It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bahrain to be Occupied "until the Iranian theat is gone"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Bahrain to be Occupied "until the Iranian theat is gone"

www.reuters.com

DUBAI — Saudi and UAE forces will only leave Bahrain when an Iranian threat to Gulf Arab countries is judged to be over, Bahrain's foreign minister said on Monday, hinting that Gulf troops could be there for some time.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Saudi invades Bahrain, unveils itself
Iran squares off against Saudi Arabia over Bahrain's annexation

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Bahrain has been invaded and conquered. I believe this will be the "Poland" of WWIII.

The Iranians have lived there for over 700 years (formerly the Persians) and I don't think that they are going anywhere.

The west has conveniently ignored a brutal government crackdown last month, and continues to ignore torture that is taking place to many of the leaders of the protests. Why? Because Saudi Arabia gives us our oil.

Iran has already been fuming over the foreign troops on Bahrains soil, and this will infuriate them more. The troops are considered GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) troops and are comprised of Saudi, United Emirates and Pakistani troops

All we need is a match to throw in this tank of gas and the entire region may go up in flames.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-4-2011 by Skerrako because: edit

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This has been a very brutal crackdown. Here is a thread I did about it at the start.

Bahrain Crackdown

I think that this is a very destabilizing event in the region. The West is pushing Iran into a corner which it may not be able to back out of.

It reminds me a little of Japan in World War II where policies that will knowingly cause a country to fight a war are pursued.

I almost thing the West wants another war, and sadly they may get it.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Wow... I think this is going to get ugly fast, Iran cannot allow itself to get backed into a corner like that and not react.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

I think that this is a very destabilizing event in the region. The West is pushing Iran into a corner which it may not be able to back out of.

Just think of what happens when you back an animal into a corner......It attacks as powerfully as it can.

Iran sees itself as a protector of Shiites, and I believe Bahrain is where they will show it.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Wow... I think this is going to get ugly fast, Iran cannot allow itself to get backed into a corner like that and not react.

Iran can't do a damned thing about it because if they threaten Saudi, that will equal a green light to take them out completely. Iran's meddling to see how far they can go and what they can walk away with but Saudi Arabia just drew a line. Iran will back down with a lot of posturing and futile gesturing. They still got their hands into Yemen and are propping up Syria.
Saddam had visions of reviving Babylon's empire now Iran has visions of grandeur at reviving the Persian Empire. The colonial powers purposely divided up the ME after WWI and WWII so that those old empires could never rise again. They were wise.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Iran can't do a damned thing about it because if they threaten Saudi, that will equal a green light to take them out completely. Iran's meddling to see how far they can go and what they can walk away with but Saudi Arabia just drew a line. Iran will back down with a lot of posturing and futile gesturing. They still got their hands into Yemen and are propping up Syria.
Saddam had visions of reviving Babylon's empire now Iran has visions of grandeur at reviving the Persian Empire. The colonial powers purposely divided up the ME after WWI and WWII so that those old empires could never rise again. They were wise.

What exactly did Iran do to Saudi Arabia? Last time I checked, Iran was being threatened by the Saudi's, the Yanks and Israel - yet the media will quite happily demonize Iran.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yes please aware me on the evils of Iran.. I really want to know.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Are we really prepared to accept that this is about 'security?'

Am I so incorrect when I suppose this is about "control" and "continuity of governance?"

How did Iran get to be the cause of this little military action in Bahrain? By existing? Does anyone else see the ironically twisted logic here?

Every day I see more and more signs of the Ordo ab Chao doctrine in effect... and the media seems to be convincing people that their is some kind of nobility in the action.

It's a good thing they are all 'our friends,' right?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

What exactly did Iran do to Saudi Arabia? Last time I checked, Iran was being threatened by the Saudi's, the Yanks and Israel - yet the media will quite happily demonize Iran.

Iran is doing the same thing in Syria that Saudi and the UAE and Pakistan are doing in Bahrain.
The Iran sympathisers only point to the protesters being put down in Bahrain and turn a blind eye to the murder in the streets of Syria.
Iran is trying to extend it's influence in the region, which is the same as empire building. Not gonna be allowed to happen for obvious reasons, the flow of oil from Bahrain ports being the most obvious one, the US naval base in Bahrain is another and the pipelines from Saudi that go through Bahrain is really obvious. No chance in hell they will be allowed to take over Bahrain.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
someone needs to stand up to the Saudis.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The best thing the United States could do right now is
just get the hell out immediately. Leave that place
alone. For centuries that entire region has been
extremely unstable and on the brink. There is nothing
there worth getting ourselves unnecessarily involved in
WWIII for. I know that the region has vast oil supplies
and the corporations love that for profit but if our
government truly cared about our national security and
the wellbeing of its citizens, and if the people had the
balls and the brainstem to stand up to Washington
bureaucrats then we would have nothing to do with this.

Iran is fundamentalist Shiites, Saudi Arabia is
fundamentalist Sunnis, and neither wants to give
control to the other in any area. Unfortunately for
Bahrain they have a Shiite majority with a Sunni King,
they are in the worst spot right now and that is why
we see them being annexed. Bahrain right now is the
country that if revolution should occur they fall to the
‘enemies’ so KSA went in to uphold their ‘ally’ Sunni King.

Please everyone, watch Bahrain. If anything erupts
there the whole ME could burst into flames overnight.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Iran can't do a damned thing about it because if they threaten Saudi, that will equal a green light to take them out completely.

Number one: the U.S. has a hard time "taking out" Afghanistan, which has a population of 27 million and very weak government. Iran is home to 80 million people, with a large standing army and strong government. That is not a walk in the park.

Number two: Will Russia and China sit by while one of their strongest oil trading partners is being blown sky-high? They are already planning on vetoing any further Western aggression in Libya, Yemen or wherever. If they take a stand, you can bet that Brazil, India, South Africa and possibly Germany and Australia will stand with them. That is war we would lose hands down. War with fast-growing nations serves as a catalyst for further growth (think America before involvement in WWII).

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
take out iran and saudi and then the middle east would be peaceful or at least relatively.

develop an alternative to oil and then they wont matter.

ww3 who really knows.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako

Iran can't do a damned thing about it because if they threaten Saudi, that will equal a green light to take them out completely.

Number one: the U.S. has a hard time "taking out" Afghanistan, which has a population of 27 million and very weak government. Iran is home to 80 million people, with a large standing army and strong government. That is not a walk in the park.

Number two: Will Russia and China sit by while one of their strongest oil trading partners is being blown sky-high? They are already planning on vetoing any further Western aggression in Libya, Yemen or wherever. If they take a stand, you can bet that Brazil, India, South Africa and possibly Germany and Australia will stand with them. That is war we would lose hands down. War with fast-growing nations serves as a catalyst for further growth (think America before involvement in WWII).

Russia would love if China got 100% of their oil from Russia, at Russia's own asking price. A war in the ME will make that happen. They will pretend to make a fuss but would abstain form vetoing in the UN as per usual. China wouldn't do anything about it, and if they did Taiwan is a bargaining chip worth trading for the middle east.
It is entirely possible to happen with zero fuss from Russia and China.

None of them other countries matter at the UN, the US only needs to get China and Russia to abstain then find 6 other nations no matter who they are to vote along with US France and Great Britain.

The comparison to pre WWII america is null and void. There is no room for their growth, world population and energy reserve capacity makes it impossible, it is all a downward curve from here on out. As long as the world depends on fossil fuels for energy and world population growth rate remains upward, there can never be another explosion of industrial might in the world like the US in WWII. It's a simple fact of mathematics, exponential rates.
WWII happened on the upward curve, the world is on the downward curve now.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

This is what happens when you either don't get or ignore the whole picture.

Iran and Arabia are not friends. The Persians and Arabs have fought for control of the Middle East (along with the Turks) for centuries. There is also the conflict between Shiites and Sunnis.

The Sunni Arabs have been fighting the Iranians and their proxies since the 80s, in Lebanon, the Iran-Iraq War, Yemen, and modern Iraq. There are Sunni insurgencies in Iran and Shiite insurgencies in Arabia. There are both in Iraq where they often kill each other.

The bottom line is the Arabs don't want anyone, Americans, Persians, or Turks taking away the independence they have had for almost 100 years. They lived under the Turks for centuries (who also stayed in constant conflict with Persia), lived under the British and French for decades, and they don't want anymore colonial nonsense from anyone.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Russia would love if China got 100% of their oil from Russia, at Russia's own asking price. A war in the ME will make that happen. They will pretend to make a fuss but would abstain form vetoing in the UN as per usual. China wouldn't do anything about it, and if they did Taiwan is a bargaining chip worth trading for the middle east.

I didn't think of that, but wouldn't that put a huge strain on Russias oil reserves? Excellent point on Taiwan but I don't see the U.S. giving up one of the highest grossing satellites, but hey it is possible.

None of them other countries matter at the UN, the US only needs to get China and Russia to abstain then find 6 other nations no matter who they are to vote along with US France and Great Britain.

I agree totally, that's why I only mentioned Russia and China first, and then the other BRICS would follow.

The comparison to pre WWII america is null and void. There is no room for their growth, world population and energy reserve capacity makes it impossible, it is all a downward curve from here on out. As long as the world depends on fossil fuels for energy and world population growth rate remains upward, there can never be another explosion of industrial might in the world like the US in WWII. It's a simple fact of mathematics, exponential rates.

Here I believe you are completely wrong, there is room for growth, both physically and economically, but the U.S. consumes most of the supplies needed for this growth. If the dollar fails we will see the growth of China and Brazil really ramp up. The comparison to pre-WWII America does fit, because it has happened to more countries than America in the past. Although Im sure the growth won't be as vigorous as it was in America, it will be sizable and comparable. If the U.S. dollar dies, somewhere around 20% (impossible to know the percentage for sure) more oil will be on the market, causing an temporary upward slope again, carrying developing nations with it.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Todays total world consumption is the road block (30 billion barrels per/yr). Even a decline in the US would only put a blip on the downward slope. China is really eating up the energy right now and shortening the curve, not room for anyone to grow to collosal heights overnight like in the past. Even if China stagnated and the US declined, the downward slope would only be extended in decades, but still a downward slope. www.peakoil.net...

edit on 19-4-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This is getting bad, check out this article from today

debka.com...

"The GCC will not hesitate to adopt whatever measures and policies they deem necessary vis-à-vis the foreign interferences in their internal affairs." The phrase "measures and policies deemed necessary" is diplomatic parlance for a military threat. It implies that Saudi Arabia and the rest of the regional group are confident that together, they command the strategic resources and assets necessary for a military strike against Iran.

This force has been expanded continuously, split now between units suppressing the uprising and the bulk deployed on the island's coast, 320 kilometers from the shore of Iran. Saudi ground-to-ground and anti-air missiles have been transferred to the Bahraini capital of Manama and naval units, including missile vessels, positioned in its harbor.

There are currently 11,000 foreign troops in Bahrain, and nearly all of them on the coast closest to Iran

Iran has also sent a message to pakistan that if they continue to send troops to Bahrain, they will not be exempt WHEN bombs start flying. They did not say "if", but 'when'

Very scary stuff indeed

new topics

top topics

join