It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea Turtles Washing ashore the Gulf of Mexico......

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

March 21st, Unexplained Oil Spill Hits Gulf Coast AP Photo Slightly disconcerting: Officials in Louisiana say tar balls and oil are washing up on Gulf Coast shores across an area of more than 30 miles. Even stranger: They’re not sure where it’s coming from. Samples have been sent for testing to determine whether the oil comes from the Deepwater Horizon spill in April 2010. It’s unclear how soon results will be in. Meanwhile, the state is scrambling to get containment booms and skimmers to the area to mitigate the damage, and has asked for Coast Guard assistance. The good news? Even though oil has appeared over a large area, it’s relatively diffuse.

billionaires.forbes.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

This next link has a video of the Coast guard giving a live statement.

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

hmmm... ok links aren't working?
edit on 6-4-2011 by ResearchMan because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2011 by ResearchMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
msnbc

Article from 3/30, It appears our governmentis withholding info from the scientific community.
It appears they trying to down play the severity of the BP spill more than I thought.

Some 400 sea turtle deaths were reported in the five months after the BP oil spill last April, but the number dropped off sharply starting in October. All seven species of sea turtles are listed under the Endangered Species Act.

NOAA is keeping a tight lid on its ongoing probe into the deaths, which are possibly connected to the BP spill, causing tension with some independent scientists
In the case of dolphins, biologists hired by the National Marine Fisheries Service, a branch of NOAA, to collect specimens and tissue samples were quietly told late last month to keep their findings confidential

Still, a number of partner scientists said they have been personally rebuked by federal officials for "speaking out of turn" to the media about efforts to determine the cause of some 136 dolphin deaths this year in the Gulf, and 115 others last year after the April spill
Moreover, they said collected samples and specimens are being turned over to the government for analysis under a protocol that will leave independent scientists in the dark about the efficacy and outcome of any lab tests

NRDC

Recently, dolphin tissue samples from independent marine labs were confiscated and sent to federal labs for analysis due to a federal investigation into their cause of death

That’s not very reassuring to residents who have already lost trust in government officials and the BP claims process. Science may take a long time to solve these mysterious deaths, but people like Shirley feel they already know the answer. She and others blame ongoing health problems from exposures to oil and dispersants, something the medical establishment has yet to confirm. That's not surprising, Shirley says. "If they don't have a decent system to track and find out what's happening to dolphins and turtles, then why should they have one for people?"

edit on 6-4-2011 by mugger because: add

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
This probably should go into it's own thread in BP section, it looks like the MSM is looking into the BP and fed coverup of the oil spill.
all voices

A little digging has, in fact, produced evidence of possible conflict of interest, as BP itself has provided funds to study the disaster (Huffington Post). As Mr. Wiegand observes, “There is no better way to rig the results than to fund the studies - 500 million to Cover-up the effects? 500 million invested to fund rigged studies could mean tens of billions less in fines for BP

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
man, this makes so sad. Think about it, how much is the ocean going to suffer from the Fukushima disaster. I fear it will be much worse.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jaybirdo

Can you fill us in on the new oil spill as of March 2011?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Not all kinds of fish and marine life - just turtles. I tell you it's a government conspiracy with a released biological agent garnered from the aliens living in the moonbase deep inside our hollow moon. That deadly toxin was deliberately aimed at our turtles who are really peaceful aliens from the waterworld of aquienence5.

Man, I'm getting into this. I might become a real ATS'er yet if I can twist a story like this that some actually believe is real!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
They will just put a gag order on it.
Like they have done with the dead dolphins.
and people wonder how we can get the typ of person that will gas jews.
like the stories of serial killers who start on cats and dogs.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The sad thing about this is sea turtles have been living here for millions of years, they have some of the oldest, unvaried and undisturbed ways of life on this planet way before we came to be, and the most annoying thing is in our short life-span on this earth we are already destroying some of the oldest ancestors of our planet through our stupidity. I know there are other causes for mass deaths amongst sealife and animals although I really feel a great deal of this is all caused by fellow man.

Its very very sad.
edit on 6-4-2011 by fill0000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2011 by fill0000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Countdown to exterminate the human race
4, 3, 2, 1
Remove errors of man
And sweep all the weakening kind
Bygone are tolerance
And presence of grace
Scavengers are sent out
To cleanse the human filth parades

2012, Prepare!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Just a question maybe someone can answer. What do we really know about these oil eating microbes that were used to deplete "lol" the oil on the ocean floor? Besides the fact that it is not really eating much of the oil I'm curious if maybe it is "getting its fill" on other food sources maybe even live ones.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
If the oil caused this,

then for each dead turtle, the BP executives should get $500 in fines and 6 months of jail.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111

Originally posted by Thepreye

Trauma caused by wave action, fireworks, hail stones initiating a death dealing vibration through the water, a localised toxic spill from a Mexican fish cannery, startled by the flash on tourists cameras or traffic noise from a nearby road all seem like perfectly logical possible causes of the deaths of the unfortunate turtles, I'm sure Occam's razor will dictate that one of the above will be the cause.

thats the downfall of Occam's. what it states is that we shall explain things only in terms of the familiar no matter how absurd, thus preventing us from ever learning anything new...

Absolutely agree that's why I parodied its use and those that use it

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I am in the southern Yucatan peninsula and we had quite a few 4-5 inch turtles wash up on the beach during some strong winds about two weeks ago in our town. I also found one dead on the beach last week, on a calm day. I am still seeing the big ones out on the reef so hope is not lost. There will probably be turtles here on earth long after man has become extinct.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join