It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow Footage...very near convincing...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

The video is by Oleg Tarabanov, the Russian UFO Hunter. He regularly films UFOs from his apartment. The odd thing is no one else notice them, perhaps because they're aircraft?

Here's his youtube channel

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by gortex

The video is by Oleg Tarabanov, the Russian UFO Hunter. He regularly films UFOs from his apartment. The odd thing is no one else notice them, perhaps because they're aircraft?

www.youtube.com...

While the video looks like it could be real, I would say hoax, based on my previous experience with the videos from Oleg Tarabanov.

I watched several 'lights in the sky' videos that he filmed from his window, supposedly UFOs. He tends to post a lot of those. The things he films are obviously commercial planes on their landing patterns. I left a few benign comments to these videos, stating that those were most likely planes. And you know what? Oleg sent me an extremely rude message telling me that I was a spammer. All of my comments have been promptly deleted, of course and he has also blocked me so I cannot leave any more comments.

I think that this guy is either a nutcase or that he's a professional hoaxer making money on YouTube. Just look at the number of hits that his videos get. Also, note that all the comments to the videos are filtered down to those agreeing with him.

He has also made an appearance on a Russian TV Channel called RenTV which tends to show a lot of documentaries on UFOs. Some are good, like Ancient Aliens, but most are really dumb and speculative, full of hoaxed videos and 'witness accounts' of obviously mentally ill people.

Go figure..

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WideOpenSpace

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by gortex

www.youtube.com...

While the video looks like it could be real, I would say hoax, based on my previous experience with the videos from Oleg Tarabanov.

I watched several 'lights in the sky' videos that he filmed from his window, supposedly UFOs. He tends to post a lot of those. The things he films are obviously commercial planes on their landing patterns. I left a few benign comments to these videos, stating that those were most likely planes. And you know what? Oleg sent me an extremely rude message telling me that I was a spammer. All of my comments have been promptly deleted, of course and he has also blocked me so I cannot leave any more comments.

I think that this guy is either a nutcase or that he's a professional hoaxer making money on YouTube. Just look at the number of hits that his videos get. Also, note that all the comments to the videos are filtered down to those agreeing with him.

He has also made an appearance on a Russian TV Channel called RenTV which tends to show a lot of documentaries on UFOs. Some are good, like Ancient Aliens, but most are really dumb and speculative, full of hoaxed videos and 'witness accounts' of obviously mentally ill people.

Go figure..

Do you have a degree in Psychiatry? If no then don't make remarks about people's mental state when you don't know them at all.

While Oleg has a lot of videos of lights in the sky and many look like they are just planes, that doesn't discredit this video. Those planes are UFOs to that man, so he keeps his eyes to the skies looking for UFOs often. Though he doesn't always film a gem like this video in particular, he keeps looking and he just so happened to see something that people here can't explain. So you saying its a hoax simply because HE filmed it is like hes damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsAnOddFuture
Do you have a degree in Psychiatry? If no then don't make remarks about people's mental state when you don't know them at all.

While Oleg has a lot of videos of lights in the sky and many look like they are just planes, that doesn't discredit this video. Those planes are UFOs to that man, so he keeps his eyes to the skies looking for UFOs often. Though he doesn't always film a gem like this video in particular, he keeps looking and he just so happened to see something that people here can't explain. So you saying its a hoax simply because HE filmed it is like hes damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

As I matter of fact I am a medical doctor and I do have a degree in psychiatry, no bull*. I did not say that Oleg was crazy, I merely suggested that it could be one of the possibilities.

He does, like you say, have a lot of videos of lights in the sky that are UFOs to him for some reason. However, it is obvious that he is in complete denial when it comes to being open-minded to the most obvious explanation of these lights. He deletes the comments that suggest that the lights are simply airplanes. I think that with a high probability this person is making all these videos with lights, hyping them up and claiming them to be alien spaceships just to get more hits and thus make more money. If he was not a hoaxer he would at least be open to discuss the videos and to try and figure our that the hell the lights are with the viewers of his channel. But why would he do this? Having debunking comments to the videos really hurts the popularity. Who would watch fuzzy videos of commercial airplanes on final approach? No one. It is as simple as that.

And yes, I do think that it discredits the new video and all videos after that. Besides the stationary lights could be anything, like part of a bulding or some tower, or a house on the hill in the distance. We'll never know, because Oleg will not upload a daytime video of this location. By the way, has anyone seen the stationary lights dart off or disappear? No sir, the video just ends abruptly, like most hoaxes do.

I am a believer but I find it extremely insulting when people like Oleg take the UFO community for fools. People like this guy are the reason why ufology is not taken seriously.

edit on 20/4/2011 by WideOpenSpace because: for grammar and typos

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The video footage looks very interesting and reading the subtitles it looks like the person who filmed the footage has no doubts at all it was a UFO. The first thought that came to my mind when I played the video was 'we've got another commercial airliner on our hands'. But, the way the UFO seems to float above the buildings for an unknown amount of time and the height it is floating around at suggests it could be something else. I'm impressed, however I don't think we can say for sure what it is or if it is real as the creator of the videos seems to think everything he videos is genuine. I do think it is an airplane due to the size of the UFO in the video and the lights look like they are on the wings of the object.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalpr
the OP video is undebunkable!

I agree, it is.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Really, there is not much to debunk here. No conventional aircraft we know of radiates such lights. Actually, such signal light on a conventional plane, would make no sense whatsoever. It may not be E.T., but it is definately a UFO.

What I find most interesting, with the sightings of late, is that the lights seem to both pulsate and rotate. The light that turns up outside of the formation, in this video, seems to do just that too - rotate and pulsate.

When was the last time you looked up and saw the lights of a plane rotate and pulsate? Go figure.

Edit: spelling.
edit on 20-4-2011 by Scissorville because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
LOL I love how ATS members post their own video and then have a conversation about it.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewJay
LOL I love how ATS members post their own video and then have a conversation about it.

The error being posting own videos? Talking about said videos? It would be preferable, if people here solely talked about others videos? Not sure I get you.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Iposted this vid (but my lap top is kaput now- overheating...)
I aint Oleg ether...
The video has interesting qualities....
Certainly worthy ........of discussion.
The increasing frequencyof sightings world over seems headed for some kind of creshendo sooner or later....dont you think?
Or is it all hoaxes?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

post by stirling
Or is it all hoaxes?

Some Hoaxes and a lot of normal stuff that's misidentified as UFO's (spaceships) .
UFO's are real but I doubt we will find them on youtube .

As for this video I think the information provided by cripmeister points strongly to a Hoax in this case .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join