It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A race of subterranean dwarves

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Interesting topic

This does make sense to me, only because "little people" are all over the place. They had to come from some where and I bet back in the day they were shunned because they were different. A cave is a decent place to live if your real short...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Topsy_Cret

Supposedly found giants are extinct (or are hiding) as well. Being too small is bad, being too big is bad. I guess size matters (two meaning word
), average FTW!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You are incorrect in saying that the green girl said they came from a subterranean world. She said they came from a land where the Sun never shone, where it was always twilight and everything was green.. This does not necessarily mean under the Earth. Indeed, it actually suggests otherwise. That was what created the mystery in the first place. No one could understand from whence they had come. And most people today still don't.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Thanks for this thread because i love stuff like this..!!

Now if these 'people' are real im not so sure about magiacl powers..

But it makes sense to me that they are a different species of human that for one reason or another took to living underground maybe in natural tunnels and caves at one point in ancient history (safety??) and thus evolved to become the short, stocky (muscles) for digging people we know as 'dwarves' today.

It does make sense to me that if a species lived and bred under ground for generations then you are surely to evolve shorter as a large size would be a major disadvantage in a subterranean lifestlye imo.

So yeh over the ages they might have adapted to live deeper in the Earth than we can go, figured out ways to go deeper than we can go, maybe tolerate the heat better than we can down there.

I honestly think this is very plausible and it would make sense to me that they would know about us and maybe dont want to communicate with the human world through the history with homo sapiens.... hmm

All specualtion of course

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I love this subject matter. I would like to post one of my favorite videos that pertains at least to the periphery of the thread's topic...

I have been fascinated with these critters from early childhood.

Also, If anyone would like to get in to some Dwarfy Goodness, I would like to suggest that they check out Dwarf Fortress. It is a free and Open Source game available from Bay12 games...www.bay12games.com...

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by Dock9

Wow, what a surprising disclosure. Was that the only time you saw them? Have you sometimes not seen them but only sensed them?

Ive seen stuff "out of the corner of my eye" during long walks in the woods.

And yes, who knows if they dont put on the "gray alien" mask once in awhile.

It's the only time I've seen them. I was an adult, a parent. Hadn't been reading or thinking about, or watching anything related to gnomes/dwarves -- had never given the subject any thought at all as far as I can remember

That particular night, I was alone in the house, which was a rarity. I'd just returned from a week or so in New Zealand and had slept for several hours prior to the event. Was fully rested, hadn't consumed any alcohol, didn't use drugs, etc.and could provide witnesses to attest to that

The house we owned was nice, but it was also the scene of a number of paranormal events, most of which I kept firmly to myself. There was a particular area of the house that had a ' feel '. But again, I thought I was the only one who knew about it

I went into the room, opened the wardrobe, humming away to myself, my thoughts on people and things I'd seen in New Zealand. Then, in an instant, the atmosphere changed at the same time the light in the room suddenly seemed extraordinarily bright. Simultaneously, I was overcome -- literally overcome -- by exhaustion so extreme that I just managed to totter backwards and fall onto the bed, face up. And that's when the ordeal began. It lasted about 10 or 15 minutes as far as I've been able to work out

The 'gnome' entities were intent on pulling me into the wardrobe. This is the sort of thing they put into your head. It sounds totally ridiculous, even to the victim when they later try to analyse it. I regained consciousness three times during the ordeal and interestingly, was not at all alarmed, shocked or surprised to find half a dozen little dwarves trying to manipulate me bodily into a wardrobe. So from this, I believe they are easily able to subdue us and mentally control us, in addition to putting masking-memories into our minds

On the second instance I regained consciousness, they were clustered around the upper half of my body and I had a very good look at them. At the time, I wasn't able to think. But I was able to record, obviously. So basically, I was like a video camera. Later on, the recordings were accessible - in other words, they became my memory of the events and remain clear to this day, although it all happened in the early 80s

They looked much like peasants from rural Slovenia and places like that, i.e., coarse, weather-worn complexion and as if they worked a lot outdoors -- worked hard. Their clothing was much too warm for where I lived. Coarse, heavy fabric in dull, natural colours, hand sewn and a lot of layers, jackets, etc. They were broad and deep in the chest, thick waists, no fat, strong looking. Their facial features were very strong also - strong wide jaws, cheekbones and strong noses. Their eyes were narrow and long and so were their mouths. Their faces had a squashed or compressed appearance, as you'd get if you placed a heavy weight on someone's head. They looked tired and sullen. I was just another job to them, I suspect

Third time I regained consciousness, I kicked out at them and leapt into the middle of the room. I still wasn't scared of them at that point. It was then, grumbling resignedly, they filed into the wardrobe and seemed to go downwards, as if they were walking down a ramp

It was only after they'd gone that I became aware of how bright the room seemed. It seemed brilliant, as if dozens of light bulbs were on, instead of just the one. I stood there for a few moments. Now, I realise I was in the process of regaining my ordinary state of consciousness. But back then, I just stood there in the bright light before running from the room and down the hall, which was only a short one. By the time I got to the end of the hall (so a second or so's duration only ) I was already terrified. So I went from some sort of calm state to absolute terror in the space of a second or two. The terror escalated at tremendous rate and fed on itself. Within a very short time, I was a babbling basket-case -- hyperventilating, almost out of my mind with fear. Looking back from this point, the only explanation I can find is that the entities are able to suppress our emotions and realisation of what's going on. Then they leave and we fall to bits. They're nasty little beggars

I managed to phone someone to come and rescue me. By the time we reached their place, I was in shock. No matter how many blankets were piled on me, I couldn't get warm. I wouldn't let them leave the room or turn off the lights. By next morning, I was fine ( I recover quickly). Then came the long search to find if anyone else had experienced anything similar. I needed to find some record of other's having a similar experience -- otherwise it would mean I was crazy and I knew I wasn't and knew it had happened, yet at the same time I knew how absurd it sounded

There was no internet then, just books. And I could find nothing, other than eventually discovering that Jenny Randles had written that 7% of all alien sightings described the aliens as 'gnomes'. At the time, I was very relieved to learn that

Ten years later, my daughter finally revealed that she'd known about the gnomes in that part of the house when she was a young child. She said she'd been terrified of them and had fought sleep as long as she could because she was afraid they'd 'get her' if she fell asleep. She said she hadn't told me about the gnomes because she believed I'd dismiss it all as 'dreams' or 'imagination'. And I would have done

Then, in around 2005 or 2006, I sent an account of my experience to a UFO research group, basically because I didn't know who else would take it even half seriously (and that's if I were lucky). They said they'd never been contacted by anyone claiming to have a similar experience, but asked if they could publish my account in the next edition of their magazine. I said ok, as long as my identity wasn't revealed

Not long afterwards, the UFO group contacted me about a strange coincidence. Apparently, the day after they'd delivered the proofs of their magazine to the printer's, they'd received a phone call from a woman in Melbourne. She was out of her mind with fear and said she and her adult daughter had been seeing little gnome type creatures running through the house. She begged someone to go to her place and get rid of the creatures. She was hysterical, apparently

The UFO group to which I'd sent my own account, was in Brisbane, about 800 kilometres away from where we now live. The woman in Melbourne lives double that distance from the Brisbane UFO group. Yet both she and I had contacted the Brisbane group, so that was one coincidence. But most amazing to the UFO group was the fact that in all their years of research, they'd never before heard from anyone about 'gnome type' entities. Now, just hours after their magazine (including my account from 20 years previous) had been delivered to the printer -- a woman at the other end of the country had phoned the UFO group, claiming to have gnomes in the house. So, are they merely 'tricksters' ? Or ... ? Did they know my account of them was going to be published (albeit in a small UFO-research group magazine) and did they decide to make an appearance in the other woman's home to let the UFO group and I know they know everything that's going on ? I mean, what did they achieve by scaring the other woman and her daughter ? Neither the woman nor her daughter had experienced anything like it before, apparently, so the gnomes' appearance in her home seemed pointless, unless it was simply to scare her -- or send the UFO-group some sort of message. We'll never know

The UFO group said there was no possible way the woman could have learned about my experience, because the magazine containing my account wasn't even published yet -- wasn't even printed

So that's it. I have my memories of what occurred, but it's very possible it's not a true record of what actually occurred and may well be a memory implanted in my mind by the entities. After all, if they had the power to render me physically exhausted to the point I fell flat on my back and lost consciousness -- then they had no need to struggle to pull me into the wardrobe. Whatever really happened is still in some recess of my mind. I've thought of going to see a hypnotherapist to recall it, but there are three immediate problems: (a) the hypnotherapist would no doubt believe I'm delusional (b) I'd have to make sure the hypnotherapist didn't ' lead ' or prompt me into fabricating a false memory and (c) .... I'm scared of what might emerge, to be perfectly honest

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Your stories reminded me of the legendary Pedro Mountain Mummy.

To the Shoshone Indians of Wyoming , this small race of people were known as the Nimerigar and their legends told of the little people attacking them with tiny bows and poisoned arrows.

A full account of the San Pedro Mountains Mummy can be read on wiki. The mummy that was discovered was found in 1932 by a pair of gold miners who were mining a gold claim in the San Pedro Mountains, Wyoming. They were following a rich vein of gold and upon blasting a part of thier dig they discovered a 4' x 4' x 15' hollow in impervious rock. Within this small cave they discovered a mummified humanoid remnant resting on a ledge in a sitting position.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb6c2d76366b.jpg[/atsimg]

The mummy sat aproximately 7 inches in height, and speculatively 14 inches standing. In 1950, autopsy's were performed on the mummy, along with xrays taken of it, which revealed that it was indeed human.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fdee8964a05b.jpg[/atsimg]

One can only imagine how long this person sat in that dark hole with no exit to escape out from...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Another awesome thread

I swear I wish I could make threads like this.

It's funny how when I am looking for something new to read about you go and make a thread
hehe.

I had never heard of these subterranean dwarves before and to me I believe anything is possible.

S&F of course

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Wow.....just wow. This story reminds me of a Psi Factor episode. Did they hurt you or were they just trying to get you into the wardrobe? Call me crazy but it hink there is more to the "fairy tales" as we can possibly imagine. Interesting read and S+F for you.

Ps: If it´s not to personal i would be interested in the story about your daughter and her experiences. Did they also try to get her into the wardrobe or something else? I wonder why they would try to kidnap someone?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Were this just some random member, this story would have been ignored by me. But it being you makes it credible, at least in the sense that you believe what you report. In any event, you have given me a nights reading to enjoy. Thank you...now to go Google up your references.

Skyfloating....another outstanding thread. Skeptic needs to start sending you a monthly check.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by Dock9

Wow, what a surprising disclosure. Was that the only time you saw them? Have you sometimes not seen them but only sensed them?

Ive seen stuff "out of the corner of my eye" during long walks in the woods.

And yes, who knows if they dont put on the "gray alien" mask once in awhile.

Behaving as if the God in All Life Mattered
Machaelle Small Wright

This is an amazing book that Machaelle Wright wrote about a garden she grew with the help of Nature Spirits called Perelandra in Virginia. She writes that she was able to invoke them at night and could see them.

www.perelandra-ltd.com...

Interesting thread.
S&F

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating The word "Troll" literally means "taken to the mountain". Legend has it that if beautiful women or infants disappeared that there was a troll who had taken them to the mountains or underground.

Trolls aren't little people living underground, Trolls are massive creatures hiding in the forest and the mountains.They eat sheep, can smell a christian mans blood and are otherwise unsanitary. So, Trolls are alot of things, but small is rarely one of them.

Watch the film The Troll Hunter, and you'll see.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Skyfloating awesome Thread, hopefully you will appreciate this clip as it also does concern a lost race of little people -

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Since we are paying homage to the little people, I gotta give credit to old Walt Disney, for calling these little bastards out years ago.

loyalkng.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
edit on 4-4-2011 by gatewaywithin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Reminds me of the uncontacted tribes:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
In Peru some Quechua still believe that the Great Inka and the rest of the chosen Incan population are living underground, sustained by a great crystal that allows them to farm. Legend says that they're waiting for current civilizations to come to the edge of near self annihilation at which point they plan to return to the surface and restore mankind to their proper relationship with Pachamama.

they're tiny.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Okay I do know there are stories of small humanoids and even some fossils I believe, but metal working dwarves with magical powers?

Maybe someone exaggerated a bit somewhere down the religion/urban myth making process?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The first thing that came to mind was Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (the Grimm Brothers original). Since there is kinda a young girl kidnapped by the dwarfs theme going on there. The second thing that came to mind was the China Dwarfs with the data disks the Chinese government won't release to us. The locals said the dwarfs claimed to be survivors of a UFO crash. So the locals enslaved the ones that tried to make contact with us and put them to work in the mines because they were short and ugly. The rest never tried again to contact us and died up in the mountains where they said their ship crashed. The disks were made out of a metal that doesn't correspond with our table of elements or technology level.

S&F

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I am so happy I could just hug you for creating this thread, I have missed your great mind.

Love

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Okay I do know there are stories of small humanoids and even some fossils I believe, but metal working dwarves with magical powers?

Maybe someone exaggerated a bit somewhere down the religion/urban myth making process?

"Psi" abilities are not "magical". It is a fairly well described and somewhat understood process, for at least some elements of "Psi". If you really want to understand it from a scientific point of view, I suggest reading Ingo Swann's website "Superpowers of the human biomind". It is a fascinating process of discovery by the famed "CIA Psychic Spy" from SRI.

With that as a basis for understanding, seeing the "magical" abilities described here are not that far flung and actually begin to make sense. Consider how hard it would be to remain undetected if you could not mentally influence explorers who venture too close.

Is is probable? Not likely....but possible is definite. There are just too many stories that match up, and with added physical evidence it becomes evident that something is amiss.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join