It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test for radiation on your own?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I know they sell test strips that you can test the ph level of water and the like.

Are there any ways, or things for sell that you can test water at home for traces of radiation?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
There is a simple method to test the water for radiation..

Just fill up your bathtub, Throw a bag of popcorn in there.. And if it pop's .. You got some radiation in your water sir..

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
also, you can find out by making Love...Just plug in your um (plug) into her um (socket) and if she smiles and light' s up...you may have radiation in that afore mentioned area.....lol...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Go ask your doctor for a Body Burden test. This will show all man made toxins in your body. If you have the results before you are exposed to radiation you can then compare a future test to check for increases.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'm glad the mod's are working hard on the off topic posts.

I'm not exactly trying to test myself, or worried about exposure. I am curious though. And I wonder what might be showing up in regards to the situation in Japan.

I also thought that if there was a method, people could independantly test in their areas and see if it coincides with what "official" reports are.
edit on 4/6/2011 by ThaLoccster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
I'm glad the mod's are working hard on the off topic posts.

I'm not exactly trying to test myself, or worried about exposure. I am curious though. And I wonder what might be showing up in regards to the situation in Japan.

I also thought that if there was a method, people could independantly test in their areas and see if it coincides with what "official" reports are.
edit on 4/6/2011 by ThaLoccster because: (no reason given)

Get a sense of humor.. Or buy one of these things.. Link

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

I don't generally check ATS for comedy updates, and anytime I've made a comedic reply such as yours I was removed for off topic.

But, thanks for the link. That isn't exactly what I was looking for, but from that link I found this....store.advancedmart.com...

I'm not sure how low of a level they detect, and it doesn't seem to be 100% accurate. But it does look like a nice idea to try, and at $5 it's not going to kill my wallet to buy a few and do various testing with it.

In the link, it has a link to a Fox News video with the reporter wearing one in Japan, he removes it an holds it out towards the camera for a moment, but I can't make out the levels listed on his sticker.

top topics

join