It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast to Coast AM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
You know what I would love to see?

A forum for Coast to Coast shows..
I have only recently started listening to the show(due to not being situated in the U.S.) but I rarely see anyone mention the shows, the topics, the books or the authors here on ATS, even though the show is pretty much "ATS on radio".

I think that would be a great idea for a forum, a place where you could discuss the shows, get some more information maybe, some input and feedback.

I guess the question is, would it be popular enough? Would people use it? How would it work, a new 'automatic' thread for every show? Or just on the particular shows that get a thread treatment?

Maybe it would violate copyright laws or something I don't know.

Just throwing it out there. What do YOU think?

Kind regards

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

While I admire the show, I would be remiss if I didn't say that ATS LIVE! is ATS on the radio.....(as well as all the great spin-offs of ATS LIVE! )

C2C is a great contributor to the genre, but ATS LIVE! is actually "us" (as in you, and I, and nearly anyone on ATS who wants to participate).

Give it a listen... you may like it.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

There are plenty of forums out there for Coast if that is your cup of tea, the show died when Art Bell left, to bad you didn't listen in it's heyday when it was a viable show.

ATS Live rocks, check it out.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

There are plenty of forums out there for Coast if that is your cup of tea, the show died when Art Bell left, to bad you didn't listen in it's heyday when it was a viable show.

I think that you are wrong there....C2C is very much alive and one of the most popular and well listened to radio show in america. The list of radio-stations that affiliate with them is still growing and the largest..or second largest in the entire United States. It will not surpise me if foreign radio-stations will have a go with it too in the near future.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

Originally posted by Aquarius1

I think that you are wrong there....C2C is very much alive and one of the most popular and well listened to radio show in america. The list of radio-stations that affiliate with them is still growing and the largest..or second largest in the entire United States. It will not surpise me if foreign radio-stations will have a go with it too in the near future.

I have no argument against the popularity of the C2C show... I expect that as time passes their audience will continue to grow. But I wouldn't rule out ATS LIVE! which, I believe, also airs on the same station (at least in Roswell.)

We already have a global audience.... you would be welcome there too (and you can actually participate in the show in our chat room, or call in via Skype and hopefully, soon by phone).... whereas C2C is more of a information "consumer"-based show which is not as interactive since they lack the ATS community membership which makes us ... dare I say it?.... better.... assuming of course, you like that kind of thing.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
If I had to hazard a guess I would say many ATS members also listen to C2C am and most of the guests discuss materials that would be suitable for discussion on ATS.

There have been many times I listen to C2C and would be interested to hear some more critical responses to the guests as we all know none of the current hosts are super critical. That is okay though because C2C is completely different than ATS or even ATS live. C2C is essentially a soapbox for people to present new and exciting ideas and research. ATS is where that research can be reviewed and picked apart for validity.

Because of this I really don't think there is a conflict of interest between ATS, ATS Live, and Coast to Coast am. Any conflict is perceived and not real as each group attacks the subjects differently.

With the above in mind: Would ATS PTB have an issue with posting an aspect from a C2C show for discussion under the appropriate forum for the topic? This would not be a focus on C2C but a focus on the guest and the information presented there.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Signed. Coast to coast

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Signed.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Coast to Coast is still ok but I have to admit that I miss Art Bell every time I listen now. He just approached the show from a totally different angle and had a teck background that let him ask informed questions . And if he thought someone was wrong , he would say so , not say `yes thats very true`. And , the unscreened calls made the show.
Still , a coast to coast forum is a good idea.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

The more I think about this , the better it sounds. ATS needs a coast to coast forum. I think it would be a nice addition, and very popular. And , by the way, George gives a shout out to ats every friday night

edit on 7-4-2011 by bluemooone2 because: spl.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If you drive thousands of miles and a lot at night, C2C can be a very entertaining part of any drive...

ATS live is good, but only one night a week, and frankly lacks the guests and is just not as big as C2C yet.

ATS should partner with C2C in some way... It would be more beneficial in the long term than attempting to compete with them in any capacity on radio... It is foolish to even think that ATS Live (a good show, mildly entertaining and occasionally compelling) can compete with C2C.

A firm partnership between "The Above Network, LLC" and C2C would be extremely beneficial for both sides, and in that case an exclusive C2C forum would be appropriate here on the boards.

ATS is doing fine as is, but this would be a nice addition if both sides could have some kind of contractual agreements.

Personally, I just want to see ATS grow, and grow and grow... The more exposure the better... Could come in very handy soon.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Gosh how true your statement is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back in the hey day when Art had it, it was a must hear. I miss those days.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Art was coast , and never forget that

We will never see a Coast forum for one simple reason , it would quickly turn into a George Noory sucks forum .

But ATS might be able to boast an " Alturnitive Broadcasting " forum . That way we could have a forum for discussing all of our favorite respictive radio / pod cast shows .

edit on 7-4-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Thanks for all the input.
Appreciated

I really should have thought about ATS Live.. doh

Originally posted by Max_TO
But ATS might be able to boast an " Alturnitive Broadcasting " forum . That way we could have a forum for discussing all of our favorite respictive radio / pod cast shows .

I particularly like this idea. Alternative Broadcasting, that could be a hit in my opinion!

I have so much Coast to Coast material I would like to discuss it's crazy..

Have anyone heard of Redicecreation radio? I've heard it's pretty good but I haven't really listened yet.

Maybe something to check out if you don't like "George Snoory", I think the host is more interested and well versed in the subjects.. but, yeah, I haven't heard it so I don't really know, just throwin' it out there.

Originally posted by bluemooone2

The more I think about this , the better it sounds. ATS needs a coast to coast forum. I think it would be a nice addition, and very popular. And , by the way, George gives a shout out to ats every friday night

That's pretty cool! Wow.. never heard that! He knows we're the ultimate alternative news community in the universe! *evil cackle*

top topics

join