It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.P. Lovecrafts grave desecration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
after a long disscussion with a friend bout lovecraft (we are rhode islanders) we have been having and open ended disscussion bout the rumors of his grave desecrartion and other urban legends releated to him and his stories. common internet information has leg to some strange conclulsions. i will complie some info when i have time but anyone who can contribute would be greatly welcome. strange one thing that i can think off the top of my head was that around the time of his death cemetaries in and around providence we patroled by armed watch men!

as lynda richmond would say.....talk amongst yourselves

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Lovecrafts grave desecrated???
there's only one possible reason....
CTHULHU DID IT
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e134c1fbe75d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
i kinda left my self open to that one hahaahaha. but isnt he behind everything????????

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Upthepunx
i kinda left my self open to that one hahaahaha. but isnt he behind everything????????

No, sometimes alot of things are started by Eris, one of my all time Favorite Deity's

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
principiadiscordia.com...
ALL HAIL DISCORDIA

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
While Providence's North Burial Ground has opened up to an art exhibit, as we wrote about recently, Providence's Swan Point Cemetery is not a friendly spot for visitors coming to see horror writer and Providence native H. P. Lovecraft's monument and perhaps photograph it.

“Matt sez, "One of my favorite writers, Caitlin R. Kiernan, was the subject of verbal abuse, profanity and homophobic remarks from some sort of security guard when she and her companion went to visit H.P. Lovecraft's grave. The guard attempted to make them delete all of the photographs they had taken, despite the absence of any policy forbidding it. Are cameras like catnip for abusive, power-mad rent-a-cops now?"

((Image: H.P. Lovecraft's grave: Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike photo: StrangeInterlude, Flickr).
taken from-> www.metaboston.com...

the watchmen are very protective of that one area where his memorial stone is and though great attempts of snooping i found out "what remains of his remains" are in the private cemetary adjecent to swan point cemetary. weridly enough, that cemetary is noted as being the "the really rich" private cemetary even so that most locals think its apart of swan point however its not. getting back to my point. lovecraft died in poverty and didnt get a head stone on his orignal grave untill the 70's.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog

Originally posted by Upthepunx

No, sometimes alot of things are started by Eris, one of my all time Favorite Deity's

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
principiadiscordia.com...
ALL HAIL DISCORDIA

i have been turned on to eris thouugh bob wilson and bob shey's illumanits triliogy discordianism is very interesting and the humor is right up my alley!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

That's a D100 sanity loss roll

I love everything Lovecraft and Poe related.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
H.P. Lovecraft's grave on findagrave.com

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
thanx but i dont need it. i live 5 mins from swan point. and his "grave" is just a memorial head stone. i need stoiries and folk tales bout his grave desecration. the internet leads to a dead end and i dont belive that this is a "myth" cause of the secuirty and protection of an obscure horror wrighter who died in poverty. something sticks and i need a little help.

top topics

join