It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should have built on moon instead of the ISS...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Nice graphic and long overdue here for the people that think NASA's budget is draining their tax dollars for stupid space research, (and getting communication satellites up there to make their internet and TV connections 'elevated').

Thankyou I think NASA is great just look at what they have done with so little money

-Kepler
-ISS
-Hubble
-JWST
-Cassini
-Mars Rovers

And many many more!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
There are already inhabitants on the moon......

They don't like neighbors!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well I agree a Moon base would have been a more effective 'platform' from which to facilitate our continued manned Space Exploration efforts. This thread has caused me re examine an old thread of mine postulating existence of such bases. Yet Another Moon Theory

I had always felt a mining operation to process the moon's purported vast source of Helium-3 for the purpose of non radioactive fusion would have played a vital part in developing a safer, cleaner energy resource. Granted the cost of returning said fuel back to Earth poses cost effectiveness issues with current propulsion schemes. Also since my thread, the Saa Launch facility has run into financial problems and I had theorized it's remote launch capabilities might have facilitated secretive supply missions to our theorized bases.

Great thread premise, it has caused me to revisit a few old ideas. Thanks.

edit on 10-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Normally I'm one of the few people that are open about building and constructing the world around us. And yes, that includes for oil.

There are a few places that should not be built on or messed with however..

Near faultlines < They don't need any help going off, they're doing just fine on their own. It "sucks" that many oil deposits are relitively close to faultlines. We need oil to survive at this point and time. So that's fine to dig for oil imo, but Atomic plants, electric plants, or dams shouldn't be even near them.

Very far into the Earth's crust < Doing so could set a situation in motion that humans cannot stop. Think of a wound that you can't heal.

The Moon < We've been there all of a handfull of times, yet we know enough about it to move right in? If it becomes unbalanced, or somehow the extra weight creates a spinning motion the whole Earth would be in danger. There are other varibles that we may not understand as well, and it might be one of the reasons there isn't much worry about going back or building there. Not to mention the expendatures of such a feat.

I think India talked about it after finding a giant hole there they could use as a shelter, but they might find out why NASA didn't build to begin with. I for one think the ISS was the ideal way to approach space exploration without being quite as risky. If you have to walk through a lions den, do you just run through, or look around to see where they are first? Being invasive will get you killed.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

edit on 10-4-2011 by Amperage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join