It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any connection between Chinas ghost cities and the Japan disaster??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
A few months ago I stubbled upon articles about China building empty cities. These are real, ready built cities that are only missing one thing... people.

If Japan keeps crumbling and evacuations become more wide spread the people we have to go somewhere.

Could advance knowledge of this disaster be the reason China started building these cities years ago??

This is a link with pics for those unfamilar with what China is doing

www.wnd.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
good thread,that is just bloody creepy,my imagination is running wild now..thx

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I cant see the Japanese moving to China, they both hate each other and most Japanese people have an education and skill set that would make them viable citizens of most western democratic states. I doubt they would jump at the chance to live under the red curtain of misery

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I passed over an article awhile ago that posed an explaination as to why they had these ghost cities. If anyone can find info on that it would be appreciated.

I would not go so far as having them pre made for Japan. That would insinuate that this was pre planned. It could be argued but I don't think it was.

If you want to entertain that idea then you should be grabbing your pitchfork and go because if there are those that would do such a thing they would need to be taken down.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Ill include some more links with some iincredible photos... wish I knew how just post up pics here but havent figured it out yet...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.businessinsider.com...

Better yet I found it being discussed here awhile ago

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Nice find, and quite intersting

I don't know if it is preparation or just a front for future funding and quota growth.

Google Earth photographs of China depict city after city of vast complexes consisting of office skyscrapers, government buildings, apartment buildings, residential towers and homes, all connected by networks of empty roads – with some of the cities located in China's truly most inhospitable locations.

Read more: Why is China building eerie 'ghost cities'? www.wnd.com...

Why the most inhospitable area? That sounds like they never plan to fill them with citizens. Maybe you are right, they are for refugees from Japan and/or N Korea maybe? Maybe they think thy will continue to grow at a rapid pace?
Here's some relative vids:

Here's one on the largest mall in the world, which resides in one of these ghost towns

Related Article

Peace,
spec

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
These cites were built assuming that the middle class would be able to afford living in them and expand. Unfortunately the property in these cities cost to high. The biggest mall in the world is located in one of these cities and has hardly been used for 6 years. This is appears to be bursting market bubble that will dwarf all others. It hard to understand how it hasn't had a massive impact on their economy.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If japan needs a place to go, we can always sell them Florida. Good industrial people with a nice culture and some serious attention to education. win/win...sadly, they have alot of work ahead of them tearing down the crap buildings and building quality structures in its place.

Anyhow, ya...China is pretty much a no-go. like suggesting maybe israel can go hang out in iran (not great friends)...not as bad as that, but frankly, not that far off under the surface.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yes they sure do hate each other china and japan defiantly have hard feelings towards each other. I think those city's might be in case of a disaster in there own country.I know one thing I'm really puzzled.In my city they can barely maintain infrastructure let alone build a whole city for no one to live in.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Sounds like some of them do have many people.

macrobusiness.com.au...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Thank you for this post, OP!!! I had never heard of this before....very interesting. It seems they were expecting an economic boom, but it ended up not happening. It seems kind of a dumb thing to do, but I would not think that they would do something that dumb, and then continue to build. Makes you wonder why they would continue to spend that much money on something that has such a slim chance to pay off in the near future.

It makes me think that they know something we don't. I mean, if you only had $200 to your name and you knew that your area was about to go through a major earthquake or something....you wouldn't pay your bills and instead take that $200 and get as much food and water as you could....

hmmmm....

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
There was a show on Discoverey Channel awhile back called Life After People..

It was a great show but one of the things that stuck out to me was how fast buildings fall apart if they arent used and maintained. In as little as five years some of these buildings could no longer be safe to occupy.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
good post
another article and photos here

host city: Kangbashi was meant to be the urban centre for wealthy coal-mining community Ordos and home to its one million workers, but its roads are eerily empty and the houses stand vacant

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Apparantly they could be eco-cities

an article from 2005: British to help China build 'eco-cities'

British engineers will this week sign a multi-billion contract with the Chinese authorities to design and build a string of 'eco-cities' - self-sustaining urban centres the size of a large western capital - in the booming country.

Arup, the London-based consulting firm that has already signed up for one such project near Shanghai, will announce it has clinched a deal to extend the concept into a string of cities around China.

The eco-cities are regarded both as a prototype for urban living in over-populated and polluted environments and as a magnet for investment funds into the rapidly growing Chinese economy.

source

EDIT
and this
Tianjin Eco-City In China: The Future Of Urban Development?
www.huffingtonpost.com... 2.html#s221860
edit on 10-4-2011 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Now that makes a little more sense, and some of those cities do look kind of advanced. Maybe they are preparing for a worse case scenario where they have to be self-sufficient, and why not build entire cities that are.
Maybe that is why they are in "the most inhospitable areas."

Peace,
spec
edit on 10-4-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

the city will have an advanced light rail transit system and varied eco-landscapes ranging from a sun-powered solarscape to a greenery-clad earthscape for its estimated 350,000 residents to enjoy.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
floating eco city, very pretty!

top topics

join