It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google is removing videos as of April 29th - Google now bowing to censoring of information helping N

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Control the information and you control the people.

Found this video interesting

The noose is being tightened.

You have been warned.

Credit for the heads up found here: snardfarker.ning.com...

If there are videos on Google you consider significant may I suggest you go right out and buy a big Thumb Drive as big as you can afford and start downloading the videos that are "controversial" ie: Don't support the NWO being put into place.

Again, control the information and you control the people. If you do not have all the facts you cannot make a wise decision.

Hope this proves helpful to the rest of you.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
We should use this thread to make a list of videos that we need to archive to keep safe from ever being removed for good.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It's really not about that - they bought Youtube some time ago, after realising that they couldn't compete with them.

It was always part of their business strategy to close Google Video down, it doesn't make sense for them to run competing services.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenChild

It's really not about that - they bought Youtube some time ago, after realising that they couldn't compete with them.

It was always part of their business strategy to close Google Video down, it doesn't make sense for them to run competing services.

That is exactly what is happening, they are already redirecting their videos to youtube, we are not going to lose anything.

Seems no one gets it right these days.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I didn't even know there was something called Google video. I thought this thread was initially talking about Google removing youtube videos. I knew they sometimes disabled the sound on youtube videos if it is copyrighted and they usually find and take down most sexually explicit videos given enough time. Thanks for the thread though, I'll check out google video before they close down the service. I never knew it existed.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Hi! It's not exactly like that. Those who once did upload their videos to google video have to transfer their videos to Youtube themselves, if they want them to be still available. Google won't do that transfer. So if those people that uploaded their videos to Google Video don't transfer them to youtube, their videos will get lost with the closing down of Google Video.

Assuming, that Google's message won't reach every original uploader in sufficient time, I estimate that a significant amount of Videos on Google Video will get lost.

So I'd say, everybody who's interested in saving remarkable videos connected to the topics discussed on ATS, should collaborate with other ATS users to find ways of keeping them available for the public.

Keeping in mind youtubes restrictive handling with copyrighted material, you maybe should consider other online archives to save those videos worth being saved. I'd suggest www.archive.org as a rather safe place to make those videos available for the future. But don't flood that gem of knowledge with bull. Beside that, there are other onlinevideoportals such as www.dailymotion.com, www.veoh.com and others that could be used to archive the videos considered to be worthy to survive the exitus of Google Video.

kind regards,
D.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
UH-OH..............illuminati card.............CeNsOrShIp.........

Imagine if when all the Google videos get deleted, for a twist.....YouTube videos get deleted as well.........

JusT a ThoughT?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by spydrbyte25

It wont happen. YouTube generates a lot of income, not only for Google but Google's partners. Doing such a thing, intentionally or otherwise, would significantly damage Google, both financially and their reputation.

Everyone is so paranoid, yes I believe there are rogue elements in Google and they have been compromised at some levels, but at the end of the day look at what they offer us, we don't pay a penny we just have to put up with unobtrusive advertising.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I just found this out today and was gonna post something on ATS, so a star and flag for you.
Here is a piece on Gizmodo confirming that they will delete videos.

gizmodo.com...#!5792723/google-video-shuts-down-no-one-remembers-it

The email announcement states that the site will no longer host any videos as of April 29th. Google has invited their users to download their videos and upload them to YouTube to keep them alive if they haven't done so already.

new topics

top topics

join