It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis located off the west cost of Ireland!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+195 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The ancient Irish count among their ancestors a race of tall white people called the Tuatha de Danan “the children of Danu”. They are presented in Irish story’s as being very advanced technologically but what is more interesting is that we are told that their homeland called “Tir Nan Og” (the land of Og) sank under the waves during a catastrophic flood.

When Tir Nan Og went under the waves the Tuatha de Danan dispersed in fleets of ships, eventually settling in Ireland. From the land of Og they rescued four relics:

The Lia fail (the stone of destiny) this stone is the stone which is housed in the Ark of the covenant.

They brought the sword of Nuada, this would later become known as Excalibur.

They brought the spear of Lugh which would be later be better known as the spear of destiny.

They brought the cauldron of Dagda which would later be known as the holy grail.

The patron god of the Tuatha de Danan was the sea god called Manannán mac Lir (the son of Lir) and the Island they came from (Og) was known as Manannan’s Island.

When we read the description of the sea god Manannan it becomes obvious he is the same god known to Plato and the Greeks as Poseidon!

Manannan owns a golden spear “Ctann Buide” which means Yellow Tree i.e. a branched tip or trident.

He also owns a golden chariot drawn by magical horses which can ride over the sea or land. This positively identifies him as Poseidon. Now if you know Plato's description of Atlantis you will know that Atlantis was Poseidon’s island (he built it) and that in the centre of the city of Atlantis was a temple to Poseidon.

Once I realized Tir Nan Og was Atlantis I wanted to obviously find the location according to the Irish, after all if the Atlanteans (Tuatha de Danan” are their ancestors they should know where Atlantis is located.

From Plato’s description as close as we can get is that Atlantis is in the Atlantic ocean and usually there is an assumption that it is somewhere near the Azores islands.

The Irish however locate the land of Og as being in the “northern islands of the world” i.e. in the north hemisphere above the line of the equator. More specifically they locate Og as being off the west cost of Ireland and extending northward.

When Og went under the waves the survivors sailed to Ireland and approached from the north. The reason for this is that if you remember the geography of Atlantis the northern region of the island has mountains and therefore the last to go under. It makes sense that inhabitants would have headed for the mountains when the flood approached.

What I have discovered is even more exciting, using the information handed down by the Irish I have located Atlantis, and you can visit that island even today because the northern part of the island is still above water!!!

Its known today as “Faroes island” which is actually the tips of the mountains of Atlantis which still peek out of the sea. If you look at the Google map (I have marked the sunken island as “Tir nan Og”) you will see that the island is actually slightly larger then the entire of the United kingdom!

The city of Atlantis if you remember was composed of three rings and in the centre was a hill with Poseidon’s temple on top. In memory of their ancestors the ancient Irish constructed a miniature replica of their homeland on the hill of Tara which was the centre of Ireland kingship in olden days complete with a temple in the central ring just like Atlantis.

Further proof that what I am tell you is the truth comes from the fact that the Egyptian book of the dead states that the god kings of Egypt came from a country in the west that went under the waves during the cataclysm. If this is true genetic testing of the pharaoh’s royal bloodline should link them with modern Celtic/Irish people.
Guess what, that’s exactly what has happened King Tutankhamen and his father Pharaoh Akhenaton have tested positive.

www.eutimes.net...

Ancient Egypt was a continuation of Atlantis!

edit on 7-4-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Love it!! As an Irishman and possible descendant of the Atlantean people this excites me. Id love to organise a dive there sometime this summer. Pity it's the Faroe Islands though.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Nice!! I wonder if there are any underwater topography pics for the region floating about... I would imagine something still remains under the waves!
S&F

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TuXXXeR

lol all the atlantens died, if you was a descendants then you'd be able to have to 50% brain power like

And your the descendants of Neanderthals

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
V.M. Samael Aun Weor, who referred to Manly P. Hall 33° as a Wise North-American Kabbalist:

"Definitively, the Tuatha Dé Danann entered within the fourth dimension when the great Atlantean catastrophe occurred." – Samael Aun Weor

"Ancient Irish traditions (wisely consigned in the delectable chants of their bards or Nordic rhapsodies) spoke justly about an extraordinary Cainit or Inca people (in other words, “Priest Kings”) called the Tuatha Dé Danann who were very skillful in all types of magical arts learned in Thebes.

"Obviously, the Tuatha Dé Danann are a great Jinn people, prototype of the indefatigable traveler, “the errant Jew.”

"The Tuatha Dé Danann traversed the Mediterranean countries until arriving at the same Scandinavia where they founded four great magical cities, in addition to having previously founded a Lunar and a Solar city.

"When the Tuatha arrived in Ireland, they disembarked on that island, as Aeneas in Cartagus, protected by a thick magical mist (or the Veil of Isis of the fourth dimension that hid them).

"In other words, we state that the Tuatha returned to Ireland; they arrived there within the fourth dimension.

"The very famous battle of Madura (Magh Tuiredh), in which the Tuatha, full of glory, defeated the tenebrous Fir Bolg, can be found written in old chronicles.

“The excellency of the Tuatha Dé Danann was indeed great, and their hosts so powerful and innumerable that the fields appeared suited with masses of combatants who extended unto the regions where the sun sets as the day declines. Their heroes became immortal before Tara, the magical capital of Ireland.

“The Tuatha did not arrive at Erin on any known ship, neither could anybody grasp and clearly determine whether they were people born on the Earth or descended from Heaven, nor if they were diabolic entities or from a new nation which could not in any way be human, since their veins did not run with the royal blood of the indefatigable Berthach, the founder of the primitive Ceinne.”

"Definitively, the Tuatha Dé Danann entered within the fourth dimension when the great Atlantean catastrophe occurred.

"Some human races joyfully inhabit the ethereal region of our planet Earth. These people still live in a paradisiacal state, even in our days of so much bitterness...

"Many magical cities of splendid beauty exist in the fourth coordinate of our planet Earth.

"We can discover the elemental paradises of nature with all of its temples, valleys, enchanted lakes, and Jinn lands within the terrestrial fourth vertical...

"Unquestionably, it is here in the “Promised Land” where we can still joyfully find the innate occultism and the natural, paradisiacal Law...

"Those blessed Jinns who happily dwell in the Elysian Fields, in the land that flows with milk and honey, are certainly never under the regency of Deuteronomy or the Second Law, which is a great torment to the mortals...

"Obviously, the Jinn multitudes, those known as the Tuatha Dé Danann, joyfully dwell in Eden under the regency of the First Law...

"The Tuatha Dé Danann always carried through all the lands of their legendary exodus four magical, esoteric symbols:

"A) A gigantic cup or grail (living symbol of the feminine uterus).
"B) An enormous lance of pure iron (masculine phallic symbol).
"C) A great flaming sword (symbol of the sexual fire).
"D) The stone of truth (symbol of the sexual Philosophical Stone)."

The Druid and Mason Godfrey Higgins, whose writings were often cited by John Yarker 97°, H.P. Blavatsky 12°, and Manly P. Hall 33°:

Anacalypsis: an attempt to draw aside the veil of the Saitic Isis ..., Volume 1 By Godfrey Higgins

Now the [Hebrew] atut spoken of above by the Abbé, is evidently Tat or the name of Buddha. But TT is here a letter, and Tiut, or the plural, letters: this is Thoth, which is clearly nothing but the Hebrew plural of Tut. Vallancey says, "Literarum vero characters in amuialium, ARBORUMQUR figuris invenit THOTH." Again he says, "[Hebrew] tta, in Chaldee, means Vates and Haruspex; this is Tuatha in Irish" and he gives an Irish verse thus trans-lated :

"Vates (Tuatha) Hiberoise vaticinabantui
Adventuium (tempus) pacis novum."

"Here, as usual, we have the prophecy of a new age. I beg my reader to refer to p. 23, supra, and to consider what is there said of the Thoth, Tat, and Bacchus, among the Mexicans."

edit on 8-4-2011 by Tamahu because: edited quotes

+45 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Excellent post OP, excellent!

Faroe Island.... Faroe...Pharaoh !

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Unless I know something for sure I really try to stay away from passing judgements. This is a great and equally informative and entertaining post. thanks for sharing this its pretty awesome and def gonna help me with some stuff I'm studying. Namaste

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Huge underground temple located in the centre of the hill of Tara!!!!

www.mythicalireland.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Really like the idea LUXUS!
Another great thread, very well done. Another interesting man that believed the same as you was none other than St. Patrick based on Bonwick’s Irish Druids and Old Irish Religions here:
books.google.com... ig=mpLAeZ6L3vuCVouZGYhj2to0jJY&hl=en&ei=pjieTbuKFYKSgQexk-3lDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

And this has many more stories of Tir Nan Og as Atlantis:

books.google.com... &ei=qjaeTby1OJHUgAeGttXgDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&sqi=2&ved=0CBkQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=Tir%20Nan%20Og%20atlantis&f=true

Thanks for putting it out there it’s nice to research something new and very interesting.

Could you further prove this proof by connecting Druid and Egyptian Religions, Writing, Mythology?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

BAM, Tamahu and you deliver on connecting the dots, this is a great thread

2nd line

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Thoth was born in a distant country to the west which was across a body of water. Its main city was by the sea (Plato's metropolis). The land possessed volcanos and the city had a low mountain or large hill in the center. This land is sometimes referred to as an Island of Fire. (Book of the Dead, Hymn of Rameses IV and Pyramid Texts) Thoth is known as "Lord of the horizon"; and like Poseidon, the earthshaker, Thoth is sometimes called "cleaver of the earth" (Papyrus of Ani, Chapter LXI). In Chapter LXXXV of the Book of the Dead (Papyrus of Nu), Thoth rules the "Western Domain," and by the end of the New Kingdom he is called "Lord of the West" (Seth, 1912). He is said to be the inventor of writing, astronomy, mathematics and civilization in general (Budge, 1960). Thoth is often called the Scribe (Pyramid Texts; Book of the Dead, et al.); his Egyptian name, Tehuti, means "the measurer" (Budge, 1960). A catastrophe occurred which darkened the sun and disturbed the gods, but Thoth led them across the sea to an eastern country [Egypt]. Thoth is depicted as the "controller of the Flood," (Leyden Papyrus) and the Theban Recension includes the Island of Fire in the Flood story. (Papyrus of Ani, Chap. CLXXV) Thus it appears that Thoth was once the ruler of an Island Kingdom beyond the western horizon before the Egyptian priests turned him into a god. The question therefore is: Was the Egyptian Tehuti-Thoth originally a migrant from Atlantis, and did he once rule as a king there?

www.atlantisquest.com...

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on Fri Apr 8 2011 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I think it makes more sense for atlantis to be in the burmuda triangle. Why? Well you figure they are supposed to be an advanced civilization right? Well they had to of worked with geo magnetics. And other nautral power sources of the earth. Probably built pyramids and obelisks. I would say they became advanced enough that they are the cause. For the problems surrounding the burmuda triangle.

They've already discovered a sunken city in that area. Just like in the dragon's triangle off the coast of Japan. Same distutbances. Why? Theirs got to be something to these sunken cities that are supposed to be older then mankind was thought to be.

What is it? Who knows but I'd say whoever built them cities were more advanced then mankind.

P.S. The mythological city of Dwarka has been found aswell off the coast of India.
edit on 7-4-2011 by KingLeoric because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
the message decoded from this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

ufo encounter speaks about the same islands. check it out

edit on 7-4-2011 by shagreen heart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart
the message decoded from this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

ufo encounter speaks about the same islands. check it out

Hahaha....that amazing!!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well, if you call the Azores "off the coast of Ireland," then I guess you'd be right. Otherwise, it doesn't fit the only description we have, which is Plato's. I don't know why people have to try to come up with all these ideas that don't fit the description.

I'll say that maybe at one time there were Atlanean outposts here and there in Europe, Africa, the Caribbean, and maybe even America, but the place itself is described quite clearly, and it's the Azores. We just don't have the technology yet to do a good archeological exploration of it to prove it. And after 12,000 years, it won't be easy to find even then.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

personally i think it's under the ice of antarctica. or if not atlantis, one of the fabled lost civilizations, my darling.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Excellent piece OP, intriguing to say the least,

That would explain a lot about Finn McCool's origins

edit on 7-4-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart
reply to post by Blue Shift

personally i think it's under the ice of antarctica. or if not atlantis

Ding ding ... we have a winner

Woody

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
If you look at the image of Atlantis in my original post which was drawn using Plato's description you will see that the ringed city is in the southern end of the island.

Those cross-hairs are probably bang on the city itself!!

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KingLeoric

Are we forgetting the genetic testing of the Egyptian Pharaohs saying they were related to the Irish....I think we are!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join