It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Supper was a day earlier, scientist claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
so it looks like science is actually pinpointing the son of gods last supper, easter may actually be on april 3rd rather than april 5th. i think this lays lots of inconsistencies to rest as well.

enjoy.

Link
edit on 18-4-2011 by Cobra.EXE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobra.EXE

Actually, this is old news being brought to the surface again in an attempt to sell books. Others have broached the subject many years ago to explain the discrepency in the bible timeline of events that took place. You can even use the different calenders to explain that Jesus only spent a real short time on the cross.

edit on 18-4-2011 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

wow, youre a very polite person. youve contributed so much key information lol!! the date of the article is dated today april 18th. others may have broached the surface many years ago but its now circulating through different news networks. the topic may be old, but the article is new. have a nice day

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
So are Britney Spears and Lindsey Lohan! Maybe you weren't aware that there were different ways to calculate time many years ago. Open a book every once in awhile, instead of your computer. Since I didn't "bring" something to your hugely popular thread, I'll add this to help educate you up to 6th grade religious/history level.. The term "cockcrowing" used in the New Testament, is not a reference to a rooster crowing, it actually specifies a certain time of day in the Jewish culture of 2000+ years ago. Hope that helps!
edit on 18-4-2011 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

good job trying to ruin a completely good attempt at me having a discussion with civilized people. youre a very successful troll, and thank you for the update on lyndsay lohan and brittany spears. however, i could give a rats ass about those two. youre talking about calenders and things that are of no relevance to this thread. before you throw in a million calendars into topic you should at least let other people come and discuss the actual ARTICLE that was presented instead of you coming with your negativity. wow, you must be really proud of yourself, how many other peoples threads do you come online to ruin a day?? epic failure!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
OP- Maybe read the link/article you posted? It has everything to do with the calender! That's what the WHOLE thing is about. Don't blame this thread's lack of commentary on me. Maybe you just never realized it's common knowledge to most people??

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobra.EXE

As people have pointed out, the suggestion of a "three day gap" has been made many times before.
I have in front of me Bishop Westcott's "Introduction to the study of the Gospels" (1881), which makes a case based on an argument which is simpler and less contrived than the new theory seems to be.
The new theory is based on the idea that different groups of people were operating different calendars.

Bishop Westcott simply points out that the word "sabbath" has a double meaning. Apart from the weekly sabbath, there was also a special Passover sabbath beginning at sunset after the killing of the lamb.
If the Passover lamb was killed on a Thursday that year, then Jesus would lie in the tomb on Friday (Passover sabbath), as well as Saturday (ordinary weekly sabbath), making the full "third day" on Sunday.

He also observes that, for the same reason, the Last Supper could not have been a true Passover meal- or at least, not one held at the same time as everybody else. Because the Passover meal did not take place until the Passover sabbath had already begun. Therefore all the actions following the Last Supper, including the arrest and the crucifixion, would have been impossible under sabbath regulations, if it was a true Passover meal.. It would have to be a substitute Passover, held a day in advance.

top topics

join