It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW! Ghost Video! (Ross Bay Cemetery)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I ghost hunt every weekend and the place I visited this time was Ross Bay Cemetery in victoria B.C. I wanted to locate the graves of some famous local people that were buried here before it got dark so I'd be able to go directly to them after it got dark. Unfortunately I didn't find any of them because the cemetery was just too big to find then in time. It covers 27 acres of land and apparently there are more than 27,000 people buried there. I'll definitely have to go back there again. I did find an anomaly in one of the photos that's intriguing and it was around this time that I was telling any spirits around me to go in front of the camera. I felt a distinct presence behind me immediately after that, but I stayed calm. I just kept snapping pictures.

edit on 10-4-2011 by Verideecimo because: Changed Title

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I work at a Funeral Home , I'm a grave digger , I have seen balls of light hovering above the graveyard usually around dusk . It has become a common thing for me. It's just the spirits hanging around waiting to watch their own funeral, then they usually move on.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
That was pretty cool. I thought you were just showing the moon for a minute until you zoomed in on it.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
That was pretty cool. I thought you were just showing the moon for a minute until you zoomed in on it.

I thought the same thing for a second. And then once i saw it wasn't the moon, I immediately went to thinking UFO. I spend too much time on this website.

I really liked the pre-nighttime pictures, it looks like a lovely area.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Verideecimo

I would assume it's just a leaf that reflected the flash for some reason. It's right on the line of the branch so very possible. I'm not going to say it's a certainty though, as I do believe in ghosts and it could very well be something more than my hunch.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveWx3

It's a beautiful cemetery right on the ocean side. The history of the cemetery is pretty interesting as well. I was researching it for an hour prior to going out there. I took a bunch of pictures angled that high towards the sky simply to eliminate the distant lights from homes on the horizon so there was no lamp post or anything else in that photo. I got lucky and caught some energy there.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by scojak

That's one interesting leaf. What about the thousands of other leaves that I took pictures of? There was plenty of dust and moisture in the air there, so why didn't that stuff react like the one picture. Can't be disproven.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I actually really just like your photos
its a interesting light anomaly, I'm not sure what it could be. It does have a non static energy look to it.....
Victoria BC is a beautiful place int he world, Id like to visit again some day

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
is it possible that you caught an airplane?
You are in Victoria, Ive never been to that side of our country but Im pretty sure there is an international airport there no?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by esqONE

I do this all the time. In that I mean I'm an experienced photographer and take notice to my environment prior to taking pictures. There wasn't any air traffic at the time the photo was taken. Besides, you can clearly tell the source of the light is at and around the same distance of the branches.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verideecimo
I ghost hunt every weekend and the place I visited this time was Ross Bay Cemetery in victoria B.C. I wanted to locate the graves of some famous local people that were buried here before it got dark so I'd be able to go directly to them after it got dark. Unfortunately I didn't find any of them because the cemetery was just too big to find then in time. It covers 27 acres of land and apparently there are more than 27,000 people buried there. I'll definitely have to go back there again. I did find an anomaly in one of the photos that's intriguing and it was around this time that I was telling any spirits around me to go in front of the camera. I felt a distinct presence behind me immediately after that, but I stayed calm. I just kept snapping pictures.

edit on 10-4-2011 by Verideecimo because: Changed Title

Thanks for sharing

I saw two faint orbs in some of the earlier pictures before you pointed out the glowing one.
One of them was in a tree up high also

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
edit on 10-4-2011 by jacobe001 because: duplicate

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

I actually really just like your photos
its a interesting light anomaly, I'm not sure what it could be. It does have a non static energy look to it.....
Victoria BC is a beautiful place int he world, Id like to visit again some day

Thank you. I think it's important to make the whole video enjoyable and not just say here's a ghost picture, just flash the image of what I think I caught and then end the video. I love the west coast's beauty and ruggedness and definitely want to thoroughly investigate the whole region I live in for paranormal activity before I move from here. Thank you for commenting.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

Thanks for the comment and for viewing. Yes, I know there are a lot of orbs that I didn't focus on, only because the main image featured in this video was a little more convincing in my opinion than just a regular orb. I also had about 80 more photos I didn't include in the video from that cemetery that have orbs riddled all throughout them, but I wanted to get the video up with that image. It's time consuming going through all the individual photos.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verideecimo
reply to post by esqONE

I do this all the time. In that I mean I'm an experienced photographer and take notice to my environment prior to taking pictures. There wasn't any air traffic at the time the photo was taken. Besides, you can clearly tell the source of the light is at and around the same distance of the branches.

Upon further inspection of the photo I noticed that the anomaly is actually on the camera side of the branch. That would rule out any distant craft or heavenly bodies.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveWx3

Originally posted by onehuman

I thought the same thing for a second. And then once i saw it wasn't the moon, I immediately went to thinking UFO. I spend too much time on this website.

I really liked the pre-nighttime pictures, it looks like a lovely area.

At first glance I did think it was the moon. I was looking at a few other pictures for approximately an hour after getting in before I zoomed in on that one. It did look to be around the size the moon would be in the sky initially. Most of my catches have required thorough analyzing. I haven't found anything extremely obvious yet. I'm still waiting to catch that one photo that makes all the effort worth while. I won't find anything if I don't look.

new topics

top topics

join