It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Wanna Work,I Wanna Eat,I Wanna Live....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I dont know if this post should be in rant or here so ill just give it a go and see what happens....

If youre reading this then I can imagine that you have read the title and have an idea of what I am about to say...Its getting to the point, at least for me, that the above examples are going to become more and more difficult to achieve. Without the first 2 then the 3rd wouldnt be an option. I am currently unemployed and have been so for longer than I woulda have imagined that I woulda been. The job I had was a very good job that I liked very much and was great py. When I working I had a normal life really,in which I had money to take care of the basics like bills and things like that and have money to allow me and my family to have some fun every once and while. The reason for losing my job is because where I worked it was a consumer based facility.If people werent buying goods that the factory I worked at was making i meant less demand which in return meant less business for the company. So the result was massive layoffs througout he plant and of course I was one of the unfortunite ones. So I had to file for unemployment and I only recieve a portion of what I was making.at my job. It comes down to being about $150 bucks a week less. It went from having extra money to not having enough money to cover everyday exspenses. Its been rough...

So since my layoff I have looking for a job to at least to match in pay what I am recieving with unemployment and have had little to no luck in the area I live. It seems to be getting more and more difficult for anybody really to find a decent job and I am starting to worry more and more that I wont be able to. Im putting alot of stress on myself to be able to take care of my family and the so called "recovering economy" isnt helping much. Boy,is that a joke if I have heard one. I am hoping that I will be able to find one before its too late because eventually the extensions are going to run out. And anoter thing that is worrying me is that they are starting to take some of those extensions away that they gave in the first place ,because of the economy being in shambles, under the false accusations that it is in recovery.which is even more BS.

Another thing that is stressing me out is how the price of everthing is going up and the money I recieve stays the same. The gas prices are becoming even more ridiculas faster than I expected. It seems like they add 15cents everyday when I go to the pump and it just keeps going with no break in increase in the near future if ever. So in return everything else is rising just as fast. Going to the grocery store anymore is starting to be something that actually scares me. I used to be able to go and by groceries for full breakfasts and dinners. Now its like I come out with some tv dinners and a case of ramen noodles. Buying milk is just horendous to me when I spend almost 5 dollars a gallon so my daughter can have it wit her cereal. I am pretty sure that I have decided that I am going to ask my girlfriend to apply for food stamps. I never thought that the day would come that I would have to seek assitance in order to eat. It break my heart and my spirit.

I made this thread not to put out my sad story looking for a pity party but to put out how real people have to struggle just to live while the fat cats just keep getting fatter. For those of you who have steady employment and recieve what is necessary to provide for you and yours I envy you and throw you this advice....Cherish it and do whatever you can to keep what you have because maybe one day you will be in the same boat that myself and countless others are fishing out of and thought we would never be in....

If anyone wants to share their struggle, to work,eat and live,please feel free to. I would like to hear how others are trying to manage to make it and from those who have made it so far to hopefully look at it and see that maybe if my spirit holds up that it could all end up being just a bad dream that I will hopefully be able to awaken from soon...

edit on 14-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Best wishes gdaub23.

Personally, I know of several people in your exact situation.

NONE of them are lazy, incompetent, suckle-on-the-Government's-teet types like all too many people assume. Furthermore, you most certainly don't strike me as that type either.

Good luck friend. I totally hear where you are coming from and wish I could do more than just give you a kudos.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Its tough everywhere, with no break in sight. The grocery stores and their ever increasing prices are a nightmare. I started a huge garden so that will payoff and I am about to start hunting out of season... I work full time and up until 2 years ago made good money... Now i still make the same money but it doesn't cut it anymore. I have a 1 year old and she means the world to me and because of that I need to start thinking outside the box.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

its been bad and its only getting worse...i wish you the best of luck and hope we all make it through the rough times that we are in and that are ahead of us

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I wish you luck friend keep your head up and keep looking. I am doing my very best to keep my tolerable job and trying to go to school. However, lately for me school has been taking the back burner because as days go by I become less and less willing to go through with my studies. I'm getting burned out and tired of competing at school.

And though I am a hard worker at my job, that still doesn't mean I am exempt from getting the pink slip. So days go by I get stuck into the cycle of things:

-Work, Eat, School, Sleep, Exist (too tired to live)

And on top of all of that I'm fighting off my depression on and off.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by anon102

keep your head up ad try your hardest to do the best at your job and school...i cant say that things will be better any time soon but we can always hope and as long as there is still hope there will be something to look forward to...and your still alive...it could be worse and thats what i keep trying to tell myself
edit on 14-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
In the OP's post I can relate on two levels. I was laid off (downsizing) in 2008, and was jobless until 2010. I am still working, but even so; the fuel prices are atrocious and big oil makes loads of cash. Hang in there OP, things will get better for you.

new topics

top topics

join