It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jews and circumcision!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

That makes sense mate and I don't doubt it, I never had any basis for the reducing pleasure thing it was just something I'd heard a couple of times, and you just added another benefit to circumsicion I didn't know about before this thread started so star for that last post, it's good to hear both sides of a discussion from people who actually know what they are talking about

Now stop it already, before you end up convincing me to go and get the chop myself

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The removal of the skin leaves the nerve bundles exposed for a longer duration, if anything it would probably highten the sensation.

The removal of a foreskin leaves the glans exposed to outside, leading to desensitization, so the sensation during sex is lower than in uncircumsized men.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I hear that quite often, and I suppose that is one reason why some men go through agonizing foreskin regeneration practices.
Circumcision was once also considered beneficial because for some reason it was believed it prevented masturbation (which only a few decades ago was widely believed to lead to madness, moral degeneration and even mental retardation).

I can't really comment either way, except to say my sensation is enough, and any more will fire me into orbit.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

The medical reason for circumcision in the early 70s was that the rate of cancer of the penis was only 11% of that of the uncircumcised world.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

Flag The Aboriginal People Before the Europeans arrived.... Precisely how long the Aboriginal people have been in Australia is a matter of some debate. Different archaeological techniques suggest different answers, but all modern assessments tend to agree on two things: the initial arrival was 40,000 or more years ago and there was subsequent isolation from other population groups. Interesting, then, that male circumcision was widespread among the aboriginals, albeit not universal. Aborigines are nowadays presumed to have been in the vanguard of eastward human migration out of Africa, rather than separately evolved. Did they bring with them a custom and practice far older than previously supposed, or did they independently develop the concept of circumcision, or did they, pre-1788, have undocumented contact with Muslims and learn of circumcision from them? The last of these possibilities we can dismiss straight away; Aboriginal rock art depicting circumcision pre-dates Islam. A travelogue written by Robert Scheer, relating a journey made to northern Queensland in year 2000, includes the following [text abridged by CIRCLIST]: The oldest rock paintings... are in the Cape York peninsula of Australia’s tropical north Queensland. They were made by Ang-Gnarra Aborigines as long as 35,000 years ago and were unknown to whites until the 1950s. Most of the pictures were blood red, finger-painted with hematite (powdered iron ore). The pigment had permanently bonded to the sandstone, to remain visible for millennia. An archaeologist from the University of New England led a scientific excavation of a site near Jowalbinna and concluded that it was first used for religious ceremonies 40,000 to 60,000 years ago, although a severe drought caused it to be abandoned about 32,000 years ago and it wasn’t used again until about 12,500 years ago. To understand some of the rock paintings requires a knowledge of secret Aboriginal traditions. One gallery seemed to have an especially mysterious aura. There was a rock wall with a deep undercut at the bottom that formed a shallow cave. Many silhouettes of small handprints stenciled near the entrance indicated that this had been a boy’s initiation place. Allan [the Aboriginal guide] used his walking stick to point out the strange tableau of humanoid figures painted on the ceiling. We had to crouch very low to see them. “Look at this monster”, he said. “A boy would be brought to this place to learn about sexual taboos. Elders would tell him the legend about some poor fella who committed incest and was turned into a hideous creature!” Some of the other figures included a circumcision scene, a voluptuous woman and a man with one of his front teeth knocked out. The coming of age of an Aboriginal boy involved an elaborate ceremony, during which he would be pushed through a dark, narrow opening. There, he was met by tribal Elders, including one dressed as a spirit, who circumcised him. Following the operation, he was not allowed to talk to anyone or touch anyone until his scar had healed. Afterwards, he would be taken away by one of the older women of the tribe, who would teach him about sexual intercourse. © 2005, Robert Scheer and New Age Travel. All Rights Reserved.

source

Just to balance out the link you posted, hence my original comment about the Australian Aborigines practicing this for thousands of years

Wal

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

The removal of the skin leaves the nerve bundles exposed for a longer duration, if anything it would probably highten the sensation.

The removal of a foreskin leaves the glans exposed to outside, leading to desensitization, so the sensation during sex is lower than in uncircumsized men.

Well that would explain why I have never had any complaints and being compared to an olympic athlete.
A man winning a silver medal is probably more of a benefit as it allows his partner to grab the gold and come first.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It's the uncircumcised that rail against the practice.
The circumcised males of the world are fine with it.

Just sayin...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by malacandra

there are 2 choices

or

Either long neck or short neck sweaters

edit on 16-4-2011 by munkey66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well, at least it's not female circumcision which is still practiced to this day in some parts of the world..

And I assume Jews do it to an 8 day old baby is that he won't remember the experience, I know I don't
(and neither does my son) And as for feeling less during sex, well... I wouldn't know, so I can't really comment on that...

But to try and address the original poster's comment...

The "Torah" which is a part of the bible (Torah, Ne'vieim, Ktuvim), at least based on what I know of archeology, was comprised over a long period of time, so it stands to reason that this custom of circumcision was adopted from one of the surrounding people (I do know, and some other posted mentioned it, that Egyptian priests used to circumcise themselves)...

Hope this helps.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join