It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS advertising Mountain Dew?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Apologies if this is in the wrong place but i thought it would be best put here.

What i want to know is why ATS is advertising Mountain Dew as its a product of Pepsi, we know that some Pepsi drinks contain aspartame which is the toxic chemical sweetener and they have admitted in 2003 that their drink contains trace amounts of alcohol which they are happy to sell to children and muslims.

This link covers more www.talewins.com...

But the aspartame chemical comes from a compny called Monsanto, so lets check these guys out

On January 15, the Obama Justice Department launched an anti-trust investigation against the corporate behemoth over its next generation of genetically modified "Roundup Ready" soybean seeds. The very next day, the U.S. Supreme Court agreed to hear the case Monsanto v. Geertson Seed Farms, which challenges the safety of genetically modified agricultural products -- the centerpiece of the Monsanto empire. If the investigation fails, farmers will have to switch over to the next generation of Roundup Ready seeds in 2014. And the cycle of corporate abuse and monopolization will continue.

So why arent ATS helping the smaller independant companies instead of the corporate untrustworthy giants?

Lastly here is a link to a documentary called Sweet Misery which goes further into this chemical from these companies and its effects i hope ATS will consider it.
video.google.com...#

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
gotta pay for the site somehow...and even tho mountain dew isnt the best thing for you,i know it helps me with being able to search the site all night...and also, it just tastes good..

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMajestic

That might be better than nuclear California oranges.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMajestic

I believe the answer to your question in your OP is ... Money talks, everything else walks.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
In agree that aspartame is bad for you but nobody twists your arm to drink it.

As for alcohol being in Pepsi? As far as I know it is only in the Vanilla extract used to make Vanilla Pepsi
and cherry vanilla Pepsi. Vanilla extract is 36% alcohol so how much is REALLY in the soda? 1-2 drops of alcohol? Not even enough to worry about.

Much worse things to worry about if you want to worry about what chemicals go in AND on your body.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Though I think it would be awesome if ATS made sure to only except advertising from good company's but it would be really hard for ATS to keep track of what good or bad and then try and pay the bill just off the good ones. you can find bad stuff every where and as economy's fall it's going to get worse because company's will be forced to by cheaper and cheaper products to make there items with. Me and my Wife try to keep our kids safe from the bad crap but it's hard to from toys to food you have to research everything about the company all the way to the products they produce and it's not easy.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Aspartame would only be used in the diet versions of the drinks anyway. And like was said, nobody is twisting anybody elses arm to drink anything with aspartame in it. I drink one 24 oz. bottle of Mt. Dew every day for the caffeine to get me through the work day. Anything in moderation is not bad for you.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Why not?

Mountain Dew is delicious.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I like the Thow-back Mountian Dew!!!

It has the best flavor with natural sugar.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Just think of it this way. Mountain Dew brings money to ATS, and we get to disclose info regarding MD producers...
If we don't drink it, everybody wins, no?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
gotta pay for the site somehow...and even tho mountain dew isnt the best thing for you,i know it helps me with being able to search the site all night...and also, it just tastes good..

I agree, been drinking the stuff more then 25 years...

new topics

top topics

join