It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heros of ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Most of us just received a U2U that states "nithaiah is your hero".

To be fair, exponent is also our hero, without which nithaiah could have solved the puzzle.

[EDIT]
There seems to be a confusion as to what I was talking about.

First of all there was a mass U2U telling us to "unlock it" then there was a thread on that.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The puzzle got solved so fast. Kudos. I wish I was here when it came out so that I could have participated in the game.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

Another edit -
Sorry I haven't explained.

Here's a post by exponent -

the mystery unfolds above your heads as some will say the smoke will never clear and others see no smoke at all - social rage across the ancient sands spark the great conflict of our time both here and now and future hence - a nation staggers on a divided foundation the result of decades of manipulation and distraction moves again to quadrennial exploitation # these three crises are new for you to examine through debate and exchange - deny ignorance here so that others out there may see your wisdom and come to new understandings - solve the code - answer the question - unlock the forums # bk4d 7d zgx .k6, gl gzf7z3 jvl ;k3gjfd gnzg 3lj.c 5d fdz. # .zdf d5 c.jl3 gzng dfjg3k

Post by nithaiah -

# bk4d 7d zgx .k6, gl gzf7z3 jvl ;k3gjfd gnzg 3lj.c 5d fdz. give me ats link to tarmac ufo picture that could be real

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Then the olive branch shall be shared
by both. Cheers!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I would agree with that sentiment whole
heartidly. At least an honorable mention
and maybe a CID Badge or something.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
No, John Glenn is a hero.
Nikolai Tesla is a hero.
Ghandi is a hero.
Admin sponsored spam cluttering my inbox does not get to tell me who my heroes are.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Originally posted by randyvs Absurd that you've been a member here for so long and to see you make a mimimal thread like this. Fine example.

I suppose you haven't been following the thread today on ATS game to unlock the new forums?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

I agree. Exponent played a very important part and I feel safe in saying that the answer would not have been found as quickly as it was without there help.

Exponent may not have been the one to enter the code first, but their work shall not go unnoticed by me.

Thanks for making this thread DA!

S+F
edit on 13-4-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Most of us got a U2U stating that nithaiah is a hero for solving the puzzle and unlocking the new forums. I wanted to give credit where credit is due.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Nothing minimal about this thread. Nothing minimal about giving credit where credit is due. Nothing minimal about honoring someones hard work.

Randy you are right. This thread IS a fine example. I hope newer members see this fine example of kindness and honor and learn from it.

As I said.Exponent should be honored and honored they are.

Great work!
edit on 13-4-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I don't even know what you guys are talking about. Who is Exponent and what was solved? How does this make this person a hero?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I receive this mass U2U that says "unlock it".

I wasn't on until later then got on and received that and I read through this thread. I got excited at the prospect of trying to solve the puzzle. As I read through, it turns out that there have been a few members who have been working hard on it and exponent is the one who have went halfway to the solution.

Then I just got another U2U that says "nithaiah is your hero" because he is the one who "unlocked" the forums. I just don't want exponent and others to be left out.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
deaf alien,
it might have been wise to post a link to the
unlock thread so folks can relate to what we're
discussing a lot easier. I would do it, but it really
needs to be in the OP if it hasn't been closed for
editing yet

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

yes

and 50,00000000 more for their work and effort in this "game" when is the next one?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Edited the OP. Sorry for the "minimal post". I explained why I think exponent deserves recognition.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
Edited the OP. Sorry for the "minimal post". I explained why I think exponent deserves recognition.

well done my ATS brother.
I think that'll do rather nicely

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I was there in spirit.

Am I an hero?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Oh poop I missed it
Damn you work *shakes fist*

- Phoenix

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Okay the u2u need to expire once it's over. Not only that but I can't be arsed to read anything but threads that have been added only moments prior. If there are more than two pages, I cannot trouble myself to wade through the "2nd line" oneliners. Seriously. I never even saw a puzzle in that thread link by the time I got through the second page.

Can we have an opt-out option for this stuff?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I agree, exponent got the shaft on this. That isn't remotely what I wanted, and it makes me sad that it went down without him getting the credit he is due.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. It's easy to stand on the shoulders of giants. It's easy when somebody else did the hard work. He found the pieces to the puzzle and quantified them.

top topics

join