It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pareidolia, Matrixing, Simulacrum and the Paranormal

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I don't think that at all, you have my respect which is why i am sharing my knowledge with you Here is the population of this web made a little more substantial and colorful..I would much rather share knowledge then parry words and one-upmanship.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

This is the corner of my room, i have many friends that reside with me, many over and around my bed where i spend most of my time.

They have the ability to pass through time and space, with a little help.
edit on 113030p://pm3035 by debris765nju because: photo will not post

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

You my friend are a complete nutbar..
I have seen your pictures..and as usual there is nothing there.

No one else can see what you see yet you continue to post crap....but carry on...don't mind the men in the white coats when they finally come for you...it is for your own good.

Now about the the topic of the OP..I believe that the UFO community is ripe with this subject...I see it all the time.
They just do not use common sense when it comes to their beliefs...it a religion to them as it is to other people and God. Do not question their beliefs or you will be labeled as ignorant, disinfo agent or a sheeple...

edit on 19-4-2011 by kerazeesicko because: changed are to or...ooops

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
One man's crap is another man's fertilizer. It is unfortunate that you cannot understand what i post and that you are visually impaired to the degree that you cannot see the contents in the photos. It is okay, i do not think it makes you a "nutbar."

There are people who are color blind and those who are deaf, but that does not make the colors and sounds go away. You should contemplate why you felt the need to be insulting to a person you do not know and that has done you no harm.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

debris765nju strikes again!

Why do you continue to hijack and troll reasonable threads with your tales from the lunatic fringe and try to make it all about you? Buy a clue... Stop doing it! I do not know of one person here that has ever believed you or is impressed by your antics. You only succeed in annoying others with your delusions and narcissism.

IRM

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

hi irm. i didn't hijack the thread, it was just laying there, then i got in this discussion with masqua and here we are. it is a funny thing, i didn't know i needed permission to post on a public forum nor that there was a limit on the number of replies that i could make to other members.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Something a little more substantial for those of you that are hard if seeing.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Hey there debris765nju, thanks for your post...

Unfortunately though, It seems as though your analysis of what my true intentions are here is slightly off to say the least..

Take what you said here for example:

It is my opinion that this thread is an attempt to explain away a real event captured by a camera, either digital or on film, as a mental delusion

Now everyone is entitled to their opinion after all and I have no issues with that. But that doesn't take away the simple fact that your opinion here is incorrect. This thread is a simple attempt at explaining away common mistakes people make when It comes to the paranormal - the mistake being that something 100% normal is mistaken for something paranormal. This thread isn't an attempt at explaining away something which is real as a mental delusion and no thread I ever make will be such a thing. Believe it or not, I continually post here because I'm here to learn.

I'll go into this in a little bit more detail shortly, but at this point I have to ask, Is there any chance you could be kind enough to quote the piece of text in my OP or anywhere else in this thread where I happened to link seeing faces or experiencing pareidolia specifically as some sort of "mental delusion"?

Actually, you see, that's a rather pointless pursuit in all honesty because you simply won't find such a thing here as I never made such connection. In fact, I believe this is exactly what I said at one point. This quoted from my OP: "You see Paradolia is quite a normal thing. It's the sole reason why people can see facial or familiar looking features in every day objects, It's the reason why we can sometimes hear familiar sounds in white noise and EVP's"

Notice the first sentence in particular. You see, I'm not here to mock people, call them silly names or to explain away real events or anything like that really. Quite the opposite in fact. I just want to see the truth, and I just want to see genuine paranormal evidence.. for once.

This thread has nothing to do with me wishing to explain away real events in the slightest. I'm actually a firm believer that real paranormal phenomenon can and will be posted here on ATS. But I believe that to achieve this, people need to know what is and most importantly, what isn't genuine paranormal phenomenon - And this is where Pareidolia comes in.

It's a normal phenomenon which every single person on earth today should see at some point whether it be seeing familiar shapes in clouds, or seeing a face in an every day object. I'm not saying that those whom see it are crazy or deluded, I'm saying that those whom see it, and then immediately assume It is paranormal are more than likely to be incorrect (Notice I'm not saying that they are definitely incorrect here).

And I mean this with the utmost respect also, but maybe you shouldn't believe that the person (me) who has shared a difference of opinion to you is the one whom is wrong here, but maybe, just maybe, you are the one who is wrong for still holding onto the belief in the way you have done despite a rational explanation such as this being presented and seemingly disproving your conclusion.

Just a thought after all but from reading some of your posts, I get the feeling you should perhaps open your mind slightly and at least entertain the idea that you could be wrong here instead of desperately holding onto your belief despite overwhelming evidence against.

We're all here posting on ATS to learn and progress after all, not simply validate our own beliefs.

Well, that's the idea anyway..

I keep thinking, how can a camera be deluded into taking a photograph of something that isn't there.

This is actually quite a common misunderstanding people seem to make when pareidolia is involved. You see, It's not the camera which is tricked into taking a photograph of something which is not there... It's how we perceive that picture afterwards which is why we sometimes see familiarities. Or if you will, something which is in fact, not there.

It's simply the brain making sense out of chaos as Masqua said. Nothing to do with a camera taking images of something which can't be there unfortunately. Pareidolia works in person just as It works in images, and I cite the first image from my opening posts of this thread as evidence for such a thing. Common images of orbs can be used as evidence of this also - these are probably the greatest of all examples available.

So, despite what you seem to believe, there is in fact no ulterior motive involved here or anything like that really. This is just an attempt at bringing to light a common mistake people make so that in the future, It's a mistake which is less likely to be made.

As I stated before, I want to see genuine paranormal evidence just as much as anyone else here and anyone who actually knows me fairly well on this website, knows how much of a fascination the paranormal is to me and they know I want nothing more than to just see this elusive piece of evidence.. Should it exist of course.

Here's a nice quote I thought of in my OP: To understand what something can be, we must first decipher what It can't be. What I meant by that was to find true evidence of the paranormal, firstly we must make sure people don't fall for common mistakes such as pareidolia, a mistake you my friend have seemingly fallen into going from some of your posts in this thread It would seem.

I look forward to your reply and our pending debate..
edit on 20-4-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Hey there debris765nju, thanks for your post...

Unfortunately though, It seems as though your analysis of what my true intentions are here is slightly off to say the least..

Take what you said here for example:

It is my opinion that this thread is an attempt to explain away a real event captured by a camera, either digital or on film, as a mental delusion

Now everyone is entitled to their opinion after all and I have no issues with that. But that doesn't take away the simple fact that your opinion here is incorrect. This thread is a simple attempt at explaining away common mistakes people make when It comes to the paranormal - the mistake being that something 100% normal is mistaken for something paranormal. This thread isn't an attempt at explaining away something which is real as a mental delusion and no thread I ever make will be such a thing. Believe it or not, I continually post here because I'm here to learn.

I'll go into this in a little bit more detail shortly, but at this point I have to ask, Is there any chance you could be kind enough to quote the piece of text in my OP or anywhere else in this thread where I happened to link seeing faces or experiencing pareidolia specifically as some sort of "mental delusion"?

Actually, you see, that's a rather pointless pursuit in all honesty because you simply won't find such a thing here as I never made such connection. In fact, I believe this is exactly what I said at one point. This quoted from my OP: "You see Paradolia is quite a normal thing. It's the sole reason why people can see facial or familiar looking features in every day objects, It's the reason why we can sometimes hear familiar sounds in white noise and EVP's

I have only quoted the first part of your reply. A mental delusion is a person's mind playing tricks with their understanding of reality. This is what you are claiming "It's the sole reason why people can see facial or familiar looking features in every day objects, It's the reason why we can sometimes hear familiar sounds in white noise and EVP's"

If it is the "sole" reason then that rules out the possibility that any of those events can exist. You said,"Unfortunately though, It seems as though your analysis of what my true intentions are here is slightly off to say the least..
" I call them as i see them, i stand by my analysis of your intentions.

You do not get to decide issues by "FIAT." You see paradolia also extends to your perceptions of who you think you are AND who you think other people think you are. Iconoclastic people frequently fall victim to this malady.

If you had read and understood my posts than you would understand that my personal relationship and interaction with these entities is not some made up pet theory to impress people.

You said,"Now everyone is entitled to their opinion after all and I have no issues with that. But that doesn't take away the simple fact that your opinion here is incorrect. This thread is a simple attempt at explaining away common mistakes people make when It comes to the paranormal - the mistake being that something 100% normal is mistaken for something paranormal. This thread isn't an attempt at explaining away something which is real as a mental delusion and no thread I ever make will be such a thing. Believe it or not, I continually post here because I'm here to learn.

"your opinion is incorrect." Then you proceed to claim that everyone who has experienced the phenomena is incorrect too. You are too much.....
edit on 063030p://am3024 by debris765nju because: to add

This video is me interacting with my paradolia in a productive and unique fashion, it's kind of like owning the only spaceport on the planet. Not really accurate but the best i can describe it.
photo

edit on 073030p://am3056 by debris765nju because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Any chance you could please take the time to edit your post? The entire thing Is one big long quote and It's difficult to see which is my writing and which is yours.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Ok, as you still haven't edited your post to at the very least make it readable I guess I'll just have to go ahead and post anyway. Apologies in advance if I missed any of the points you made..

I call them as i see them, i stand by my analysis of your intentions.

You're analysis was I am purposefully trying to sway truth. How can you believe that? Did you even read my OP - not forgetting my previous post in reply to you?

You do realize not everyone is a dis-information agent also, yes?

You do not get to decide issues by "FIAT." You see paradolia also extends to your perceptions of who you think you are AND who you think other people think you are.

If you had read and understood my posts than you would understand that my personal relationship and interaction with these entities is not some made up pet theory to impress people.

Ok, stop trying to complicate Pareidolia. It's actually a rather simple theory and It works in a very simple way. Please re-read my OP.

And since when was Pareidolia a made up theory used to impress people?

Iconoclastic people frequently fall victim to this malady.

This is what Iconoclastic means:

1. One who attacks and seeks to overthrow traditional or popular ideas or institutions.
2. One who destroys sacred religious images.

So once more, you're not making much sense.

"your opinion is incorrect." Then you proceed to claim that everyone who has experienced the phenomena is incorrect too. You are too much.....

Yes, you're opinion was, IMO, incorrect. And what phenomenon, pareidolia? When did I say everyone who has experienced Pareidolia is incorrect?

Here is actually what I said in my previous post in reply to you, which you seem to have not read: "I'm saying that those whom see it, and then immediately assume It is paranormal are more than likely to be incorrect (Notice I'm not saying that they are definitely incorrect here)."
(Source)

Out of curiosity, why have you added that video also? Once more I find myself saying to you: You're not making sense.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I am not the most computer literate person, i freely admit that. I tend to metaphysical more then the scientific. I was born in 1948 and i have watched as truth' has changed. Many of the things i was taught have since been disproved. They were replaced with advanced knowledge, new theories to better explain old questions. I have not always agreed with those changes.

Notice the first sentence in particular. You see, I'm not here to mock people, call them silly names or to explain away real events or anything like that really. Quite the opposite in fact. I just want to see the truth, and I just want to see genuine paranormal evidence.. for once.

The videos are a response to your desire to see genuine paranormal evidence for once. To me, these are the things you are saying are pareidotal. If you watch the videos, you will see me (as a blue or white image) interacting with these entities.

This thread has nothing to do with me wishing to explain away real events in the slightest. I'm actually a firm believer that real paranormal phenomenon can and will be posted here on ATS. But I believe that to achieve this, people need to know what is and most importantly, what isn't genuine paranormal phenomenon - And this is where Pareidolia comes in.

My pariedotal images block out everything in the room yet people claim to see nothing. When asked what they do see, they won't respond. So i ask you, what do you see in the videos? This is important because i really do not want to talk about theories when i have laid genuine paranormal evidence on the table.

If you can prove that it is imaginary i would be eternally grateful. I will try my best to provide an open mind if you will do the same.

I keep thinking, how can a camera be deluded into taking a photograph of something that isn't there.

This is actually quite a common misunderstanding people seem to make when pareidolia is involved. You see, It's not the camera which is tricked into taking a photograph of something which is not there... It's how we perceive that picture afterwards which is why we sometimes see familiarities. Or if you will, something which is in fact, not there.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

If you can prove that it is imaginary i would be eternally grateful. I will try my best to provide an open mind if you will do the same.

The opening post is proof IMO.

'Pareidolia' isn't just some made up conclusion to genuine paranormal phenomenon after all, that much is clear.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Good post, and glad you wrote it, it needs to be said. As one who has had a great many experiences with seeing, and sometimes talking to the dead, I can tell you, it is very hard to convince anyone without the proper videos and clear photos of the apparition, but truth be known, very few actual photos exist of this phenomena. It seems ghosts have been around me for most of my life, as a small boy, my Mom, a fundamentalist Christian, this was demon activity, and I can remember many times being prayed over to remove the demons from me. Some people just do not understand, and so just refuse to believe there is life after death.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Hey Autowrench, thanks for your post.

it is very hard to convince anyone without the proper videos and clear photos of the apparition

Agreed, and I, myself, despite what some others seem to believe (as I prefer to do threads on what isn't paranormal as opposed to what is) am not a skeptic or a debunker or anything like that - instead, I'm a 100% believer in the paranormal and that's down to nothing but my own experiences. Without them I'd probably be as skeptical as the next guy admittedly.

Being a believer though, I have to admit, I'm more skeptical of what is and what isn't really "paranormal" now (which is odd as It should be the other way around, lol) and It makes me wish to search for genuine paranormal activity much much more (as It doesn't particularly follow me around like you say it does for you). And to find it, I'm a strong believer you need to firstly differentiate between what genuinely isn't genuine and what is by making sure a plausible conclusion can be ruled out - thus making this thread and bringing to light a phenomenon mistaken for the paranormal everyday.

As I said in my OP: To understand what something can be, we must first decipher what It can't be. What I meant by that is, working out what something cannot be (in some instances, pareidolia) in turn helps in finding what is real phenomenon.

As you say, there doesn't seem to be very many photos of videos of genuine activity, but I'm more than confident It's out there somewhere. I know I, myself at least, am still trying to capture it so I can post it on ATS already.

I'd enjoy hearing about some of your experiences as well btw. I always enjoy reading peoples paranormal stories and so on..

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

As I said in my OP: To understand what something can be, we must first decipher what It can't be.

And a few more things....you have to forget what has been pounded into your head all your life, (just your imagination, you are seeing things, what are you smoking...etc) and you have to think with an Open Mind, instead of a Closed Mind. Ghosts are a part of popular culture, as far back as history goes, they are present. So to just disregard because you happen to believe you have only one life and that's it is closed minded thinking. Always remember, a mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open. Closed, you fall.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I believe pareidolia and abilities to see beyond normal appearance is a gift, and can only be disputed by those who can not see or don't want to see out of fear.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by heyitsjude

I believe pareidolia and abilities to see beyond normal appearance is a gift

..And yet we all experience it every single day. Interesting.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I have a few images taken by my cell phone that I would like to share and get some comments on them. I feel like there is a "Spiritual Warfare" being shown to me in my home. What do you think? Thanks!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join