It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Huge Asteroid to Pass Near Earth in November". (Could THIS be whats on this Illuminati card?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

The near-Earth asteroid named 2005 YU55 — on the list of potentially dangerous asteroids — was observed with the Arecibo Telescope's planetary radar on April 19, 2010 when it was about 1.5 million miles from the Earth, which is about 6 times the distance to the moon. Full Story. CREDIT: Arecibo Observatory/Michael Nolan

Mark your calendars for an impressive and upcoming flyby of an asteroid that’s one of the larger potentially perilous space rocks in the heavens – in terms of smacking the Earth in the future. It’s the case of asteroid 2005 YU55, a round mini-world that is about 1,300 feet (400 meters) in diameter. In early November, this asteroid will approach Earth within a scant 0.85 lunar distances. Due the object’s size and whisking by so close to Earth, an extensive campaign of radar, visual and infrared observations are being planned. Asteroid 2005 YU55 was discovered by Spacewatch at the University of Arizona, Tucson’s Lunar and Planetary Laboratory on Dec. 28, 2005. [Photos: Asteroids in Deep Space] En route and headed our way, the cosmic wanderer is another reminder about life here on our sitting duck of a planet.

So this is gonna pass by us on November 8th.

Also, link to the full story

Could this be the strike of a meteor? Is this THE meteor that will probably hit Earth?

Could it also, possibly, mean that it might be the "end"?

edit on 7-4-2011 by mjleonid12 because: To add something.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mjleonid12

www.youtube.com...

Throw that in with the 3 comets arriving as well...we're due for some fun!!!
edit on 02/28/2011 by doyouremember because: me no know how imbed

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Get the telescopes out

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by doyouremember

www.youtube.com...

Throw that in with the 3 comets arriving as well...we're due for some fun!!!
edit on 02/28/2011 by doyouremember because: me no know how imbed

Oh wow, that's definitely weird. Where in the hell did they just appear from!? Do you, personally, think they are a potential (large) threat?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The guy in the video shows the comet in august "is very close" he says...

0.191 Astronomical Units = 28 573 218 kilometres

28 Millions kilometres away! not even close at all...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

edit on 7-4-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
comets and asteroids are of course a big threat to our planet..we can clearly see that examining the surface of most of the planets and heavenly bodies which makes up our Solar System..craters everywhere..Earth's surface is no exception but since our Planet is very active with volacnos we have craters and hit marks layered with lava and thus hidden.

But with all the technology we now have available there is no way we couldnt know from the very early stages of an impact trajectory.

Instead of worrying about imminent collisions we have to focus on uniting the Planet so that we may prepare together a defence system for future encounters.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

maybe they are projectiles that were sent towards us from an alien planet like what happened in the movie Starship Troopers...hey,you never know

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure if it was a major threat NASA would have been more vocal about it.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TakingTheRedPill

heh heh
nope
that would considered to be "terrorising" the peeps...
and that is patently illegal.

patriot act et al

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TakingTheRedPill
I'm pretty sure if it was a major threat NASA would have been more vocal about it.

Woah there pal, you got some imagination on you that`s for sure... how bout poppin another one of them red pills, cause that last one musta been a dud
no offense

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TakingTheRedPill

Aha, no. Things like these make you people look brain washed, because you truly believe that. They (MOST LIKELY) would NOT be vocal and what-not about it, at all.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This will put a couple of things in perspective, the full moon image had to be scaled down to post.

Lets zoom in to see the object.

Lets zoom out to see the real distance.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Heres another one they discovered a couple days ago and is a condition 8 at this point, here is an interesting video about 2011 WP4 :

I thought that there would be no more incoming for a very long time? Well here is another which has slipped in under the radar so to speak that merits an eye on... It is set to fly past on Thanksgiving!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I hope that if it hits it will hit after we have all had our dinner.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I shouldve just watched the video first. (posted something without watching the video first, and it was explained in the vid.)

edit on 20-11-2011 by Anishnaabe because: Mistake.

edit on 21-11-2011 by Anishnaabe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Anishnaabe

I dont know what you mean, I did watch the video. If I was being a donkeys south end i would have stated an all caps new thread about it, sheeze, just found something I found interesting and wanted to share without making a big promotion out of it.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Sorry i just posted something without watching it. And it was already explained in the video.
So it wasnt towards you, sorry.

top topics

join