It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"BS! God's got horns!" (or: The Emperor Wears No Clothes!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

No... You are just wrong buddy. WRONG.

W
R
O
N
G

Three quarters of my graduating class from university and at least half my graduating class in law school smoked regularly (4+ times a week) while in school. The few I am still in contact with smoke. Every lawyer in my law office loves the herb.

Cannabis is not the problem. The person smoking it is the problem, if there is one.

For example, a kid goes to school smokes some grass then gets bad grades because he didn't study, don't blame the grass. Blame the idiot kid that MADE THE DECISION to not study. What that kid does is his own business, not mine, not yours, not anyone's. The grass didn't make him not study, his own brain did it. Tot he people that retort with, "But if he didn't smoke he would have studied and got good grades." Its all hypothetical, you don't know that and can never know.

See the problem here is not the drug itself, it is the attitudes of people looking for someone, anyone to blame.

Now in terms of the legalities of the re-schedule, it will never work. The past decade has been a boom for the 420 friendly peoples. More and more people openly smoke, admit to it, or just don't care one way or another. If something like this were to be announced publicly then acted upon the activists that have been so successful in getting their views out would grow in number. This would in turn increase the pressure to legalize even more. Its like a chain reaction, once they start the slippery slide they know it will be impossible to stop.

The wrench of course is always MONEY. If they can make more money keeping it illegal, they will. Which they can. I just don't see Big Pharma making enough money off their crappy THC pills for this to be legit.

-Lightrule

<< 1   >>

join