It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its a bird, Its a plane....... no its THE GOVERNMENT!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Can you even IMAGINE the world in 25 years? If we last 25 more years the iPhone 4 will seem like one of the 1st cell phones (u know the lunch box looking ones). There's going to be a huge surge in the surveillance industry (as if they didn't watch us enough already). I wonder if it will be a law that ANYTHING that moves around a military base/government institution that's not properly chipped/marked will be destroyed. If these things become the norm i don't see any other option.

The robot, aptly named SmartBird, has just been unveiled by Festo, the robotics company known for its bionic animal designs. It has previously created penguins that can communicate with each other to avoid collisions and a robotic elephant's trunk designed to grip objects and safely interact with humans.

Source of external text

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

1984 has nothing on this. Wow, can you imagine a bird camera?

My guess is though that they probably will have/have the technology to create a bug size surveillance camera that could come flying straight in through the window and actually see you typing the words of a post on ATS!!!

When/where will it stop? Firstly we were sold CCTV on the streets for our own protection, but this really does show their ultimate agenda.

God help us all. S & F

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

My guess is though that they probably will have/have the technology to create a bug size surveillance camera that could come flying straight in through the window and actually see you typing the words of a post on ATS!!!

They can already do that from the comfort of the desk..

But these robots are cool and scary at the same time..

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

They're working on it, just give them a "little" (pun intended) time.

edit on 4/12/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: added the 2nd video

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD
If these things become the norm i don't see any other option.

There are many things in this world to worry about, but the Smartbird and the Hummingbird by Festo, are nothing more than funny shaped radio control toys.

What the videos dont show is the noise of the electric motors, and the battery life of only a few minutes.

Comparable technology that you can buy...
S107 for sale
S107 Video

Since the limiting factor is battery technology, the military dont have anything better.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

They can already do that from the comfort of the desk..

But these robots are cool and scary at the same time..

They would be cool if they're used for the right reasons, uncool if it comes flying in when you're in the middle of something intimate!!

We are screwed!!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

There are many things in this world to worry about, but the Smartbird and the Hummingbird by Festo, are nothing more than funny shaped radio control toys.

What the videos dont show is the noise of the electric motors, and the battery life of only a few minutes.

Comparable technology that you can buy...
S107 for sale
S107 Video

Since the limiting factor is battery technology, the military dont have anything better.

These are obviously prototypes, wait until they have perfected it. You wouldn't be able to distinquish it from a real fly!!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

you do realize that DARPA is developing this right? maybe you should google them and see how good they are at doing what they do.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
These are obviously prototypes, wait until they have perfected it. You wouldn't be able to distinquish it from a real fly!!

Notice how in the video, it is powered by wires.
No onboard battery. It would be too heavy.

I stand by my previous statement. Battery technology is the limiting factor, and this reply also goes to the next poster who mentioned DARPA.

Yes, DARPA have some cool stuff, but they dont have magical batteries.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Yes, DARPA have some cool stuff, but they dont have magical batteries.

Maybe they've perfected wireless power transmission..
Tesla started it decades ago..

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Maybe they've perfected wireless power transmission..
Tesla started it decades ago..

nah, check out the web page for AVinc...
www.avinc.com...
and the video and the press release for the Hummingbird.

11 minute flight times for a 16 centimeter object with a weight of 19 grams are exactly that of a modern lightweight radio control toy that you can buy in the shops. The Phantom 6010 toy helicopter is a similar match.

And the video shows it flying and acting just like a radio control toy. The operator is holding what appears to be a radio control unit. Just like the toys.
There is nothing super amazing here that you the public dont have access to as well.

I build my own radio control stuff, so I keep up to date with this.
P.S. The flapping wings are clever, but not like many havnt done it before.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Who's to say that they aren't being powered by nano sized photo voltaic cells? I'm quite sure that battey power
has been consigned to the military dustbin as far as these things are concerned.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

What you don't seem to understand (my friend) is that DARPA is a super secret, ultra funded GOVERNMENT organization.

The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) is an agency of the United States Department of Defense responsible for the development of new technology for use by the military. DARPA has been responsible for funding the development of many technologies which have had a major effect on the world, including computer networking, as well as NLS, which was both the first hypertext system, and an important precursor to the contemporary ubiquitous graphical user interface.

Source (wikipedia)

people know to look for drones, planes and cameras. no one looks for flies, birds or fish.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

S&F
thoui i would like to point out that there is smaller than this
BugBots: video.designworldonline.com...

Smart Dust is already in our environment

Smart Dust - D.A.R.P.A. Military Technology

Smart Dust microchip technology is in the air! You're breathing it!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

So if smart dust has nano sized sensors and processors then imagine what they probably are ALREADY doing with that electronic fly. Top Secret means they're not going to tell you.

top topics

join