It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Break QD's Code (Cryptography)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Well, I know it has been over a week.

A=1 Z=1
B=2 Y=2
D=4 W=4
H=8 S=8
P=16 K=16

A,B,D,H,P are add in left to right.
Z,Y,W,S,K are added right to left.

The value of that number in the proper order, and changes in the group mean a letter change. starting group for sentence means nothing.

The order of letters don't matter, as long as it adds up.

Now that i think about it, this code with additional associations and layers etc.. would be much more powerful.

I may have created a monster.

Message as translated

"helloworld

ifyouarethisfaryouaredoinggreat

atsforever"

So an A and a Z by it self was never encrypted the whole time.(I never used Z itself)

Unless pasts were misspelled it should be 100 percent conformable.

Again not that I think of it I may have Created a monster, and I am serious.

edit on 14-4-2011 by quantumdragon because: pdszydpzkshabykdkwyzhawzsabd

edit on 15-4-2011 by quantumdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Correction. Depending on the letter and which group of five it is. Unless represented by the other group, the letter actually represents itself.
edit on 15-4-2011 by quantumdragon because: grammer

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Thanks, good code. The closest I got was thinking there was a binary relationship, due the 1, 2, 4, 8 part of the spacing on the alphabet, but I never got close to your code.

I just wrote a program based on your rules, and verify that it worked fine.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by quantumdragon

That's a crafty little code.

I would change one thing to make it a little easier to understand.

A = 1, B = 2, D = 4, H = 8, P = 16

Z = -1, Y = -2, W = -4, S = -8, K = -16

Then you can easily group by like signs, sum them together, and let the negative numbers start from the end of the alphabet.

So you get a nice lookup table like this:
A = 1 or -26
B = 2 or -25
C = 3 or -24
D = 4 or -23
etc...

Much easier IMO to decode and encode this way.

TPTB KIDDING???

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

That would help explain it to some people a little better.

and for that last part i was just messing around

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I do not understand fully the method of encryption even with the explanation.

Could you (or someone who understood) encode a short message, like DRAGON, for instance, and explain each step, letter by letter?

I had thought while working on it that because there were ten letters used, that they represented the digits 0-9, and that they were part of an 'outer layer' of coding, that when decoded would then reveal a much simpler ciphertext, one that would have been decipherable with a simple method like substitution or rotation or something. (at least so was my theory :p) I also suspected a binary connection somehow, which was another reason I was looking at digits. Tthe 1st (A), 2nd (B),4th (D), 8th (H), and 11th (K) and 1st last (Z), 2nd last (Y), 4th last (W), 8th last (S), and 11th (P) last letters were used, so in binary I was thinking 1, 10, 100, 1000, and then the 11 I figured was maybe 11 or 3 or something like that. I had also thought that there were two layers of code. (basically the idea quantumdragon suggested to improve it, I thought was already present)
edit on 17-4-2011 by DragonsDemesne because: clarified request

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

Dragon
D=d=4=4
R=s+z=-8+-1=-9
A=a=1=1
G=k+w=-16+-4=-20
O=h+d+a+b=8+4+2+1=15
N=s+w+z=-8+-4+-1=-13

I really don't know too much better how to explain it.

edit on 17-4-2011 by quantumdragon because: dszakwhdabswz

I can also be written as kwyzpbksydabswhdb because the beginning of a sentence doesn't matter which can throw people way off.
edit on 17-4-2011 by quantumdragon because: added content

edit on 17-4-2011 by quantumdragon because: grammer

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Okay, I think I understand the method now. However, I think there is a problem in that the same message can be decrypted in multiple ways.

For instance, suppose your ciphertext was the word 'BABY'. This could be decrypted exactly as the word 'BABY' itself. However, it could also be decrypted as:
BA = 2 + 1 = 3 = C
B=B
Y=Y

CBY

As far as I can tell, there isn't any way to distinguish which way to do it.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
to clarify further abdhp is in a group is one letter and to signal the next letter we use the opposite group zywsk

It don't matter what the sentence starts out as as long as the letters add up and the other group is used for the next letter and vice versa.
edit on 17-4-2011 by quantumdragon because: g

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
With that additional rule where one letter is always built out of the first group ABDHP and the next letter is built out of ZYWSK, that means you will always be able to divide the message into the blocks you need to decode.

For example, breaking up your message:

KZY=h DA=e SWZY=l HD=l SW=o PDAB=w WS=o PB=r YZSW=l D=d
hello world

YK=i BD=f Y=y BHDA=o YW=u BP=r YWZ=t H=h YK=i ABP=s WZK=f A=a ZS=r APH=y SW=o ADP=u SZ=r D=d WS=o HA=i ZWS=n ABD=g WK=g ABHD=o KY=i DBH=o WK=g BDA=g ZS=r AD=e YKS=a DP=t
if you r this far you r doing goiog great

A=a WZY=t ABP=s ZKW=f AHBD=o SZ=r AD=e ZW=v DA=e ZS=r
ats forever

I'm assuming the 'goiog' was meant to be junk filler to confuse us, and that the two lone R's were meant as shorthand for 'are'. (that or else two grammatically incorrect "your" instead of "you are" or "you're" :p)

I think that your code would be classified under the 'substition cipher' type of codes. It is more complicated than some, though, because you can mess up frequency analysis due to the fact that each letter has more than one way to code it. For instance, an 'O' can be ABDH, ABHD, ADBH, ADHB, AHBD, AHDB, BADH, BAHD, BDAH, BDHA, BHAD, BHDA, DABH, DAHB, DBAH, DBHA, DHAB, DHBA, HABD, HADB, HBAD, HBDA, HDAB, HDBA, using the first five letters, and then there are whatever combinations using the ZYWSK (too lazy to write them out) An 'E' can be represented by AD or DA using the ABDHP, or YWK, YKW, WKY, WYK, KWY, KYW using the ZYWSK.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join