It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Weird and Wacky World of Physics: Time, Time Control and the Government

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thereisnotruth

I still believe it is not possible. As I stated before, to me it means that the entire universe (all of creation) must be "rolled back". How could you even attempt that without know for sure that all known space has been mapped?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
A special issue in NewScientist about time. They are some pretty interesting reads

www.newscientist.com...
www.newscientist.com...
www.newscientist.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Personally I believe relativity is a flawed theory. According to relativity, FTL is impossible, because it will be like time travel to the past; in other words, transmitting information from Earth to Alpha Centauri faster than light can violate causality of events between here and Alpha Centauri. However, applying this to reality as we know it seems to indicate the theory is flawed, because, no matter how fast we transmit information, it can never influence events that already have happened.

The mathematics say otherwise, but it is not the mathematics that are wrong, the underlying concept is. If the concept is wrong, then no matter how good the math are, the end result is a flawed theory.

For example, the math say that if Alice sends a message to Bob faster than light, then the message will be received in Bob's past, allowing Bob to take action to cancel the sequence of events that led to Alice sending the FTL message in the first place. I say this is BS, the message will be received to Bob's present, and thus not result in causality violation.

That we have experimentally verified that atomic clocks run differently in different altitudes (i.e. different reference frames) says nothing; it is just a measurement problem. This does not mean that the two reference frames are not causally linked. We may have time A in one reference frame and time B in another reference frame, but causality is not affected by the different clocks.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join