It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living in a Game

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I don't see how how the Flintstones fall in here. Think of RTS games more like the board game Risk, but electronic. Hito, I too was under the influence and looking back, I should probably stay away from the computer next time

Thanks for your concerns OneEleven. I wasn't insulted but you seem to jump to the conclusion that I'm somehow living in a game world or obsessed with gaming in general. Please read the first sentence of my thread. Yes I do like to play Command and Conquer when I get a chance. Probably once a month or so since pharmacy school and a full time hospital job take a lot of time from your day. Hopefully one day you too will hear that voice of reason telling you to stop blindly criticizing others.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If it's a game it's a #ty one... i hate a game with only one life...
you only get to play once... Imagine all the things we can not experience because we are afraid of maybe we will die. so much to lose if you snooze...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneEleven
i find it both sad and reassuring that it took a role playing game to teach you about real life....

Sad in it's irony. Here you sit, consumed by your game. A game more interesting than life outside of the game, while outside, the game itself is being created by LIFE.

You're going in circles my friend. A deadlocked pattern.

Reassuring because you're learning about real LIFE, one way or the other. By whatever means necessary i say. If it takes a game, so be it. But you're learning the hard way, and it's taking much too long.

It's not, "Oh SH*T, life is just like my game!!!"....it's, "Oh SH*T, this game is just like real life."

Open the window. The newest version of your game is out there.

he was using the game as a metaphor you knob.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by robile

We are living in a holigraphic game, called God's Nentendo.
Great thread and I will continue to read, fun, Thanks FS

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I think this thread needs more attention. Very cool concept.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by robile

In response to your OP and OP+1,

"So what is the next move?"

What you are describing is an example of man's ongoing relationship with technology and perhaps the next step is A.I. The scenarios you described are inevitable, the "war game resource competition complex", if I understood it correctly, was about 40 years after the Chilean 1973 prototype called "Cybersin". en.wikipedia.org...

The control of economics with technology - exactly as how you described? Not exactly but very very similar indeed.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by robile

LOL. I just realized this thread was from Apr, 8 2011 and this OP is prolly long gone by now. So bumping an almost 3 year old thread was a mistake!

Although I have to admit that the thread title does have some potential and the OP may have been 3 years ahead of his time.

Maybe the OP was a time traveller?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
How come this thread got so much negative attention? A lot of people have pondered this kind of concept at one point in their lives...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

3u40r15m
How come this thread got so much negative attention? A lot of people have pondered this kind of concept at one point in their lives...

You want to write an autopsy for this thread? I'll bet every poster is dead and gone by now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join