It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Investigate Parachute Reports In Boston

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   

NewsCenter 5's Gail Huff reported that military police called in reports just after midnight that two parachutists had landed in the yard of the Charles River Park condominium complex. Additional reports indicated there were also parachutists on the top of the Tip O'Neill Federal Building located next door to the FleetCenter.

Before police helicopters arrived, officers on the ground covered the area, sending officers to the roofs of the buildings. SWAT teams went to the top of the federal building. All available state and local officers responded, some with K9 units. Nothing was found and state police said no one was arrested.

Article

What was this, some kind of drill? But why the big security situation afterwards if it was a police drill.....and at midnight?

Hmmmmm, I dunno what to think on this one. Weird!

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If it was a drill, which I suppose is possible, and one branch didn't know what the other was doing, it doesn't inspire a lot of hope that should a situation break out they will all be able to work together effictively.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
If it was a drill, which I suppose is possible, and one branch didn't know what the other was doing, it doesn't inspire a lot of hope that should a situation break out they will all be able to work together effictively.

Yeah, there does seem to be a degree of confusion alright.

''I've covered 10 conventions," said Mark Z. Barabak, a Washington correspondent for the Los Angeles Times. ''There's a lot of confusion. It doesn't seem like anyone knows what's going on."

new topics

join