It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man killed in, on board royal navy nuclear submarine shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

A Royal Navy crewman has been killed and another is in a life-threatening condition after a shooting on board nuclear submarine HMS Astute.

A third Royal Navy serviceman was arrested after police were called to Southampton docks where the vessel has been berthed since Wednesday.

The BBC's Jonathan Beale understands that a crew member shot two of his crew mates before being overpowered.

A police spokeswoman said the incident was not linked to terrorism.

link to the article on the bbc website-- www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
i would love to know what his motives were, i find this slightly allarming though as what if he had done this at sea and then gone on a crazy rampage destroying ships at will, it could possibly be the start of ww3.
i also wonder if this scenario could happen at some time in the future and do we have any measures in place to avoid such a scenario.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

Yeah I heard about this, I was coming home on the train as it happened, I live very close to the shooting.

1st the titanic now the shooting.. Southampton does not have very good luck with ships...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RobbWonder

fortunatly i dont think the sub was damaged as it is our most technologically advanced and expensive sub in our whole fleet, but the possibilitys that could occur are still quite frightening.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

what if he had done this at sea and then gone on a crazy rampage destroying ships at will

I takes what, 3 men to operate a tank? I'm pretty sure that number is considerably higher for a sub. Maybe he could try to ram a ship, but I seriously doubt 1 person can control and navigate a sub.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Very true but i'm sure 1 man could surface it and call his waiting buddies.
False flag heaven with a top o the line boat.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
First she runs aground, then a collision and now a shooting. Methinks this sub is cursed.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I was watching it from across the water. The whole place was on lockdown and a load of school kids were just about to go for a tour of the sub.

This could have been so much worse! I just wonder what made the guy go off the way he did?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobbWonder
[
1st the titanic now the shooting.. Southampton does not have very good luck with ships...

Oh God! Not the Titanic, what's happened. nothing serious I hope?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

there are lots of armed personell on a sub dont know if there marines but they got lots of 9mm and 12 gauges not a place id want to have a firefight....but if he had locked him self in a section then decompressed or punched a hole in the hull............who ever took him(i can say that right? royal navy isnt co ed least not on subs right?)out deserves a medal under the sea is no place for a gun fight......was there any evidence he might have been drunk?the royal navy is still wet....and a freak out from booze under da sea is not good problay

top topics

join