the BOB as well. I also carry a bunch of MRE heaters. good to get warm quick

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
anyone know where to pick up a ANALOG watch.. ??? as in a wind up ..

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Your not prepared unless you have

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6aea658ea90b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Your not prepared unless you have

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6aea658ea90b.jpg[/atsimg]

thats very true

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I know it sounds lame and cliche but you have to start with the tool between the ears.

If your were in a world of chaos it would be factor number one. You would have to abandon pretty much everything you have lived by in the blink of an eye, you would have to turn into a predator and be willing to do whatever you could to survive.

If you were lost and depending on the situation, it would have to start with water of course.

My main physical tool would be my Brazilian made 28'' carbon steel Tramontina machete.

Why because I could make it through the night without fire in most situations and water to a certain extent, the machete would provide a simple yet effective tool in spades.

On the joke side, I would say narcotics '' fill the blank ''. __________

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
What about condoms? The last thing you want is to knock some chic up while your out living in the woods ya know.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

I think that I'll stick with what I have and be fine, if you visit the dentist you should be good for several years on the teeth, a lazer? really? ok I can think of thousands of things that I would rather have.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I would suggest having a magnifing glass, for fire starting.
Dental floss/fishing line(for snares and trip lines with items tied to it to make noise if moved.. for security warnings for your camp.
pvc pipe 4-7ft long with threads on both ends and caps...you could carry water, food, tinder bundles in it, used as a walking stick, or a cross beam for your shelter when making a lean too.
A couple of traps for muskrats and beaver, coons..ect
heavy duty trash bags...tthey have many many uses.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
"You're Not Prepared Unless You Have".........The right frame of mind.......

Without it I don't think it matters what cool gear you have.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join