It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prayer’s Answered?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston
reply to post by Shdak

a friend of mine asked God to cure her mother's cancer, and Wham-o, her mother died a long, drawn out, excruciatingly painful death.

My father, died of brain tumors...it was dreadful to watch him go the way he did… so I do understand what your friend has been through. I do not judge why God put him through that kind of death, I just pray that I don’t suffer that way.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Afterall, we all have expire dates anyway as our cells in our dna constructed bodies will expire, but not our eternal souls sent to Earth to learn, to experience and to touch lives and then return back.

I couuld not have said that any better...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The argument that "If God was a loving God, he wouldn't let people die, suffer, etc" is just a moot argument.

(56) Jesus said, "Whoever has come to understand the world has found (only) a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."

Matthew 10:28

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Ecclesiastes 7:1

A good name is better than precious ointment, and the day of death than the day of birth.

1 Timothy 6:7

For we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world.

1 Peter 1:24

For “All flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls,

Isaiah 57:1

1The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.

I could go on and on, but you should check the Bible out for yourselves.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

I believe Satin will give you the world if it fits his agenda;

You pray for things and situations to benefit you, and these things are given to you. Maybe that fits "Satin's" agenda?

By the way, Satan is usually spelt with a second "a". Satin as you spell the word refers to a fabric, most often associated with sensuality, as in "satin sheets”.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon
reply to post by Shdak

You pray for things and situations to benefit you, and these things are given to you. Maybe that fits "Satin's" agenda?

btw... I saw the spelling error this morning, but can’t edit after so many hours, sorry. All goes to show… nobody’s perfect, especially me and spelling; never was good at that.

… And I do pray for others as well. Who knows, it could be in satan's agenda, but I truly don’t think so.

edit on 4/18/2011 by Shdak because: spelling error

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join