It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool Cloud Pics that I found to be interesting...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I came across a couple of pics of clouds that I at least thought were pretty cool. I dont know if anyone else will but I figured I would share them anyway...Never know,maybe could lead to some answers of the wierd anomalies that have been seen from time to time...Even if not, they are still pretty cool to look at in my opinion...

Looking down from above, AIM captured this composite image of the noctilucent cloud cover above the Southern Pole on December 31, 2009. The 2009 cloud season began a month earlier than the 2010 season did

(PhysOrg.com) -- High up in the sky near the poles some 50 miles above the ground, silvery blue clouds sometimes appear, shining brightly in the night. First noticed in 1885, these clouds are known as noctilucent, or "night shining," clouds. Their discovery spawned over a century of research into what conditions causes them to form and vary – questions that still tantalize scientists to this day. Since 2007, a NASA mission called Aeronomy of Ice in the Mesosphere (AIM) has shown that the cloud formation is changing year to year, a process they believe is intimately tied to the weather and climate of the whole globe.

Noctilucent clouds streaming across the sky in Utrecht, The Netherlands on June 16, 2009.

READ ARTICLE

edit on 20-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Cool pictures

I seen some like in the second picture in southern Vancouver Island ,British Columbia over Glenn Lake.

Star and Flag.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Here are a few pictures I took last week and put on one of my threads. Hope you don't mind me sharing. If you like them there are plenty more on my profile to check out.

Sorry, but you have to scroll to the right to see the whole image. I'm still working on the whole pixel size thing.

edit on 20-4-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

cool pics..and if you open them up in PAINT you can resize the pics to whatever size you want and save em...thats how i do it...works good enough, it gets the job done

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by gdaub23

Cool pictures

I seen some like in the second picture in southern Vancouver Island ,British Columbia over Glenn Lake.

Star and Flag.

You look like john f kennedy

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Thanks for the advice

I will try it out that way next time

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by solid007

If you are talking about my avatar, that is Stephen Harper. The Prime Minister of Canada. I won't derail this fine thread by getting into what I think about him.

On Topic, I don't quite understand what the first picture is. I read the information in the content you provided. But it definitely is interesting to look at.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

if you go to the article it explains it more detail...you should get the answer your looking for there..

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Not only are they really interesting and beautiful to look at......but there is a very real mystery involved with them, as they are becoming brighter an more frequent according to scientists!!!

www.space.com... SPACE.com+Headline+Feed%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

exactly! I was wondering to myself if maybe these could be an explanation for some of the strange things popping up in the sky..even though I know that more will still say its ufos than will think something like this

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

You are thinking along the same lines that I am my friend. I personally believe it has to do with the Earth's Magnetosphere going a bit nutty..Causing electromagnetic mayhem in general....I know the Aurora has been said to be brightening too. I wouldn't be surprised if all sorts of electrical and/or 'plasma' phenomenon, from ball lightening to strange auroras are seen more frequently. I even considered the possibility that it had something to do with the Norway Spiral. (not that I'm saying it definitely did....just saying I considered it a slim, yet plausible possibility)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Those are cool, thanks for sharing. I have some pictures I need to upload and share.

top topics

join