It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Weird and Wacky World of Physics: Time, Time Control and the Government

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirhc0329
This is why I love ATS. These topics that you never found in science books, or MSM.

Its unfortunate that physics is so complex, because anyone leaving high school has only had enough time in class to learn the introductory knowledge, up to about 1910.
Check your textbooks if you're a school student, and you'll see that there is (mostly) nothing in there that would surprise any physicist of that era.
Thats right, about 100 years of new information in physics is not taught because there simply isnt enough time. Lets face it, most students have enough trouble getting the basics of newtonian physics withough hassling them with quantum electrodynamics.

I dont know thats a "problem", but it gets worse by one year every year, which is why genuinely informative postings like this are great.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Congratulations. You just (I think) received my first "star and flag".

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Presented very well. So much information I have butterfly's in my stomach.

You have given me the "Butterfly Effect".

Nice Job. Can't wait till your next posting.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

Some scientists believe that simply by traveling through time you create a split...in which both the original universe and new universe that pops in to existence by traveling through time are separate....hence no grandfather paradox and anything you do would not affect the original universe that you came from, or something along those lines.

edit on 17-4-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
HOLY COW!!!!! S & F!!!! This is the very first info thread I read word by word, followed every link, and till now haven't finished reading and watching most of the link yet. With this information i can share it to my family friends and will make them think I'm one heck of a genius. Thanks OP, more power

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Man cant wait until i get to this part in school!!! great job op!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

time travel is not possible.

even going back in time 1 hour u will b floating inspace!..

comon!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Yes,truly informative .Einstein did state,time did not exist for as the further you get away from a location the slower objects that are moving appear to move in time,to the observer.
However ,he also stated that light bends toward the observer and not as would be imagined ,like a rainbow.This einstein concurred then meant that astronomers observing a point of light in the sky were seeing it in the past and also not where it actually is ,as it would have moved ,in short if you pinned a string from you to the star in a straight line and measured its rate of distance away,where you saw it with your eyes would be billions of miles away from it(the string would be bent).

In this analogy then considering the deep field telescopes discovery that the universe is flat,would then suggest that ,as einstein stated,light bends towards us,then the stars in the sky ,technically are all in reality along the equator of the earth,the solar system and galaxy.As though we live on a orb ,with other orbs,in a blob of jelly film on a piece of glass ,spreading out by exteriorial force of a heavier gravity,speeding up,leaking inward to our universe.
So in a sense time does exist but as a ever changing set of variable forces equating to a equaling duality (evening out).When this evening out completes its cycle ,well...bang goes the theory,M-theory !
So time exists relative to where you are in a flat wave modulating universe,which is transferring gravity and electromagnetic information,unequally in both directions,and explains why DNA is formed in both directions.
sorry if its to deep.
Peace gringo.
edit on 17-4-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Wonderfully put together! Thank you for your post. S&F.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Yup time is a measurement it's not something that exists outside the realm of the observer. A good way to think of it is if your were to think of watching lighting with your eyes, and also with a slow motion camera what your eyes observes is on a different scale then what actually is, with some cameras we can observe the time of lightning and even measure it, though on this scale its measured in milliseconds, and who knows maybe if we can observe something in even slower time scales we might even see more.

Such as in this vid were the whole thing takes place within a second, we wouldn't even notice all that is going on if we didn't have this equipment. It's pretty interesting to watch, as well as flashy.

And not to even mention other even more out of our conceived perceptions of time, stuff that is going on right now. Such as the collision of galaxies which are on a timescale we can barely grasp and is happening right now, even in our own galaxy it seems. And the whole quantum world were there is no time because there is no measurements, or at least no measurement we can think of. Because things seem to be in two places or more at once. Now how would you measure something that can be in two places at once? Because time is our perception of measurement of the world around us, and on our level something is "here then there", "not here and there" our minds cant grasp something like that much less measure it. Anyways S@F op.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashyr

time travel is not possible.

even going back in time 1 hour u will b floating inspace!..

comon!

Yes, that issue never truely gets addressed, does it.
I can accept the plausability of the hypothesis, however the whole movement of planets and stars issue would certainly cause some concern to jump over.

What comes to mind is some pseudo science about harmonic frequencies of the earth to focus in on or some such...aka, not just time travel, but time/space travel would be required.

and a hour? hell, go back 10 seconds and your either in the earth, or pretty high up in the atmosphere in a free fall..we are going pretty fast overall.

however, perhaps there is some sort of cosmic inertia at play here...meh, this stuff is far beyond my immediate contemplation..so, will just sit back and dream a bit while someone else does the science and eats cake.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I've always believed that time-travel can only be achieved by the use of a 'mind'
I know that light -that we accept is the fastest electromagnetic radiation in the
universe, travels, bends and can be manipulated.

We agree that it is this medium that we should use show how time-travel works,
but if we're to travel from event to event, what else would be needed?

Think of a time that you would wish to visit... a time that you can recall with fondness,
fear, excitement and then attempt to remember the sights, sounds and smells.
If you can do that, why you're time-travelling!

I may come off as a little niave and please forgive me if this doesn't bring anything
rational to the table, but I'm sure that if a machine was to be built to actually carry
a physical being across time, then a 'brain' or 'mind' would have to be involved.

Interesting thread.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Hmmm I wonder why china has banned all movies depicting time travel when they are infact researching on time travel?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Firstly..thanks for the AMAZING response..I thought this was going to go no where ha.
Thank you all for the time you've taken to read through my thread and commented, for me that is enough

Bear with me...I've got a lot of replying to do because I just woke up heh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
reply to post by korathin

Light travels only at a fixed speed in a vaccum..however it can be slowed down.

And yes, indeed...we should be very careful:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d220b2e771e0.jpg[/atsimg]

reply to post by Condemned0625

They show it as a flat grid because it's much easier to visualize. I have no doubt the complexities of that are saved for those either working on it or those who are just too damn clever!

But we can indeed alter space
look at general relativity for instance.

reply to post by starwarsisreal

I have no idea but probably...I mean why wouldn't they want to be in the race as well?
There's nothing stopping them...except for intelligence and money.

edit on 17-4-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Hiya...I'm actually in sixth form, high school in American terms.
There's a stereotype of students...and not all of us are like that!

reply to post by SaturnFX

I'll take the cake please

reply to post by A boy in a dress

BIAD...I love the way you look at it

That indeed is the most simplest way to time travel.

reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Very interesting, no?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you munchkins for again, these amazing responses. It's been fascinating to read all your opinions on it!
Thank you for taking the time to read through my thread.
edit on 17-4-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isochronic
Off topic- my last account got banned after two posts. Oh well im back again and ready to take legal action if this account gets banned.

legal action? heh
you can get banned if the owner simply decides he doesn't like you...this isn't a government run forum (that we know of anyhow...muahahaha)...its some guys personal website..just follow the rules and you should be fine.

Clearly one of those two posts did a mega violation in some respects...but talk to a moderator in u2u's if you need clarification (they are semi-reasonable and helpful...but banned after 2 posts...hmm...sounds like some heavy trolling)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Nice Sunday-post!

Personally I believe time is an effect in the same league as distance or direction; a product of the dimensional frames of space. It can be measured but not manipulated; the speed of ones perception do not effect the speed of time!

But then... I also like to think of distance as not really being physical.

As a musician and producer; I prefer to think of deciBel as height, and time as length...

How many rounds are in a loop?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Fantastic thread, S+F! It's good to see such high calibre coming from the UK. Looking forward to finding the time to read it fully.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join