It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death toll in Belarus subway blast reaches 12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Death toll in Belarus subway blast reaches 12

m.yahoo.com

Belarus' Health Ministry says the death toll from a subway explosion in the Belarusian capital has reached 12 after another victim died at a hospital.

The Health Ministry said that 126 victims of Monday's blast have been hospitalized, and 22 of them remain in critical condition. Viktor Sirenko, the chief doctor of the Minsk Emergency Hospital, said Tuesday that many victims had their legs or arms missing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Once again another tragedy! Why is that Explosions are starting to happen underground and in subways! I've begun to notice it more and more throughout the years.

Can someone please explain to me what you think about this?

Was it an attack or just an explosion?

I think it was some kind of attack. A subway just doesn't explode out of the blue.

m.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
probably anti-government people.

lukashenko's govt is corrupt for sure, but violence isn't the answer.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by descartes90

Well said! Second

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi

Why is that Explosions are starting to happen underground and in subways! I've begun to notice it more and more throughout the years.

Can someone please explain to me what you think about this?

Hundreds, if not thousands of people, densely packed in a sealed, underground container. Its sick, but its an ideal place to set off a bomb for maximum carnage.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CalmAsHinduCows

Exactly and that's the reason I believe this was an attack!

It's ridiculous that people do such things in This world.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
This is very sad. Lukashenko rules Belarus with an iron fist. I stayed there a few month. I don't think I met a single person who approved of him.

I've no idea who planted the bomb. It's being blamed on gov't opposition... I don't know. Could be anything, even a false flag.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by squandered
This is very sad. Lukashenko rules Belarus with an iron fist. I stayed there a few month. I don't think I met a single person who approved of him.

I've no idea who planted the bomb. It's being blamed on gov't opposition... I don't know. Could be anything, even a false flag.

It's being blamed on gov't opposition... I don't know. Could be anything, even a false flag.

Its true amercia has funded the opposition with alots of money, remember these so called opposition groups are nothing more then sell offs to the united states of amercia.

Lukashenko continues to face domestic opposition from a coalition of opposition groups supported by the United States and Europe. The United States Congress has sought to aid the opposition groups by passing the Belarus Democracy Act of 2004 to introduce sanctions against Lukashenko's government and provide financial and other support to the opposition.[86]

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Why America, why???

Call me naive but that doesn't make sense. How is America is finding the opposition and how much?

To suggests that the opposition parties have financial backing from the American gov't, may not even be relevant unless they have a hand in the bombing, which makes no sense at all. There's nothing to be gained. Belarus has lot's of lakes and is quite an orderly place where the poor are very poor, but their lifestyle isn't bad at all. I see no gain for America at all. I see lot's to be gained by Lukashenko.

Whilst I'm on the topic I find it odd that they are described as friendly with Iran since Iran wants to destroy Israel. Russian Jews are the most problematic Jews and Belarus is full of Jews. They protected them during WWII.

It's a country with almost no resources that owes its existence to Russia's benevolence. They more or less, see themselves as being Russian and that isn't going to change soon, if ever...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by squandered

Why america why!? you must ask, well its simple, america wants to control all of eupore, tell me this if World War II is over, why are there 900 or more american bases still in eupore?

As for america funding opposition parties you can thank the NED for that

the National Endowment for Democracy, has been both criticized by the left and the right parties in the states calling it a CIA front network for meddling in other countries businesses.

To suggests that the opposition parties have financial backing from the American gov't, may not even be relevant unless they have a hand in the bombing, which makes no sense at all. There's nothing to be gained. Belarus has lot's of lakes and is quite an orderly place where the poor are very poor, but their lifestyle isn't bad at all. I see no gain for America at all. I see lot's to be gained by Lukashenko.

The National Endowment for Democracy or any other similar groups there goal is to make sure that every nation on earth is democratic and has pro Washington.

Now heres a question for you last year in east Germany over 50 to 60% of east germans have said in poll that there lives were much better in east german then the unification of germany of today.

Atleast in east germans most of the things were free and you could still have a job, unlike today so what do you say about that?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I've been to eastern Europe. Life is harsh, but mainly because they were brutalised by the communist regime.

if you take Russia as an example, the cronies were replaced by the oligarchy (so called Russian Mafia). The movers and shakers got where they are from terror, violence and murder. It's taken a while for the middle class to stabilise and the corruption to be too big to care about the average person.

I understand that the American bases are a deterrent. You should realise how often countries and areas in Europe change hand. I don't see America's occupation as an abuse of power, although I agree that they like to throw their weight around.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

KGB chief Vadim Zaitsev said the suspected bomber, a young man, had been detained along with two accomplices and suggested that the attack may have been the work of a mentally imbalanced person with a grudge. In televised remarks, he called the chief suspect a "sick person" who may have carried out the bombing "in order to satisfy his personal ambitions."

Link

It wasn't America.

Personally, I'm tired of American ethnocentrism. Honestly whether you love or hate America it's important to realise that world doesn't revolve around that country. There are other countries...

The case is all but solved.

new topics

top topics

join