It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-D Map of the Earth created 120 million years ago?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

so...it's a 3-D map of the Ural mountains. Not the world. misleading title, but great find nonetheless. I always pause when the article says "which is supposed to be XX million years old." Why is it supposed to be? who dated it? what was the process? IS the rock used for the slab that old? how can you tell how old the actual tooling is?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
If this was so ground breaking and real it wouldn't have taken 10-15 to be made public.

To top that off--I don't even recognize what it is. Hoax.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

Hey Rico, the link Kingalbrecht provided has some good information from the interview with Chuvyrov - you might be able to find some additional background on this with web searches:

AF: Let us talk about dating. If it is a product of an advanced civilization, to what time window must we associate it?

AC: The dating of the map is extremely important. I am anxious to recall to you that the dolomitization of the Oural ended some 250 million years ago and that the shellfish applied in this process belong to the family of the Narcopsina celote of the family of the Gyroideae. These shellfish appeared on the Earth 180 million years ago and became extinct 60 million years ago. Here is the times window inside which the shellfish were placed – note that : I say were' placed' and not' fossilized' - in the map.

We next have archéomagnétic measures that furnish the following indications: the edge of the map is oriented towards the magnetic center, while the direction of the geographic center drawn on the map is located at an angle of 22 degrees from magnetic center. We can discover the age of the rock pad thanks to 1)the Hiebert curves, that determines the position of the magnetic center at a given moment. If the calculations are good, the magnetic center was located on the peninsula of Yamal in Russia the moment the map was produced.

And that dates back to 120 million years. Dating corresponds perfectly to the times window of which we have just spoken about If such is the case, a carbon 14 dating is a useless test because this test is incapable to designate a date older than 46,000 years. Indeed, the fossilized intestines of the shellfish were carbon 14 tested but, because of their great age, the response was null. Even argon and uranium dating revealed themselves not to be very reliable. The archéohydrologic analysis showed that for the last 60 million years the hydrographic system already was such as it is on the map.

Maybe if it had been only a hundred years old (when the rock appeared for the first time) it would have required a very intelligent geologist, able to understand and to apply the law of Coriolis, to use the imagery by satellite and of mastery nanotechnologies and the chemistry of the materials. But if such was the case, he would have left notes and files for posterity, given the huge work load that would have been needed. We know Plato, Léonardi da Vinci and of other geniuses of the past but we do not know nothing of the creator of this wonder.

Thanks for contributing!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I've heard of this before. Long ago. The Russians were commonly ignored by western scientists because of their liberal inclinations. I think this is the reason nothing has ever been done about the find. Personally I believe that the earth has seen at least three cycles of humanity. Stone age with legends all the way to nukes and then starting over again because we destroyed ourselves. It makes for interesting old stories and explains why only those peoples who tend to remain unchanged, the aboriginals, remember the folk lore.

Universities have to be very careful about what they proclaim. They may be mostly liberal but the source of their money is usually conservative.

Pity we are so inhibited.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Despite the fact that your opinion on this topic carries much weight, I have to disagree.

We've seen plenty of things memory-holed or otherwise never make the light of day for a multitude of reasons. I'm still waiting to see how it develops, but if Rossi's cold fusion is outright validated, I wouldn't be suprised if we don't end up never really hearing much of anything about it in the media.

Then you've got all sorts of archeological examples, OOPARTS that get buried in museums, anomalies that call into question our understanding of earth's history (anomalous dating, human artifacts in material/strata they should not exist in, and so on).

Things overly-inconvenient for the current paradigm tend to get disregarded without most people ever being made aware. I like to follow Paul's dictum, "Prove all things, hold fast that which is true". This I haven't seen proven one way or the other yet, but if anyone has additional information to help settle this, I'd appreciate it.

So remember, deny ignorance! Don't give into it because you're currently in a state of it on certain topics.

Be well.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It’s very possible that we were the advanced civilization and sent out explorers. Then some catastrophic event happened and destroyed civilization as we knew it. Things had to start over. Now the aliens we are seeing are the explorers that we sent out to other galaxies coming back home. There have been discoveries in archeological digs of ancient but highly advanced equipment like, in California, a rock was cracked open but instead of a fossil, out fell an object that looks like a spark plug. The rock had been dated at around half a million years old. There are many of these findings that can’t be explained.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Interesting but you just don't know what to believe anymore.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Interesting but you just don't know what to believe anymore.

Thats why it us useful to learn things for yourself.
You dont need to become an expert in the field, but enough so that you get a good groundwork for understanding.
Astronomy,
physics,
chemistry,
history,
geology,
anthropology
...etc... all useful things to spend time learning. So you can judge for yourself.

Then you'll understand why this "120 million year old map" is bull# of the most retarded order.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1Useek
... like, in California, a rock was cracked open but instead of a fossil, out fell an object that looks like a spark plug. The rock had been dated at around half a million years old. There are many of these findings that can’t be explained.

Can, has, been, explained.
The people who have the artifact lied. It wasnt a "rock", and the "cant be explained" explanation is that it actually a 1920's era Champion spark plug.
The whole story here...
www.talkorigins.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I did some more digging on this and at the least, it doesn't appear to be a hoax. If it is, it's a good hoax, anyway - so far I'm not able to find anything suggesting anyone's debunked it in the last 12 years, and I also found some russian websites talking about it.

You'll probably have to run them through Google translate, but these have some more information to browse through on this. Anyone familiar with russian news to be able to tell is this is something like National Enquirer?:

Russian article 1

Russian article 2

Thanks everyone.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Wouldn't surprise me in the least. You don't have to go back millions of years to see that we thrived at a higher level of intelligence just thousands of years ago.

The maps that have been found that show Antarctica without ice is one example.
The Antikythera Mechanism found off Greece that is designed to calculate astronomical positions.
The Baghdad Batteries - 2000+ year old batteries.
The Vimanais uses Sanskrit to tell about ancient flying machines.

These are a few from a bigger list and some still ignore what this tells us. Our race has risen and fallen in the past only to start over again. These are mostly likely technologies from an ancient time passed down. There is no telling how much was lost. Imagine a cataclysmic event today and who and what would survive to carry on. If 99 percent of the population died and lets say a tribe from the Amazon and few others happened to survive due to location or seclusion how long do you expect it would take for humans to build back up to where we are now? 30-40 thousand years? More?

How much of today's skyscrapers, planes and cars would last through out the erosion of time if it all building stopped now? We know anything Stone stands the test of time but rust, sun and the weather would take care of most everything else with in 10 thousand years. Perhaps this is why our ancestors built everything of importance out of stone and made sure to put writings on clay and stone tablets or scrolls. Everything today is more and more digital. Ebooks, audiobooks, cds, dvds, and fewer and fewer paper products. Don't get me wrong, plenty of paper still exists but for how much longer with the rate of digital decay happening?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Just to add some fuel, I've always been intersted in these nanospirals that are also from the same region.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
These type of threads are why i keep coming back to ATS,120 million years old ?? why hasn't this been mentioned in the MSM,i know alot is theory & the piece on it is a few years old but in my book this is massive news.

i don't think you could compare with todays landscape,some land might be slightly the same but most will look almost completely different.

so when something like this is found do they just give up researching it or told to shut up ?? ..seems not much has been said lately about the find

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
120 million years ago, wouldn't the rivers and stuff change dramatically by now?

also, if people were around and then we lost touch with that group, let's say. the problem is, after 1 million years, we would have evolved. even now, the peoples as a whole are changing. we are getting taller and bigger, and they theorize eventually we could lose all our hair and all end up one tan-like colored skin. sort of hawaiian looking but everyone is hairless.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just look on page one... I posted pictures, with some explanations, of where this map might be found on a modern one. Take a look and read a few posts, people!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Great Find OP! S&F

I have a theory talking about how Earth could have been the beginning of all Intelligent life, where Intelligent life on Earth begins hundreds of millions of years ago. If this were true it would allow the possibility of a previous civilization to have advanced much further than our own, giving them the capability to leave Earth to survive a global disaster and allow them to continually advance to this day.

True it may sound crazy but everyday more artifacts are being found that when dated, show to be increasingly older and older.

Originally posted by D1Useek
It’s very possible that we were the advanced civilization and sent out explorers. Then some catastrophic event happened and destroyed civilization as we knew it. Things had to start over. Now the aliens we are seeing are the explorers that we sent out to other galaxies coming back home. There have been discoveries in archeological digs of ancient but highly advanced equipment like, in California, a rock was cracked open but instead of a fossil, out fell an object that looks like a spark plug. The rock had been dated at around half a million years old. There are many of these findings that can’t be explained.

This is basically what I was saying, except that that whole spark plug incident turned out to be a hoax, otherwise could agree more with your post.

edit on 9-4-2011 by Lakai.Limited because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2011 by Lakai.Limited because: Added quote

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It's a hoax, originating with the tabloid, Pravda.

This topic has been discussed many times before. Please check the threads in the "has this been posted about before" topic and add to one of those discussions.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join